[Archive] [05-10-2008] KOA Raiders of the old world (pic heavy)

Kera foehunter:

great stuff  i like your v2 warriors

*skully clay * i made some thin pieces and they burned. Boy did it fill the house with stinky black smoke

Knight Of Awsome:

Update!

C&C are welcome!:cheers

Kera foehunter:

K.o.a now i like that very much. you live up to your name its awsome!!

Xander:

Looking cool man! I like it. :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

The new warriors look much better, if you don’t mind my saying. Ilike the scale mail around the neck. The scale has been done much neater too. The bull centaur is looking good. Can’t wait to see all 5. Not sure if the bull body is a wee bit too long though…

minty:

everyone has such awesme armies on here, it so much fun to browse

I cannot wait to see it all finished, the warriors are excelent, and so is the BC…you just need to paint it all:)

Knight Of Awsome:

Update

As I’m am getting lots of great comments (and slaves) from lots of you guys, thanks! As my painting and modeling are getting better  (and my camera) i am looking for many new things to creating in the chaos dwarf world, so i think my next project is going to be drum-roll a great Taurus or an earthshaker! So i have created a poll for which one I’m going to build, and its only going to last a week so hurry fast!

Edit:I forgot to stick the time limmit on the poll!

I also have gotten my bullcentaur painted so here he is, enjoy!

Vexxus:

Love the CD v2, it is really remarkable to watch the dedication and hard work on your part, pay dividends on the finished product. Very very nice!

I voted for the great Taurus, since I think you have the practice you needed from your Bull Centaur, and are ready to conquer your army centre-piece!

Best of luck, whichever you choose, and as always keep us posted :wink:

Edit: ooh! Any teasers about your entry for the GH6?

Kera foehunter:

Great job i like to see a close up on the one with the horned helmet he looks neat

Knight Of Awsome:

Edit: ooh! Any teasers about your entry for the GH6?

Vexxus
Other than its going to be better than my first golden hat? But i only have the concept and a blob of him....
Great job i like to see a close up on the one with the horned helmet he looks neat

Kera foehunter
horned helemt? On my bull centaur or my chaos dwarf v2?

Xander:

Awesome. :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looking good, the colour schemes are working well and the models look fine! I think Great taurus as you need a true beast and have had some anatomy practice. Let’s put it to use, make your Lord, then decide the wings. As for an Earthshaker, it then gives you time to think about it :wink:

Vexxus:

My bullcentaur has a nose!!(yay)
here are two of my new chaos dwarfs, Sorry for some of the blurryness...there wasn't a lot of light.

Knight Of Awsome
I might suggest photographing them on plain white paper, as your camera seems to be focusing on the ground detail rather than your model :)

Also, the macro focus function will help, if your camera has one!

Willmark:

Excellent improvements. Keep up the good work.

Knight Of Awsome:

Sorry for the lack of updates… my golden-hat entry is taking up all my modeling time, but aside from that, i found my air brush! So, anyone know any ideas using an air brush that i could use in my chaos dwarf army. On a second note…( I’m really ashamed of this one) i forgot to stick a timer on that poll i made… could a mod turn it off (if you can do that) or i may have to do something, some how.

I might suggest photographing them on plain white paper, as your camera seems to be focusing on the ground detail rather than your model

Also, the macro focus function will help, if your camera has one!

Vexxus
The problem was with the shutter speed, the faster the speed the less objects are in focus (in this case the closer parts of the model), so i changed to mode to “P” (fully manual) that was already set up for taking close shots (like corals). so far it has been taking nice pictures. as for the white back-ground, i have a second tool for that that i haven’t been using, but i forgot whats is called.

And i almost forgot, my next project is going to be a Great Taurus!:hashut