[Archive] 1500 List for next week

ross_lionheart:

:hat This is my 1500 Point army list for next saturday, I’m going to be playing dwarves…I’ve decided to leave magic out of my army, I think against dwarves it will be rather ineffective considering they are resistant to magic…

All Comments welcome…

1,500 Point Chaos Dwarf Army List:

Characters:

1 Bull Centaur Hero @ 134 Points

- Armour of Gazrakh

- Great Weapon

- Leads the Unit of 11 Wolf riders

Chaos Dwarf Hero (General) @ 104 Points

- Heavy armour, enchanted shield and sword of might

- Leads the Unit of 24 Chaos Dwarf Warriors

Core Units:

24 Chaos Dwarf warriors @ 246 Points

- Hand Weapons, Heavy Armor and shields

- Champion, Standard and musician

15 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses @ 180 Points

- Blunderbusses

- Heavy Armor

15 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses @ 180 Points

- Blunderbusses

- Heavy Armor

11 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders @ 173 Points

- Light Armor

- Shields

- champion, standard and musician

Special Units:

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers @ 60 Points

- 4 hobgoblin crewmembers armed with hand weapons.

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers @ 60 Points

- 4 hobgoblin crewmembers armed with hand weapons.

20 Orcs Big Un’s @248 Points

- Light Armour and 2 Choppas

- Champion, Standard and musician

Rare Units:

1 Earthshaker (1)…110 points

Total Points: 1495 Points

metro_gnome:

itz a slick list…
remeber that your general cannot use HW/shield combo when using a magic sword…
so this guy has a 3+ save in and out of combat…
i also think you have paid too much for this sword… it only costs 20… should be 94 for the hero…
evaluate if you really need it… the 2+ AS would be better imho…

i like the rest of the list… one thing you may consider is dropping the Big 'Uns champ…
the champion upgrade is truely great on regular boyz… but the big 'un upgrade gives you most of the stat increases…
so paying another 15 points for +1A also requires some evaluation…

the points saved from the champ, sword and the left over 5 could get a unit for 25 nekkid hobbies…

Xander:

I tend to agree with Metro about the armour save. Plus, a throw away Hobgoblin unit is always great to have. They are dirt cheap and can really help with combat resolution.

Otherwise, the list is top notch. Very similar to what I am building.

Metro, what sort of Orc unit do you normally run? Big’uns or no? HW&S, or 2HWs?

metro_gnome:

me?
well i field 25 vanilla boyz w/command… its not the most efficient combo…
but quite frankly when it comes to boyz i cannot find a bad combo… well except anything with sprears…
if i see anyone with spears in their list i shall tell them where to shove them…
spear used to be alright on a more defensive unit… but now that choppas are deliviering their bonus when you have been charged… there is no need…

I field Vanilla boyz for 3 reasons (in order of importance):
1) thass the models i got…
and its a shame too cause they did have 2 choppas… and i sliced one off evey model…
i do have some shields lying around… but they are gobbo shields and barely cover orcs fists in some instances…
2) fluff…
spending any extra points on my slaves makes me feel dirty…
3) tactically they are useful as a swing unit…
when you start putting stuff on your boyz you have really alotted them a job…
but with vanilla boyz you dont really mind if they are defensive (they did come with light armor and T4)…
or offensive due their S4 and M4… heck at 5 points a model i dont really mind using them as a screen…
something that their large base makes them quite good at… T4 and LA dont hurt…

but the most cost efficient use is regular boyz with shields… for an extra point a model you get a 4+ save in CC…
this makes your T4 model very sturdy… and far more sturdy than he should be for 6 points…
the only sketchy thing about this set up… is that this is something our dwarves are doing anyway…
i’d reccomend shield boyz as an anvil to anyone playing O&G… but we have to take some dwarfs anyway…
and they are harder… have better leadership… and do not suffer from animosity…
so shield boyz have to fight for the role… in our list… still their cost makes them very attractive…

when you put additional choppas on your boyz you’ve really assigned them an offensive role…
and at 7 point a model they do it very well… 11 S4 attacks in the first round…
lotsa attacks something lacking in the core units… nothing is truely offensive… and their M4 gives them an edge…
in a way the use of choppas really justifies the special slot… which is a problem some people have with boyz…
their only real flaw is competition for the role… they now compete with sneaky gitz…
and no matter what way you slice it sneaky gitz are value…
2 pointz less with poisoned attacks generally makes up for the lack of strength and armor…

when you wander up into the realm of Big 'Uns the comparisons change again…
they are now delivering the S5 hitz of GW dwarfs for the same price as shield dwarfs…
Big Un shield boyz hit as hard and offer a better save in CC than the GW dwarfs… and cost one point less…
and at the same cost as your GW dwarfs… Biguns with additional HWs will deliver twice as many S5 hitz…
of course Leadership and animosity are factors to consider… but so is M3 vs M4 on this decidely offensive units…

and i wont even get started on ArrerBoyz…
there are no bad boyz in 7th ed… new choppa rules are golden…
how you equipt them is really up to you… there is value in all combos (not involving spears)…

qwe50:

i agree most “cost efficient” is regular boyz with shields, but i think Big’uns with shields is a better choise for CD because they are better off than dwarfs.

in my O&G army i play with 2 x 25 orc boyz with shields. I have tryed it but don’t like additional choppas, u go from a 4+ to a 6+ save and because of there low I it’s makes a big difrence.

ross_lionheart:

:hat I have 2 games on thursday, both are against Dwarfs!

:hat offI’ll let everyone know how things go!