Deamonsmith sorcerer 95

20 x Infernal Guard 240

- Hailshot Blunderbusses 120

Magma Cannon 145

Magma Cannon 145

Deathshrieker Rocket Lancher 100

Total = 1000p

Akzyng:

I posted my 1000p army list up here. Please reply on what I can improve and change and/or any other comments.

Singleton Mosby:

I posted my 1000p army list up here. Please reply on what I can improve and change and/or any other comments.

Akzyng
Have you thought about including a Castellan with the Blunderbusses. It would make them stubborn and thus much harder to get rid off. I will be using a similair 800 points list on a tournament this saturday:

- Castellan
- Wolfrider Khan
- 23 Blunderbusses with Gleaming Pennant
- Magma cannon

BABIS:

and what about changing the blunderbusses with fireglaives? you have only one dwarfs unit, so you may need both shooting and combat power…

Akzyng:

and what about changing the blunderbusses with fireglaives? you have only one dwarfs unit, so you may need both shooting and combat power...

BABIS
Well in 20+ numbers blunderbusses get re-roll to wound, D3 multiple shots, armor piercing and no modifiers which, in my oppinion, stands up against the +1 strength of the fireglaive. I think we all know infernal gaurd are good combatents already anyway. But i have considerd it, and thanks for the advice.

BABIS:

and what about changing the blunderbusses with fireglaives? you have only one dwarfs unit, so you may need both shooting and combat power...

BABIS
Well in 20+ numbers blunderbusses get re-roll to wound, D3 multiple shots, armor piercing and no modifiers which, in my oppinion, stands up against the +1 strength of the fireglaive. I think we all know infernal gaurd are good combatents already anyway. But i have considerd it, and thanks for the advice.

Akzyng
the problem is that is too difficult to shoot with 20 dwarfs at the same time (this is the condition to have the reroll to wound) and even if are in the condition to shoot with 20 models in your list you have only 20 models so if you loose even only one model ( maybe by a magic bolt or spell) you can't have the reroll..
and the 12" range is not so effective.. imho the blunderbusses are too pricey for what they do..

Akzyng:

the problem is that is too difficult to shoot with 20 dwarfs at the same time (this is the condition to have the reroll to wound) and even if are in the condition to shoot with 20 models in your list you have only 20 models so if you loose even only one model ( maybe by a magic bolt or spell) you can't have the reroll..
and the 12" range is not so effective.. imho the blunderbusses are too pricey for what they do..

BABIS
Now I've thought about it, you're right. Fire-glaves are a lot better: particualy the 18" range (which is really valuble in a gunline) and the +1Strength. so you've convinced me and thanks for the advice :hat off. But then i have 20p left, what do i use them for?

Akzyng:

Have you thought about including a Castellan with the Blunderbusses. It would make them stubborn and thus much harder to get rid off. I will be using a similair 800 points list on a tournament this saturday:

- Castellan
- Wolfrider Khan
- 23 Blunderbusses with Gleaming Pennant
- Magma cannon

Singleton Mosby
First of all, nice list, I'm sure you'll get far. but then about the Castellan: he costs 105p, which is a lot for just stubborn. and its probbaly better to take a 35p "Crown of Command" if you want stubborn. But thanks for the advice.

Hashut’s Blessing:

2 things: Hailshot Blunderbusses are better in combat - especially at this points level. The extra 6" range won’t really come into play and potentially removes 1 or 2 shots as well. Add to that that you’re already S4, so don’t NEED the strength boost and the high cost of ANY equipped Infernal Guard and the 3+ armour Save with 6+ Parry save keeps those expensive models alive for much longer. You also don’t suffer Stand & Shoot penalties which is a massive bonus to us with our muh Ballistic Skill.

Second thing is: You have to put what lores your sorcerers are using - the rules state it and it also allows us to make comments on those decisions :wink:

Akzyng:

Second thing is: You have to put what lores your sorcerers are using - the rules state it and it also allows us to make comments on those decisions ;)

Hashut's Blessing
I´m most probably gonna to use Lore of Metal on my level 2, and Lore of Death on my level 1

And I think the Blunderbusses and Fire-Glaives are equally good, the +1 strength on the shot is quite a difference, so ...

Gmaleron:

Second thing is: You have to put what lores your sorcerers are using - the rules state it and it also allows us to make comments on those decisions ;)

Hashut's Blessing
I´m most probably gonna to use Lore of Metal on my level 2, and Lore of Death on my level 1

And I think the Blunderbusses and Fire-Glaives are equally good, the +1 strength on the shot is quite a difference, so ...

Akzyng
In my experience Blunderbusses are very hit and miss whereas I have had alot of success with running units equipped with Blunderbusses. Yes they are short range and yes you may only get 2-3 shots off with them. However we are only BS 3 (the same as a hobgoblin) so the chance to get multiple shots off with re-rolls to hit is huge. If you dont want blunderbusses I would even suggest naked Infernal guard and taking some hobgoblin archers.

Akzyng:

wel i rearanged my list

1000p list

2x Deamonsmith sorcerer (1x metal, 1x death) 190
  -  1 Dispel Scroll                                        25
  -  1x metal, 1x death                                 0

17x Infernal gaurd                                       204
  -  w/ Fire-glaves                                        85

2x Magma Cannon                                       290

2x Deathshrieker                                         200

+  some kind of 5p upgrade

= 999p