[Archive] 1/35 resin model bulls (conversion fodder)

fattdex:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/260917042328?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/260917042945?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I’ve ordered up 6 of these, and we’ll see if I can’t make bull centaurs of them.

Grimstonefire:

I went for 3 in the end … in the event they turn out Great Taurus sized! :o

BoomBoom:

these bulls look great. if you could post pics to show scale once you get them, i would be eternally grateful!

Taurian:

It’s a good looking model, but I’d just prefer if the legs were a bit “meatier”, if you know what I mean. I’ll probably end up getting one or two anyway, at that price. Thanks for sharing this find with us.

tjub:

Wow, they do look good at least…

@Grim: Give us some pics once you have it in your possession! :slight_smile:

Mutter:

Just keep in mind/be aware that these are illegal Chinese recasts.

Not saying don’t order them anyway, just be aware of it. :wink:

Galladorn:

1/35 scale makes the model how large?

cornixt:

Recasts of what?

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Mutter:

Don’t know. But I know the seller, and he ONLY sells recasts. Look at his other items … :wink:

Castellan:

Maybe you could make some K’daii, or a Destroyer with them?

-Castellan

theforgefather:

If they are recasts, dosen’t that make them illegal? and anyway with the p+p, its actually more expensive than GW (the people that have all your money!)

Mutter:

If they are recasts, dosen't that make them illegal?

theforgefather
Theoretically yes. Don't know what the legal stuff is with them doing it in China.
and anyway with the p+p, its actually more expensive than GW (the people that have all your money!)
Really? It seemed awefully cheap to me, but myabe I didn't look closely enough ...

theforgefather:

but where do you live cos here in the UK for the ork commandos from the ebay the postage is more than the product and the sanguinior is more with p/p than gw. and cos theyr’e recasts, I cant use them in gw so they are basically a good idea but not good in practice.

Mutter:

Situated in Germany. For me, it says 3 Dollars Australian for international shipping for the bull. Surely, that is not too much?

fattdex:

Mine arrived thismorning!

Test mini has been assemled and smoothed in, I really quite like it. From the profile iit looks quite like an assyrian shedu illustration, it towers over the old one as you can see and is definitely a monstrous beast on the 50mm base.

at the moment, i have hacksawed off the back quarter of a scibor moscal and pinned it to the bull body, used putty to blend the body in, gap filled and created a great weapon from styrene rod and a black orc great axe. I was going to put a shield on the gut ala ogres, but I think instead that I will just recreate the classical bull centaur armour from the old model/new art to cover some of his front and flanks, doing the old armour strip down the back and around the tail.

I have an epic army to paint before the 26th for Cancon, right after that I will properly build the unit.

ryanamandaanna:

I really like the way that looks; it blends really well!

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Am I correct that it is a bit too big for the base?  Will they rank up??

Grimbold Blackhammer

fattdex:

yes it hangs forward a little but the back of the base is sparse; it would be simple to rank them up by design

fattdex:

Here’s how I’m ranking them up (a bit herd like)

ryanamandaanna:

They look a bit like a dancing troupe. :wink: