Antenor's Evil Dwarves [2024-01-31]

Great conversion! Really love that guy, he fits great with your other models. The model was my favorite and of course got my vote. :beer:

1 Like

I absolutely loved this guy. Fantastic mini and such skills. He was my top choice.

2 Likes

The most original of the entire lot! Always huge fan of your work!
It’s so damn cool!!

1 Like

Awesome!

I immediately noted the jacket in Hussars’s style. Love it :cd1990gif:

3 Likes

Consider this a formal and only somewhat friendly threat to bring one of these lovely sculpts into the Brazen Bastards. Your modularity is so clean!

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the kind and encouraging words, everyone!

@Reaver Haha, received and processed! Indeed, I have declared that I will contribute to the Brazen Bastards project, and so it shall be. Not these exact models, though, but a dedicated Brazen Bastards sculpt, or (as I hope) more, all in the fullness of time - I have something special in mind. For the time being, alas, I’ve got my table full of ongoing projects, both hobby-related and otherwise. But then again, what can time as perceived by humans signify to a dwarven mind? :smile:

2 Likes

At long last, I’ve finished painting my Bull Centaurs!

(Couldn’t resist a couple of Zhanta beards :smile:)

And for the sake of completeness, here’s the whole merry band:

These seven on a magnetic movement tray make up my Abyssal Halfbreed Regiment for KoW. They’ve already performed exceedingly well on the gaming table in their unpainted state - let’s hope they continue to do so now!

16 Likes

Im glad im still alive to see it!
They look wonderful, v nice!

2 Likes

I love how they look chunky and cool at the same time!

1 Like

what a marvelous bunch!!!

1 Like

Lord on Taurus

I finally got around to painting this beautiful sculpt by Scibor (it actually comes with an awesome scenic base included, but I magnetised it onto a 75x75 for KoW purposes). This was my first experiment with the zenithal technique, and I am very happy with the result, particularly the red skin (black primer, zenithal drybrush with Grey Seer, then Flesh Tearers Red) - it went exceedingly fast and looks better than anything I could have achieved with layering. The rider’s armour is a red drybrush over black - it’s easy, gives a classic Chaos Armour vibe (at least to me), and doesn’t make him pop too much, as I actually wanted the Taurus to be the focus of the viewer’s attention. The sculpt itself is more on the modern, grim side of fantasy, but I tried to establish a connection to 90s Chaos-Dwarvery by sticking to the colour scheme of the classic Taurus artwork: red skin, yellow eyes, shiny black horns and hooves.

I also got some minor stuff done, some of it going back to my earliest CD converting days, all of it very quick and dirty: a multi-rocket launcher converted from a broken Organ Gun that I got at a local hobby store, two mutated mastiffs for KoW, an impromptu rocket launching station (as unit filler for my blunderbusses) and some light refreshments for my warriors (likewise unit fillers).

This means that all of my miniatures belonging to Azrubal’s Host are now painted - no more playing with primed minis! Of course, the horde can and quite probably will continue to grow, but it’s a considerable milestone for me.

Thanks for taking a look!

Antenor

19 Likes

Lovely Taurus scheme (thanks for sharing the process!) The pile of skulls on the base is very fitting. The fillers are super fun, I especially like the mastiffs!

2 Likes

Love unit fillers!! They’s like a haiku in that you’ve got a very finite space to work within but once you get the hang of it, as you have, it’s possible to do some wonderful stuff!!

~N

3 Likes

Love the unit of Bull Centaurs, seeing conversions like that brings back memories… Great job! Looks 5/5! :hatoff:

2 Likes

Having the same Taurus model on the with list, it’s nice to see one of them done. ^^
Should be more common anyway, IMHO.

1 Like

@Kuanor True, I’m not sure at all why it’s not a more common sight around here. Of all the Winged Bull models available, it’s easily my favourite. @Zanko has the other variety here.

@Reaver Thanks for the kind words! Well, the process was simple enough, and I do feel a bit silly for not having known this technique before. Could’ve saved me loads of time and trouble in the past. I’ll take this as a reminder to always keep learning!
Truth be told, the skull pile mainly serves to conceal the magnets. :wink:

@Nicodemus Thank you very much! Happy to hear that from an honoured CDO veteran such as yourself. :hatoff:

@tjub And that goes for you too! :hatoff: Indeed, those Bull Centaurs are more than a little inspired by your work. You know, of course, how much I admire your conversions. The face design owes a lot to your style, and the Bull Centaur Drummer is an idea I absolutely stole from you - even with those exact dwarven drum bits! :smile:

2 Likes

That’s gotta feel amazing, congrats! Both the effort and discipline are commendable.

1 Like

Love the taurus!

1 Like

Ahuahaah the doggo!!! Awesome xD

1 Like

Is there any victory more complete in the Battle Against The Grey than fielding a newly-fully painted army?

For me, it reigns supreme. On black feathered wings.

6 Likes