Tales told amongst the cattle herders of Averland, whispers of myth across The Great Ocean, grumblings up and down The World’s Edge Mountains… such Brazen Bastards portend only chaos… what form of menace awaits?
The Brazen Broadcast & Company proudly present a new initiative to create a community owned line of Chaos Dwarfs with interchangeable parts of all styles. Co-conspirators bringing this calamitous intent to your virtual doorstep are as follows:
@Admiral , @chitzkoi , @Loidrial , @MichaelX , @Oxymandias , @Reaver
CDO, by nature of our history, has a longstanding tradition of creating original content. It is the spirit of this community that lit the forge, shaping a plan to solidify our heritage. In our eyes nothing surpasses the character and quality of our fan created content. As a community we have shaped the legacy of Chaos Dwarfs… Let the fires continue to burn unabated, lay waste to our enemies until all is naught but ash.
Consider this a call to action for all those wanting to leave an indelible mark on Chaos Dwarf history, immortalizing their sculpts and sharing with other short angry curly bearded fanatics. I cannot stress this enough, all styles are welcome whether they be Mesopotamian Big Hats, Marauder Era, Azgorh, nude berserkers, Napoleonic, Turnip28, Cult of Walhut, or whatever other chaotic ideas you have stashed under your doubtlessly immense hat.
We are intending to remove some barriers to getting original content in the hands of folks across the globe and giving people access to the sculpts of peers. The workflow will subvert some of the requirements of casting, mitigate some costs, lean into the 3d printing culture that is emerging (and flourishing), and hopefully build a library of Chaos Dwarfs for our community to enjoy.
Here are the proposed steps to this plan:
- Trial Phase - Currently underway, pilot test the below steps
- Spread Chaos - 1 (or 9) Chaos Dwarf dollies are distributed digitally and physically to each willing or blackmailed participant. Dollies have heads and arms removed with flat joins at the arms.
- Do the Thing - Each person sculpts chaos dwarfs in their image (perhaps literally) with a best attempt at adhering to the scale and joints presented by the dollies. All styles encouraged, hats… helms… masks… tusks up… tusks down…
- Get Ready to Look SO GOOD - Prepare each model for scanning, logistics here still need to be haggled over but may include grey priming or pinning parts together.
- Submit Offerings - Mail to Oxy’s shed(s), making sure to use plenty of packing material for Eddy’s mattress. Pray to Hashut and Walhut for safe passage.
- Magic Stuff - Scan beautiful miniatures, laugh maniacally. Note: magic is not free and we will be working strategies and quotes. More to come on that soon.
- Attack of the Clones - Distribute digitally for consumption and printing, likely as Patreon rewards. Members creating content will obviously get access to their own scans by default.
- Prepare for Battle - Print the bastards! Create a unit of eclectic dwarfs, or pick and choose your favorite designs for cohesion.
- Descent into Madness - Contests for painting, composing lore, or doing artwork related to the bastards. Opportunity for digital remixing, reposing, etc
Chaos Dwarfs Online doesn’t stop at just sculpting and painting glorious bastards however… With the help of our Arch-Chronicler @chitzkoi and Artisan @Loidrial Shed-Dweller we’ll kick off accompanying lore and art for our creations. Members are encouraged to come up with prompts to aid this process if they have backstory in mind.
- Sculpts must be entirely created by the submitting member without use of bits from any supplier whether they be printed, cast, mesh-mixed, freely available, etc. Any questions please post in this thread or reach out to any of the forum staff (or @Reaver)
- Each model created (~4 parts: head, body, two arms) counts toward the Dark Father badge although there is nothing to stop someone from only creating heads for example.
- Digital participation is perfectly valid!