[Archive] 1000 point starting Chaos Dwarf list

Redhammer:

Well, I am starting to convert up my army, and have finished a lord/hero combat character and a sorcerer (my conversion thread, probably a blog in the making, can be found here: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8618). As such, before I do too much conversions, I want to make sure I’m building an actual list! I do, however, have a few things I really want to include - the characters I just made and a unit of blunderbusses are the real only musts, and a death rocket would also be fun. Here are my plans for a 1k army list. Let me know if any choices are poor, as I would like to build an army that can fight well if I’m going to spend this much time building it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and I will be making lists using RH for now, but I’m leaning towards trying out Thommy H’s book once I have a few games in with RH. I love his bull centaur rules, among a few others.

Without further ado, here is my planned 1000 point list:

Damekker the Bleak

Chaos Dwarf Hero

Great Weapon, Armor of Gazrakh

-this guy is cheap, hard hitting, and already made!

Gragakk Flatnose

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Level 2 (Lore of Fire)

-Nothing too fancy, as I’m not very used to equipping wizards (I play mainly Dwarfs and a Khorne dedicated WoC army!) but I feel like he doesn’t need too much to still make an impact!

20 Chaos Dwarfs

FC, Blunderbusses

-I love the sound of these guys! It’s a shame they lose their shields, but they keep a 5+ save in CC, so I decided to give them command. These guys would be a fun modeling challenge, and a very striking unit. I gotta have em!

24 Chaos Dwarf Warriors

FC

-Seems like a solid unit. Led by my hero, this unit would be a strong block to face most the opposition the opponent has to offer at this level.

Death Rocket

-No more guess ranges? Chance to try and build a funky missile of awesome? Yes please.

Earthshaker

-Not sure how I’m going to build this other than “giant cannon” but it sounds like too much fun to pass up. I like the rules for it, and it would also show off the Chaos Dwarf technology a bit.

955 points!

So there you have it, 45 points under. Wondering what I should put in there… Maybe hobgoblin archers…

Anyway, feedback is appreciated. I think its a good list that showcases some of the fun elements of the Chaos Dwarfs, although I’m a little miffed about a couple of things:

1) No slaves! It’s okay, but it still seems odd. Maybe I should swap the Earthshaker for 2 BTs and 25 Hobgoblins?

2) No Bull Centaurs! Not as bothered by this, as I want some good experience making Chaos Dwarfs before I try to build these.

Either way, for cheapness sake I’ll probably build this list first (I have most the models already, or at least the bits for them). However, if there is something I must have/change for the sake of effectiveness, let me know. My main opponents are High Elves, Bretonnia, Orcs and Goblins, Empire, and Dark Elves.

Baggronor:

However, if there is something I must have/change for the sake of effectiveness, let me know.
Battle Standard :) They are soooooooooo good in 8th.

Hobgoblin diverters - I mean warriors, yes warriors. A big unit or two to keep steadfast and remove other people's steadfast.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, the units you've listed come to 900pts, not 955.

Redhammer:

…you’re absolutely right. Well, that’s 100 points more! I guess I’ll have to add some slaves. I always use a BSB for my regular Dwarfs, but I was going to hold off on converting one until I got 1000 points done. No real reason for that, though! I’ll have to rework the list a bit when I get in front of my computer and aren’t hastily typing away on my phone between classes!

I’ll update soon.

Redhammer:

Alright, I’ve made another list.  This one is a bit more ambitious in terms of model count, but I don’t think hobgoblins will take as long as a Chaos Dwarf does… anyways, here is the new list:

Damekker the Bleak
Chaos Dwarf Hero
Great Weapon, Armor of Gazrakh

Gorgorakh the Stoic
Chaos Dwarf Hero �?" BSB
Heavy Armor

-Added a BSB.  Had a great idea for a banner, and its actually coming along nicely!  I’'m waiting for the glue to dry as I post this :slight_smile:

Gragakk Flatnose
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer
Level 2 (Lore of Fire)

20 Chaos Dwarfs
FC, Blunderbusses

24 Chaos Dwarf Warriors
FC

40 Hobgoblins
Shields

-BIG unit to tarpit like mad, especially if near the BSB and general.  I’m considering splitting it into two units of 20, but that is more a technicality in this regard. This is also the only unit I don’t have any spare bits lying around for!

Death Rocket

Less warmachines, which my opponents won’t mind, but I really do like both the death rocket and the earthshaker… Well, I guess I’ll just have to build more than 1000 points of Dawi Zharr! :wink:

Baggronor:

Looking good, a bit of everything :cheers