[Archive] 1500 Competitive

Dwemer:

There are no limits on cheese here due to the nature of my opponents. Any advice would be appreciated for a 1500 singles tourney:

Heroes

Castallan w/ bsb, Mask of the Furnace

Hobgobkhan w/wolf, light armour, shield

Lords

Sorc. Proph w/Enchanted shiel, lv 4 , lore of hashut, talisman of pres.

Core

Infernal Guard x 28 w/ full command, banner of eternal flame

Special

Magma cannon

Rare

K’daai destroyer

OR my mostly shooting list:

Lords

None

Heroes

Daemonsmith w/ lv 2, dispell, ench shield, lore hashut??

Castallan, w/bsb, mask furnace, shield

Core

InfernalGuard x 22 w/ blunderbuss, full command

Special

Magma cannon x3

Rare

Hell cannon

1391 gives points to play with for maybe a khan or extra deamonsmith.

Yes, they are not friendly lists i know. My opponents will be varied and do not hold back on the cheese.

Thanks in advance

adolrak:

Level 2 wizards can not use Hashut sadly, take fire if youre going shooty, or metal. High armor save stuff will prolly give u trouble.

In your first list I would take the movement banner over the flaming banner, you already have a magma cannon for flaming attacks, flaming baner can get u in trouble vs characters. Also maybe put a charmed shield on your hob, will protect him from war machines, but against regular arrows hes kinda boned :confused: Im asuming hes there to redirect.

Your shooty list you could use the extra points for a small unit of gobbos with bows. They might make a good redirector and or speed bump. Just ideas. I like the first list alot more personally, shooty armies tend to fall appart against vamps/tomb kings/lore of life

Dwemer:

Thanks Adolrak, i will take the flaming point into consideration. At this points level i feel shooting is all my eggs in one basket. Going to tweak and rework the combat list