Antenor's Evil Dwarves [2024-01-31]

Lord on Taurus

I finally got around to painting this beautiful sculpt by Scibor (it actually comes with an awesome scenic base included, but I magnetised it onto a 75x75 for KoW purposes). This was my first experiment with the zenithal technique, and I am very happy with the result, particularly the red skin (black primer, zenithal drybrush with Grey Seer, then Flesh Tearers Red) - it went exceedingly fast and looks better than anything I could have achieved with layering. The rider’s armour is a red drybrush over black - it’s easy, gives a classic Chaos Armour vibe (at least to me), and doesn’t make him pop too much, as I actually wanted the Taurus to be the focus of the viewer’s attention. The sculpt itself is more on the modern, grim side of fantasy, but I tried to establish a connection to 90s Chaos-Dwarvery by sticking to the colour scheme of the classic Taurus artwork: red skin, yellow eyes, shiny black horns and hooves.

I also got some minor stuff done, some of it going back to my earliest CD converting days, all of it very quick and dirty: a multi-rocket launcher converted from a broken Organ Gun that I got at a local hobby store, two mutated mastiffs for KoW, an impromptu rocket launching station (as unit filler for my blunderbusses) and some light refreshments for my warriors (likewise unit fillers).

This means that all of my miniatures belonging to Azrubal’s Host are now painted - no more playing with primed minis! Of course, the horde can and quite probably will continue to grow, but it’s a considerable milestone for me.

Thanks for taking a look!

Antenor

19 Likes