28mm Brazen Bastards, A Community Sculpting Initiative [Antenor Strikes Back: Nov 23 2023]

Zhiekward of Cath-Arin
WIP, not as image heavy… Definitely not turnip or rutabaga

I wasn’t as diligent with WIPs but I had this flagged as a bastard idea after I created a mini onion knight familiar. Inspired by one of the most pensive, narcoleptic, goofy, oozing chorfiness Dark Souls characters out there.

My first try using a Green Stuff World chainmail press plate.

Looking forward to seeing if people do this oinkion knight kitbash. Kebab knight? Oinkion Dio?

13 Likes

Zhiekward of Cath-Arin

Final Images

16 Likes

Super cool, but no beard? Could as well be a handling in there… :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Yeah very true, first helm I wanted to go pure onion since I’m a sucker for the original onion knight. I’ve considered making a turnipy looking alternate with a beard. Maybe someone will beat me to it.

2 Likes

Any that have the industry and talent. I think this would be cool to have a chaos dwarf version of excaliburs mordred

5 Likes

Karpok of the Blubberborne
Blubberborne of the Great Tusked One

The Outer Gods of the Dvergar are poised to rumble into the fray of battle. As their following grew, so did their power. No longer shall they be repressed! From the North a war cry booms across the land. Blubber for the blubber god!

Bits from my entry to Artisan’s XXXIV. Of it all I’m most pleased with the blubber texture. Sculpted the rolls onto smooth green stuff, let it cure almost 80% and then scored it with a sharp blade. The partial cure helps to prevent the broader fat rolls from being distorted during the scoring.

The idea started off as just a Walhutian Walrus Centaur. The weapon is something I’ve long imagined for the Walhut aesthetic and is a reimagining of this into a triple tusked scythe. I could also see some nice tusk tipped polearms fitting the theme as well. The torso and arms are a bit oversized compared to other bastards since the walrus was the first thing I sculpted. Lesson learned there.

After I’d finished the centaur I also toyed around with making a walrus head as I had enjoyed sculpting the shield (one of the more old school parts I tried to sculpt in the same spirit as vintage looking daemonic shields). I was pretty happy with the fit of the alternate parts so I was basically obliged at that point to figure out how to make a saddle and legs. The legs turned out a bit undersized compared to the torso but probably would fit other bastards pretty well.

All could be forgiven with some clever rescaling or mesh mixing in the future.

23 Likes

This modular design is amazing, first time seeing this thread, but having this guy be interchangeable with the designs of other people from around here is an incredible idea. And the fact that it could be centaur, or walrus rider is brilliant.

4 Likes

this is brilliant!

3 Likes

Seriously impressive work! Great concept and craftmanship, a worthy win! Also big fan of the onion knight ! (sips coffe from onion knight cup)

5 Likes

Delightfully wonderful!
This was hands down (flippers down?) my favorite entry.
And bonus points for making it modular, I know firsthand how difficult that can be :+1:

5 Likes

So I must have been on CDO break for a bit and missed this thread somehow…

But @Reaver HOLY SHIT man, all these sculpts are amazing! I need that Porco Dio! fig in my collection now!!! serious— I will paint that right now and I haven’t been painting shit lately.

Can’t wait to see all the other contributions that come out of this initiative. Have to figure out how I can contribute too. I don’t have a lot of experience with the green stuff sculpting and even the most simple tasks of crack coverage are challenging to me.
:hat3:

5 Likes

Thank you kindly! Welcome aboard. Really hope to see this one grow. Once life things settle out for me I’d like to dig back in and work through the scan plan with the lads.

Worth noting that contributions don’t necessarily need to be a fully fleshed out miniature. They could be just arms if you don’t find the current selection of polearms to your liking or just heads if you’re a purist leaning in a way that hasn’t been covered. All manner of contributions could make this epic.

Spoiler alert: I’m working on a shark helmed pirate with some inspiration taken from my nautical familiars and asscannon.

7 Likes

I think I’d like to get in on this, if able (can’t promise a lot, but I’ll give it a try). I don’t have a printer, though; what’s the easiest way to get something me dollies ? (In USA)

1 Like

I got you, fam. DM me your details and what you want. I can send the link to the dollies so you get an idea of the poses.

2 Likes

Okay! My email is

/removed by Staff

And while I might end up making generic “masked dwarf” (easier than a face)

I’m going to try to recreate a female model or two, such as the harridans (attached the pic I made in heroforge)

1 Like

Hey Dave,

Maybe not the smartest idea to post all that in a public forum? Its safer privacywise to send it trough a personal message.

Sorry, I thought that was the Pm. (Navigating in my phone)

No need to apologize mate hehe, just watching out for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Somehow I totally missed this really great project during all of its existence. ^^"
First of all, complements to the work done here and the walrus especially!
After it now had some time, how is the project running? I see several people asked for the master dollies, did they receive them and are there already more results posted somewhere else? What is the expected time frame from having sent back some sculpts to part 6? No data yet, I assume, but what is the guess?

2 Likes

The dollies are out there, on my gdrive.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1A-ght4tIDyeuFAmjBNal8Ls6-kmJFG9a

Files should be scaled down to 45%

The project is still alive and in the process of being digitalized!

5 Likes