[Archive] 1500p Ravening Hordes

Golder Goldeater:

After I decided which of the two chaos dwarf lists fits my miniature collection, I decided to make a Ravening Hordes 1500p list.

After some thinking, I am between these two lists;

BSB 125p

Armour of Gazrakh, Seed of Rebirth

Sorcerer 125p

LVL 2, Dispell Scroll

20 Chaos Dwarf Warriors 250p

FC, Great Weapons

18 Chaos Dwarf Warriors 218p

Banner, Musician, Great Weapons

50 Hobgoblins 130p

Full Command

50 Hobgoblins 120p

Banner, Musician

6 Bull Centaurs 156p

Champion, Musician

8 Black Orcs 106p

Musician

Earth Shaker 110p

Death Rocket 80

Death Rocket 80

TOTAL POINTS;125+125+250+218+130+120+156+106+110+80+80=1500p

//--------------OR--------------//

Sorcerer Lord 295p

LVL 4, Talisman of Preservation, Dispell Scroll

BSB 125p

Armour of Gazrakh, Seed of Rebirth

20 Chaos Dwarf Warriors 250p

Full Command, Great Weapons

18 Chaos Dwarf Warriors 218p

Banner, Musician, Great Weapons

50 Hobgoblins 120p

Banner, Musician

50 Hobgoblins 120p

Banner, Musician

8 Black Orcs 106p

Musician

6 Bull Centaurs 156p

Champion, Musician

Earth Shaker 110p

TOTAL POINTS;295+125+250+218+120+120+106+156+110=1500p

Both of them rely on outnumbering my enemies and flanking them with the BCs and the Orcs,

while the ES is there mainly to deal with enemy warmachines and slow the enemy down.

So which one should I go with? Also any advice is highly apreciated.

:hat off

Bolg:

I’d go for option 2 and I would take Shadow magic (great at boosting your damage outake and Miasma (-D3 move) and Eartshaker are a great combo.

I know its expensive but you might consider combining the 2 units of CD in a horde (or this is something you could experiment with if these are your painted models.

I understand you want to play those hobgoblins as tarpits (and they do very well as log as they are within genral BSB range) but if you face WS3 S3 T3 opponents (and have shadow maginc) you could play one as a horde as well if you cast minus D3 T, WS/I/M or S they start doing a lot of damage.

What are your centaurs equipped with? I’d go for heavy armour and additional hand weapon than they have a save of 4 and 3 S4 attack each and are great at flanking or hunting warmachines. if you only take a musician they are even cheaper and work just as well.

Oh and I like that you have 2 Death rockers and only one Earthshaker (:

Have fun.

Golder Goldeater:

Thanks for the responce!
The bull centaurs have banner, Musician and are equiped with HA and Great Weapons,
but swaping them for additional HW wouldn’t be much trouble.
I just thought that S6 attacks are better.

As for the warriors, I am going to field them in units of 20 for now, for more flexibility (well as much flexible as dwarfs can get).
But I will later try fielding them as a center-keeping horde (3 hordes in a 1500p sounds awesome)

PS; 2 points hobgoblins for the win!

Bolg:

Giving the banner of swiftness to one of the units gives you more flexibility and it already helped me make a few charges that otherwise would have failed (:

As attachment a 1500 point list I used for a few friendly games and a tournament. works pretty good all round and quite similar to your list.

And yes 2pnt Hobgobs are awesome!

Golder Goldeater:

Sorry, Bolg, but I can’t read your file . I think it’s broken, or my Adobe Reader is antiquated :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyway, I made some slight modifications to add some more punch (and character) to my force.

In other words, I swaped the Orcs for Black Orcs!

Gabbo:

Good to see still some ppl plays RH list! I usually play 2500 pts so don’t have many exp on 1500 since 8ed.

I’d choose also 2nd list, but you should increase BO to 20+, taking points from CD and leaving one 25 minitaure unit. 8 miniature unit can easily fall in shooting or magic phase. I like cheap meatshiled HG units! In this edition our magic is not powerful compared to HE, LM, DE, etc… so lvl2 with dispel scroll and some protection should be enough (if you know your enemies and their styles then is different). On the other hand a lvl3 sorc lord can be a good T5, 3W general. I want to try shadow so I recommend it although until know I’ve used mainly metal and works fine.

I’ll pray Hashut for your victories!