[Archive] [12-23-2008] Theory_Man works in pogress

Kera foehunter:

i like the guy with the long chaos axe. So are you going to do a unit of them they would be so cool

Willmark:

Seems to look more like a halberd more than anything else, based on scale that is.

Theory_Man:

Chaos Dwarfs with hat hero

[attachment=278]

My robotic slaves

[attachment=279]

[attachment=280]

[attachment=281]

[attachment=282]

Knight Of Awsome:

lol…i love your creativity with stuff you can find around the house oh and cool slaves.

Kera foehunter:

Those are cute .Slaves that do what you tell them . How do they hold up against the whip!!!

Canix:

Lol they are great robot slaves,simple and amusing i want some:hat off

They are robbie the robot like:hat

Theory_Man:

GHIV has come and gone, and congrats to the winner al-hashut. I would also like to thank all the people that voted for me or gave me some form of kudos for my entry.

Anyways, the new project that I’m working on is making some warrior type robots based off of the robotic slaves I have already made.

[attachment=337]

As you can see in the design, I’m planing on adding double handed weapons, cloaks, plumes, and shoulder pads. I’m also going to paint on eyes. I’m also going to base them of 25mm bases.

I’m planning on making 40 of them (2 units of 20, full command).
I’m going to count them as Chaos warriors in a Chaos mortal list (I’m also going to use the Chaos Dwarfs I converted so far in Chaos Chariots and a DOW dwarfs crossbow unit plus I’m going to make a dwarf hero and dwarf sorcerer that I will simply count as a chaos mortal hero and a chaos sorcerer). I’m going to wait till the new army book for chaos mortals comes out before I make my army list.

dancehat:

Those slaves are awesome. Makes one think of Sonic the hedgehog abit. Now all you need is a big guy in a flying in circular craft.

cool stuff :cheers

-Dancehat

Theory_Man:

Sorry to disappoint anyone, another concept. This one is a beast with a beast and a howdah (with chaos dwarfs in the howdah). Maybe if I can get some extra funds (over the summer perhaps), I will start work on this project.

[attachment=352]

Here are the links to the original model and rules if you are interested.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/chaosbeast.htm

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/pdf/warhammerchaosbeast.pdf

I’m going to post some rules for this idea later on.

Pyro Stick:

I dont think its the best of choice for a howdah bearing beast. Its just not that Chaos Dwarfy. I cant imagine it roaming around the dark lands. But with a dark paint job to better reflect its environment it just might work. Forge World is expensive so make sure you know what you are doing.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Well I can imagine this could look really cool. I trust you would use some sort of “count as” rules to field it? What would it be, then?

From a design point-of view it might look better if you make the howdah a little smaller, so that it does not dominate the creature that much. Something with a smaller base but more than one level, maybe? :slight_smile:

Theory_Man:

So my robots are being placed on hold for bit. I have to finish off my Wargod army for historicon (late July).

I wanted to show you guys and gals here instead of making a new thread.

To Do list.

26 Asar Warriors

1 Chariot

9 Anubi

22 Khemru

Done

Group Shot

Harbinger of Isis

Asar Priest of Isis

Asar Hero

Khemru Master of Words

Lord Darkash:

The robots are very “B” movie which i love, and i wonder why i have not seen a game based on B-movie aliens invading the earth, that would be awesome!

Kera foehunter:

T-man great paint job on the War God figures

Theory_Man:

Robots

This will be my last post.

Bassman:

This will be my last post.

Theory_Man
this is scaring! What do you mean for last post? :P

Quit to play?
Nice robots, I like them so much. As already stated they would be nice for a B-movie's alien invasion!!

Kera foehunter:

T-man love um!!! i love the robot hope you have a lot of batterys but what do you put on your Christmas tree???

Theory_Man:

So I came across some bigger/cool Christmas Lights, so I came up with a rough tripod design…

Overall I think the prototype came out well, I think it needs a few more bolts or wires as It stands now, it feels incomplete.

Kera foehunter:

Sweet a champion of the robots!!!

* Kera make note watch out for T-man when putting christmass lights away*