[Archive] 09/17/09 For here lays madness! Ghosts army blog {pic heavy}

Ghost:

Welcome to my blog, I have been collecting citadel miniatures for 12 years now and I finally feel as I have enough CDs to start working on a army.

All my models are 1992~1994 big hat type.

I’m going to make a attempt to get my army done in a month. This shouldn’t be to hard as I only sell GW models on the net for a living.

On to the army

09/24/09 Day One

I started this morning dusted of my boxes of CD’s, HG’s and Orcs. Then I laid them out for the “before photo”.

Next step was to give the painted ones a bath. A few hours later all the metal models have been stripped and the plastic models have had one scrub and went back into the simple green for a second soak.

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Bassman:

If I understood correctly you are going to paint them to sell them. I’m curious to see the final result and the final price you’ll get. :slight_smile:

Nice bunch of old metal minis, by the way. :slight_smile:

Ghost:

If I understood correctly you are going to paint them to sell them. I'm curious to see the final result and the final price you'll get. :)

Nice bunch of old metal minis, by the way. :)

Bassman
I'm not going to sell them. I sell brand new games workshop models. I can see how you got that idea from what I said though

I don't think I have sold a OOP figure in over 7 years LOL

Loki:

First welcome to the site glad to have you with us :), you have a great selection of models their ghost I am looking forward to seeing how they turn out, post more soon :slight_smile:

Canix:

Nice collection ,look forward to seeing them painted .Thats a pretty demanding paint schedule have you a basement full of slaves? :hat

Crube:

Good luck with your challenge - are you going to be stripping those guys down then, and repainting?

Ghost:

09/24/09

End of day one. I have assembled and glued 90% of the metals to there bases. The plastic still need some stripping. I found another 10 black orcs in a box. They are the one posse plastics but they are all new still on there spurs.

Thanks to Bilbo baggins for the army list I can work that out tomorrow.

If i can find 10 plastic wolfs I can add 10 hobgoblin wolf riders

well here they are

tjub:

Wow, Im jealous of all those… You got a great “start” there! :wink: :smiley:

Swissdictator:

Even though I’m going Helm these days, I’m very jealous of that large collection of classic figures you have. Very jealous indeed.

Now just tell me your address, security codes for your house alarm, and what hours you sleep.

Zanko:

I´m not a real BigHat fan, but nevertheless great army! :hat off

All in all it looks very promising! :wink:

I´m very eager to see your paint scheme!

:hashut

Bassman:

How many hobgoblins… the preciousssss :expressionless:

Be careful of robbers, they are worth more gold than they weight… at least last time I checked ebay… :~

clam:

Nice collection of these old classics. Looking forward seeing those pained. Any idea about colours for these.

Ghost:

09/25/09

Day two

My plastic models are stripping nicely in simple green one more scrub and I’ll be happy with them.

I’ve based up the rocket launcher and started to add the texture to the bases of the Blunderbusses and the bull centaurs

photos to date

I LOVE SIMPLE GREEN

Swim my pretties

Rocket Launcher

Kera foehunter:

Great army and the simple green rules !!

Ghost:

Well at the end of day two I didn’t get as much done as I had hoped, I kind of got drunk:cheers

I�?Tve got all the gaps in the bases filled and got the sand glued to them. Tomorrow they will get sprayed black, whether providing

I’ve do a quick count up and there is about 1500pts with no upgrades so I�?Tm pretty happy with that

0/110 models painted:o

Kera foehunter:

Well that happen to the best of us !!

Ghost:

09/26/09

Day three

All the metala have been sprayed black. The plastic still need to be based.

The paint starts I’ll have some photos of the first painted stuff tomorow

0/110 painted

Willmark:

Cool start to the blog, even with the fact that I’m not a hat fan it is interesting to see how this will progress.

Didn’t see it anywhere, did you paint all these originally?

Ghost:

Cool start to the blog, even with the fact that I'm not a hat fan it is interesting to see how this will progress.

Didn't see it anywhere, did you paint all these originally?

Willmark
Thanks, I've been looking forward to painting these for some time now. The first photo show the models as i got them. I just disassembled them and kept them in bags for the last 2 years.

08/26/09

Day three

I got time today so far to paint a hobgoblin test figure. I'm going to start on a CD test figure after I cook my wife and I diner

1/110 models painted

Loki:

Great work Ghost they are looking great, bet you cant wait to get them done, such a great collection of big hats i wish i had that many, the test hobgoblin looks good am really looking forward to seeing some painted big hats :hat