[Archive] 10mm evil dwarves coming

Hashut:

Hi guys,

I�?Tm in the process of commissioning some evil dwarves in 10mm scale. Before I get the sculptor to start working away, I am interested in finding out what you are looking for, aesthetically speaking. Ornate helmets or masks? Mail, plate, or scale armour? Anything else you can think of will be helpful, too. As soon as I�?Tve decided on the �?~look�?T, I�?Tll get a test sculpt done.  

The range will start with a pack of 30 axemen for around $10-12 USD. If it is to expand beyond that any time soon, the sales will need to fund future commissions, so I�?Tm looking to produce something that will have some appeal beyond my personal tastes.

Looking forward to seeing what you think!

Edit: Sorry I meant to post this in the general wargames news sub-forum. Could a mod please move it?

bas_2312:

10mm Chaos Dwarfs with HATS! I’m in :smiley:

You should post this in the Minihammer Facebook group, it’s filled with guys who play with 10mm figures.

Facebook Groups

Hashut:

I’m not on facebook, unfortunately!

But if anybody else wants to go over there and post it, be my guest :slight_smile:

Carcearion:

I am very fond of scale mail and big hats myself! I think some bull motifs are a must.

Oh and lightning bolts! I love lightning bolts on Chaos Dwarves.

Abecedar:

Eureka have a range of 10mm CD’s. I have them and would be interested in others

Here’s the link to our thread with a list of manufacturers. A link to the Eureka site is listed here

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17111

Hashut:

Hey mate, I know of Eureka’s stuff, but they are lacking in appropriate headwear, IMO.

Glad to hear you’re keen on something extra for your collection!

tjub:

Go big hats of course! I started doing a range for 15mm, since there wasn’t any… We should have representation in every size of course! :smiley:

tjub:

I dont play the scale so haven’t really looked. But 10mm Fantasy on Facebook gave me these, yours? Looks amazing and very well in line with GWs! Maybe a bit worried if its resin? :slight_smile:

Hashut:

Nope, those aren�?Tt mine… but maybe I don�?Tt need to get these commissioned now. Those look great!

Are they available for purchase?

Edit: a bit light on hats though, and I�?Tm not sure I�?Td want a whole army of multi-part resin in 10mm

tjub:

Nope, those aren�?Tt mine... but maybe I don�?Tt need to get these commissioned now. Those look great!

Are they available for purchase?

Edit: a bit light on hats though, and I�?Tm not sure I�?Td want a whole army of multi-part resin in 10mm

Hashut
Ah, ok! Go on and make your version of them anyway, the more the better! And as you say, I agree on the hats. A Chaos Dwarf hat should be atleast 1/3 of the model! :hat off
On a serious note, if they are resin I think they will break alot. And I play a lot of 15mm, but even in that scale I prefer single casts since it can be a bit fiddly. Wouldn't dream of doing that for 10mm. :P

So of course you should do your own Evil Dwarfs! I just got curious and had a look.

Btw, maybe we have a sticky thread somewhere of whats available in different scales. But if not we should, given there are now 6mm, 10mm, 15mm, 28mm Evil Dwarfs on CDO. :D

Abecedar:

My clumsy fingers have trouble with multi part models in 28 mm let alone anything smaller

Carcearion:

blargh… 10mm multi-part resin??? No thanks, please do press on for some big hatted single part metal 10mm Chaos Dwarves.

cornixt:

Looks like only a few models are multi-part, the standard and what could be war machine crew or command models. It’s not really clear.

HPN:

Crap, that lammasu looks great!

Anyway, nice project, go on with your version!

Grimstonefire:

I’m sure I remember seeing a guy who had designed on a computer some of the FW warmachines in 10mm scale.

Anyone else remember this?

tjub:

I'm sure I remember seeing a guy who had designed on a computer some of the FW warmachines in 10mm scale.

Anyone else remember this?

Grimstonefire
Japp! Not sure where that project ended though...

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/archive/index.php/thread-13475.html

Hashut:

Huh. Well he got them cast, maybe they didn�?Tt appear on the store for IP reasons?

Fantastic figs, shame they�?Tre not available.