[Archive] 1750 List for this week

ross_lionheart:

:0 This is my 1750 List for this week against the Empire, all comments welcome! :cheers

Oh one quick question, since my bull cent hero is wearing armour of the furnace does that mean hes immune to all spells…Is this the best equipment to give him or should I use something else??

1,750 Point Chaos Dwarf Army List:

Characters:

1 Slave Master (General) @ 94 Points

- Armour of Gazrakh

- Great Weapon

- Leads the Unit of 24 CD Warriors

1 Chaos Dwarf Fire Priest @ 115 Points

- 2 x Dispel Scroll

- Level 1

- Leads the Unit of 24 CD Warriors

Bull Centaur Hero @ 149 Points

- Armour of the Furnace & Great Weapon

- Lead the unit of 10 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders

Core Units:

24 Chaos Dwarf warriors @ 246 Points

- Hand Weapons, Heavy Armour and shields

- FCMD

24 Chaos Dwarf warriors @ 246 Points

- Hand Weapons, Heavy Armour and shields

- FCMD

15 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses @ 180 Points

- Blunderbusses & Heavy Armour

20 Hobgoblins (Disposable Unit) @ 40 Points

- Hand Weapons

20 Hobgoblins (Disposable Unit) @ 40 Points

- Hand Weapons

11 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders (Support Unit) @ 140 Points

- Light Armour, Shields & Hand Weapons

- Musician & Champion

Special Units:

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers @ 60 Points

- 4 hobgoblin crewmembers armed with hand weapons.

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers @ 60 Points

- 4 hobgoblin crewmembers armed with hand weapons.

20 Orcs Big Un’s @ 221 Points

- Light Armour and 2 Choppas

- Standard & Musician

- Banner of Slavery @ 50 Points

Rare Units:

1 Earthshaker Cannon @ 110 Points

- 3 Chaos Dwarf Crew armed with Hand Weapons & Heavy Armour

AGPO:

I would question the logic of taking a BC hero in this list at all really. I only take them if I need something to lead a unit of bull centaurs and give them some added punch. Puting him with the wolfboyz is a waste of both units’ potential - the hobbos lose their 9" move and can’t move as fast cavalry, and the hero is in a unit which isn’t really kitted out for close combat.

If you do want to take the two together (and there is something to be said for sticking a really tough hero in a unit with unit strength 24!) make sure your wolfboyz have a banner. Hobbo wolfboyz suffer from not having spears like their common brethren, so you really want lots of them (a full rank - poss. two, plus a banner, and a massive unit strength, plus the attacks of the goblins, wolves and bull centaur hero should beat all but the biggest, hardest units) The higher US, 2 ranks and banner gives you combat resolution 4 before you start killing, and that move means you should get the charge. Even so, I’d still go for a hobbo hero on a wolf and spend the extra points on more wolf riders.

Hope this helps

ross_lionheart:

Personally I feel that the Bull Centaur Hero adds a presence to the hobgoblin unit…��Most if not all players when being presented with a unit of hobgoblins won’t think twice about charging them, but when they are accompanied by a Bull Centaur character they normally think twice.��

Even though the Bull Centaur restricts the movement of the hobgoblins by one, I believe that the advantages of him being in the unit outweigh the disadvantages.��For one he increases the unit’s leadership from 6 to 9 and increases their hand to hand combat potential.��Having an additional four strength 6 or possibly strength seven attacks makes the unit very formidable indeed.��Alongside his attacks the hobgoblin wolf riders that I think of as a support unit has 11 strength 3 attacks and in most cases the ability to outnumber in close combat.

This makes the regiment very deadly flankers indeed and there is no doubt that my opponent will attempt to shoot this unit to pieces knowing the threat that they present to his flanks and his expensive artillery.

metro_gnome:

the hobbos lose their 9" move and can't move as fast cavalry, and the hero is in a unit which isn't really kitted out for close combat.

AGPO
this is incorrect... the wolfboyz remain a fast cav unit even when a character joins them...
wolfboyz with 4+ save is indeed kitted out for combat...
and you should never take a standard on a hobby unit...

but i do agree about your hobbie hero on wolf with enchanted shield and sword of might might be a better choice...
use the remaing points to get your hobbies up to 25 US...
I might think twice about the banner of slavery... tho i dont know what to replace it with...

ross_lionheart:

but i do agree about your hobbie hero on wolf with enchanted shield and sword of might might be a better choice...
I might think twice about the banner of slavery... tho i dont know what to replace it with...
Personally I think that the BC hero is a better option for the unit. Eventhough the Hobgoblin hero is less expensive, I feel that the BC Hero additional attack and higher leadership makes up for his high points value.

I also think that the banner of slavery is worth its points value. Especailly in my army, considering that I use quite alot of greenskins..In my previous battle it saved me on more than one occassion..

ross_lionheart:

the hobbos lose their 9" move and can't move as fast cavalry, and the hero is in a unit which isn't really kitted out for close combat.

AGPO
this is incorrect... the wolfboyz remain a fast cav unit even when a character joins them...
wolfboyz with 4+ save is indeed kitted out for combat...
and you should never take a standard on a hobby unit...

metro_gnome
Metro, If I replaced my BC Hero with a hobgoblin hero it would allow me to increase my hobgoblin foot troops to 25 models each..

I could also replace the banner of slavery with another unit of 25 hobgoblins:D

That would mean in total I would have: :hat
75 hobgoblin foot troops
12 wolfriders including hobgoblin hero
4 hobgoblin bolt throwers

Now thats a meat shield :)

Xander:

A very decent list. Melikes. :slight_smile:

AGPO:

Have the fast cavalry rules changed since 6th edition then? As far as I know the rule still applies that ALL models in the unit need to have the same special rule for movement or deployment or none of them can use it. Thesame applies for units setting up as scouts. The hobbos do

get 11 attacks but overall I think that this unit is too expensive to be a light flanking unit and not tough enough to do the job of heavy cavalry. I.e. too expensive for a suicide mission, but not hard enough to survive the jobs for which you want fast cavalry. 4+ save isn’t really enough as it means any S4 units (and there are far more than you expect) will kill two models for every three wounds enflicted (which as hobbos are so weedy may well be a few.) These losses aren’t really sustainable for a unit of 12. I really like the suggestion of swapping the BS for a hobbo hero and increasing your numbers. Big blocks of infantry with fast fanking units are always the way to go. I just think the BS hero is a BIG target for victory points in that unit. Mind you, I can’t say I’m a fan of BS characters at the best of times.

metro_gnome:

hobgoblin heroes do not… nor have they ever… had the “fast cavalry” rule…
any hero may join a unit of fast cavalry and move as they do… but does not benefit from itz shooting rules…

in fact i’d perefer it if they did lose fast cav… wolfboyz with rank bonus could be very helpful indeed…
especially considering our absurd minimum unit size… but alas it is not so…