[Archive] 1600 Tournament List (LoA)

draeth187:

There is a 7 game tournament coming up here soon and I have decided to start a CD army for it. I always play MSU lists. In fact, I despise large units of things. Comments are welcome on my list below.

Demonsmith - 160

Charmed Shield, Dispel Scroll

Dark Castellan - 160

BSB, Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone.

12 Infernal Guard - 216

Blunderbusses

12 Infernal Guard - 190

Great Weapons, Standard.

11 Infernal Guard - 175

Great Weapons, Standard.

19 Infernal Guard - 250

Standard, Champion.

4 Bull Centaurs - 200

Great Weapons.

Deathshrieker - 100

Magma Cannon - 145

Total - 1596

Plan is to have the Demonsmith with the Blunderbusses and 2 Warmachines on one flank, a large gap in the middle of the table and the rest of the army on the other flank. By my reckoning, the blunderbusses will take more then the usual “archer killer” chaff to take out. People will either have to go for one part of my army or the other…hopefully.

Thoughts?

propervillanz:

First off kudos for going Detroyerless :hat off.

I kinda think you should go for at least one more unit of blunderbusses to ensure you get the number of shots you want.

Try to find the points to make a least one of your war machines hell bound and put another in there. I will make your opponents really think of target priority the more you have on the field and ensure better shooting phases.

MLP:

Plan is to have the Demonsmith with the Blunderbusses and 2 Warmachines on one flank, a large gap in the middle of the table and the rest of the army on the other flank. By my reckoning, the blunderbusses will take more then the usual "archer killer" chaff to take out. People will either have to go for one part of my army or the other...hopefully.

draeth187
Problem with that tactic is that they can then send their whole army to only half of yours and wipe it out while he other half sits pretty helpless. Being an elite army the Chaos Dwarfs need to make the most of their units and can't have any not earning their pay!

Good to see a MSU list though, they're not used often here. Possibly because it doesn't work so well with Chaos Dwarfs, I don't know.

I would say that a unit of 12 Blunderbusses probably isn't enough. Although you could get 36 shots, you may also get 12. With no reroll to wound because of low numbers it is quite risky considering you'e only likely to get one or two rounds of shooting in the game. Blunderbusses need to be taken in units of 20+ to mitigate the risks of rolling a low number of shots.

I think you'd be better with two blocks of around twenty standard infernal guard and two smaller blocks wih great weapons for flank charges/protection.

I would also try to stick at least a musician on the Bull Centaurs. And maybe a standard with the Gleaming Pennant, they can occasionally flee unexpencantly on Ld8 especially when you're used to the rest of your army on Ld9 rerolling.