[Archive] 1.25k list for league

tunagami:

So, I am working on my first ever CD list and I am tied on these 2 at the moment. Thing of note. I don’t have many more figs than what I am listing below (Except for another 18 BBs) and I can only have 2 warmachines in my army per the rules.

Version 1:

I like the idea of the bulls being a nice hammer unit. Without them, I think at this point level it is hard to have a real hammer unit. I am also unsure of an earthshaker doing much at this point level due to less clustering and the potential that we might even play on a 4x6 table (I am hoping for more 4x4s though since I am not so fast).

lv 2 Sorcerer: scroll & power stone @ 150 Pts (general)

lv 2 Sorcerer: scroll @ 125 Pts

Hobgoblin Hero: wolf, heavy armor, Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield @ 86 Pts

20 warriors: full command @ 210 Pts

18 Blunderbuss @ 216 Pts

10 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders: bow + musician @ 150 Pts

10 Hobgoblins: bow @ 50 Pts

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower @ 30 Pts = 60 pts

5 Bull Centaurs: full command + heavy armor & full command @ 150 Pts

Casting Pool: 6

Dispel Pool: 4

Models in Army: 82

Total Army Cost: 1247

Version 2:

This one is more warmachine based and with another gimmie unit of hobos. Like I said above, I feel this is missing any hammer and seems to rely on the earthshaker to do much whittling down.

lv 2 Sorcerer: scroll & power stone @ 150 Pts (general)

lv 2 Sorcerer: scroll @ 125 Pts

Hobgoblin Hero: wolf, heavy armor, Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield @ 86 Pts

20 warriors: full command @ 210 Pts

18 Blunderbuss @ 216 Pts

10 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders: bow + musician @ 150 Pts

10 Hobgoblins: @ 20 Pts

Death Rocket @ 80 Pts

Earthshaker @ 110 Pts

Casting Pool: 6

Dispel Pool: 4

Models in Army: 88

Total Army Cost: 1247

What say ye?

wallacer:

Version 2 would be more effective, I think.

Since both versions of the list are gunlines, the Earthshaker would be more valuable as it would allow you to slow the enemy down to give your gunline more firing time.

Dropping the Death Rocket and taking two bolt throwers would probably make it even more deadly, although of course using both bolt throwers and an Earth Shaker in a game that size will probably result in you being stoned to death (literally).

That is assuming of course that the rules allowing you to take two war machines take into account that a bolt thrower is two-for-one deal.

If not, maybe better to stick with the rocket (never used one before so can’t really comment about it’s effectiveness).

Giving your Hobogb hero the Black hammer of Hashut (if you can free up the points for it) would help to compensate somewhat for the lost killing power of your Bull Centaurs.

Vexxus:

Version 2 is preferable almost based on the war machines alone. Bolt throwers are only half a war machine each, it’d be a same to waste your two slots on items that should really only count as half… the version 2 war machines will be tide turners by comparison!

tunagami:

Sweet! Thanks for the replies guys!!! Now I just need to get me an earthshaker :wink: