[Archive] 1.5k Chaos Dwarf & Night Goblin Alliance Vs Dwarfs

ross_lionheart:

Hi,  :hat off

I have a game of warhammer coming up this Thursday against a 3000 point Dwarf army.  I will be using 1.5k worth of my Chaos Dwarfs and my accomplice will be using 1.5k of Night Goblins.  Now because the Dwarf player will be able to field lord level characters it has been agreed that we will be able to do so as well.

I’ve decided to use a BC Lord instead of a sorcerer lord as it is likely that most of my magic will fizz out due to his resilience, before I can deal out any real damage.  

I understand that most dwarf units won’t win through kills but intend on racking up the CC resolution.  So whilst holding his units up in combat with my CD warriors, the night goblins should be able to hit his flank with his fast cav accompanied by a character to swing the combat in our favour.

All tactical/army list advice welcome…

Characters:

Rykarth the Unbreakable - Chaos Dwarfs

Chaos Dwarf Hero (General) 94 Pts

Great Weapon

Armour of Gazrakh  

Bull Centaur Lord: 263

Shield, Black Hammer of Hashut, Armor of the Furnace

Core:

24 Chaos Dwarf Warriors 246 pts

- hand weapon, shield, heavy armour

- full command

- Warbanner (plus one combat res) @ 25 Points

- full command

18 CD Blunderbuss 216 pts

- Blunderbusses & Heavy armour

25 Hobgoblins 50 pts

-  hand weapons

25 Hobgoblins 50 pts

-  hand weapons

Special:

Bolt Thrower x2 = 60pts

Bolt Thrower x2 = 60pts

1 Death Rocket @ 80 Points

-  2 Chaos Dwarf Crew

Rare:

6 Chaos Dwarf Bull Centaurs @ 126 Points

Heavy Armour & Great Weapons

dncswlf:

WHy take the hobgoblins at all… if your accomplice is using an entire army of gobbos he should be able to support you in any way that hob goblins would, I’d take more of troops that the NG player can’t take… not that hobbos = gobbos… but they are near enough the same…

cricketofdeth:

I agree with dncswlf here, loose the hobos.

I like your plan to hold the enemy in front with your CD, and flank with the goblins, but goblin cav is terrible, use squigs if he has them.

The range of the BB is a liability here, it will take you all game to get close enough to use them, I would drop them for something else.

Also, I’d drop the BC lord for 2 BC heros, you can get the points for more BC’s by dropping the hobos,BB, and the death rocket, or 2 bolt throwers. That way you would have 2 powerful flanking units of your own. If your opponent is going war machine heavy, get an earth shaker instead of more BC’s.

Just get to his anvil as quickly as you can, if the BC have to die to tie up the anvil, it’s a good trade. That thing will wreck whole armies if he is takeing thoteck ironbrow.

ross_lionheart:

I still have 200 points left over to spend but I’m not sure what to spend it on. I could use a unit of hobgoblin wolf riders with a hobgoblin hero or a unit of blunderbusses.

This is my list so far:

Characters:

Rykarth the Unbreakable

Chaos Dwarf Hero (General) 94 Pts

Great Weapon

Armour of Gazrakh

Chaos Dwarf Hero (BSB) @ 109 Pts

Heavy Armour, Enchanted Shield & Sword Of Might

Core:

- full command

- Warbanner (plus one combat res) @ 25 Points

- full command

25 Hobgoblins 50 pts

- hand weapons

25 Hobgoblins 50 pts

- hand weapons

Special:

Bolt Thrower x2 = 60pts

Bolt Thrower x2 = 60pts

20 Orc Big Un’s: 246 pts

Choppas; Shields; Light Armour; Full Command.

Rare:

1 Earthshaker @ 110 Pts

- 3 Crew with Heavy Armour

Total: 1296

cricketofdeth:

Well, if you have to take greenskins, then take black orcs instead of the big’uns. Animosity is a pain, and you have a lot of it in this list. I don’t blame you a bit for keeping the hobos, after what I paid for mine they will be in every list no matter what too.

Your BSB can’t take the E.shield, if you are using the ravening hordes rules.

200 points? 10 wolf riders w/shields, and armer of the furnace for your BSB.

I think in my first response I was thinking 2k points, my bad.