[Archive] 1500 Point List (version 2)

ross_lionheart:

:hat

This is the same type of list as version one with some small changes.��The Earthshaker cannon has been removed as the rare choice and replaced with 9 Bull Cents with FCMD. The second unit of 15 blunderbusses has been removed to free points up for a new character and the new rare choice.

This list wont be effective against magic heavy armies, its been designed to face off against dwarves.��If you face off against magic heavy armies replace the hobgoblin hero with a level one/two sorcerer with 2 dispell scrolls and allow the BC Hero lead the 11 Wolfriders.

1,500 Point Chaos Dwarf Army List:

Characters:��

Chaos Dwarf Hero (General) @ 84 Points

-��Heavy armour, enchanted shield hand weapon��

-��Leads the Unit of 24 Chaos Dwarf Warriors

1 Bull Centaur Hero @ 134 Points

-��Armour of Gazrakh

-��Great Weapon

-��Leads the Unit of 9 Bull Centaurs

Hobgoblin Hero on Wolf @ 78 Points

- Sword Of Might

- Heavy Armour

- Shield

- Lead the unit of 11 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders

Core Units:

24 Chaos Dwarf warriors @ 246 Points

- Hand Weapons, Heavy Armor and shields

- Champion, Standard and musician

16 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses @ 192 Points

- Blunderbusses

- Heavy Armor

11 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders @ 173 Points

- Light Armor

- Shields

- champion, standard and musician

Special Units:

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers @ 60 Points

- 4 hobgoblin crewmembers armed with hand weapons.

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers @ 60 Points

- 4 hobgoblin crewmembers armed with hand weapons.

20 Orcs Big Un’s @248 Points

- Light Armour and 2 Choppas

- Champion, Standard and musician

Rare Units:

9 Bull Centaurs @ 219 Points

- Hand Weapons, Heavy Armour & Shields

-��Champion & Standard

Total Points:��1494 Points

Xander:

I thought the reason for having the BC Hero with your Hobgob wolfies was for the Leadership. Hobgob Heroes have a Ld7… a far cry from BC Hero’s LD 9.

I say drop the Hobgob Hero. Move the BC Hero back to the Wolfies, and buy another BC for your unit.

Yaghnu Nigamwamp:

I thought the reason for having the BC Hero with your Hobgob wolfies was for the Leadership.��Hobgob Heroes have a Ld7... a far cry from BC Hero's LD 9.

I say drop the Hobgob Hero.��Move the BC Hero back to the Wolfies, and buy another BC for your unit.

Xander
Nah. Not against Dwarfs.

The only time the Wolfboyz will need Leadership is panic from shooting(Ld10 if near General), and rally (Ld8). Against a Fear-causing army, yes, the BCH is the way to go, but for this match-up I like the Hobgoblin Hero. Three attacks at strength five is perfect for Dwarf warmachine crews and small missle units like Thunderers and Quarrelers.. :hashut

The Bull Centaurs over the Earthshaker is another matter. They just might be less vulnerable to the Dwarf shooting. A great cannon can often kill an earthshaker on turn one.

I like this list; a lot. I think it will work unless the dice say otherwise. :rolleyes:

metro_gnome:

well thats the way this unit comes… ive tried to get him to drop a wolfboy… to no avail…

its certainly got speed on itz side…
its amazing what you can do when you are not concerned with magic defense at all…

as for the list… you’ve paid too much for your hero… he only costs 74…
drop a BB… 15 is better than 16…
and consider that Big 'Un champ drop… maybe the BC champ as well…
for a unit of 25 nekkid hobbies… get the feeling im pushing you in a certain direction :slight_smile: