28mm Brazen Bastards, A Community Sculpting Initiative [Antenor Strikes Back: Nov 23 2023]

Unzi Al-Ashrar, "The Wicked"
Work in Progress, image heavy!

Humble beginnings of my first full chaos dwarf sculpt. The dolly is a very useful scale tool and I really enjoyed working to the @Loidrial concept art for my first go.

Curse Eddy for having so many open hands on one miniature though. Thankful for the blissfully clean air of northern Maine that provided a calming atmosphere.

The armature for the Djinn was a similar challenge to my Brother’s Djinn conversion. I tried to double it back on itself and pin through clever places to give the correct gap look. Iterated through subtractive and additive a few times on the Djinn facial structure, didn’t come out a great rendition but it’s a mimicry attempt at least.

Toothless Djinn and no face sorcerer head. I sculpted the head while it was barely secured to the torso to help with fit. I did some touch up later to the joint after removal.

Djinn musculature and first pass at real facial features.

Beardination complete. This will be a tough one to maintain consistency and compatibility of interchangeable heads but I found creating a small tab and letting it cure to be very advantageous. I used my roll maker tutorial for beards. Spit and nose grease helped to sculpt the shroud behind the hat without it sticking to the main body.

Almost forgot this…

14 Likes