Lvl2 sorcerer, 1scroll

24 Chaos dwarf warriors + banner/warbanner
15 Blunderbusses, stb
15 Blunderbusses, stb

10 hobgoblin archers
10 hobgoblin archers
23 hobgoblin light armour, hand weapon and shield, stb
23 hobgoblin light armour, hand weapon and shield, stb
10 hobgoblin wolf riders light armour and shield (if no other redirecting units are within earshot, or to pop behind the enemy)

10 black orcs, shield, standard, banner of slavery
2 bolt throwers
2 bolt throwers

5 bull centaurs

@Ubertechie: edited list, just read rulepack and its 100 vp for the most banners captured, not 100 each so i figured i might as well up the hobgoblins
(won’t use them naked as they do perform well with a 4+ save vs lots of stuff - now they can go hth with a block of horrors :p)
(also I only have 10 additional chaos dwarf warriors :p, so an additional unit is out of the question)

Ubertechie:

A unit of black orcs that big is a huge investment in points and they will draw a huge amount of fire-power / magic - I only ever use them as a flanking unit of 6 with shields and nothing else.
With the points saved if you went to naked hobgoblin warriors as well you could get in another unit of dwarf warriors. Also i would add standards to the blunderbusses - it makes them a lot moreresilient in combat and means that your opponent will need to deal with them with a fully ranked or heavy cavalry unit as anything else will bounce off of them

Maul:

A unit of black orcs that big is a huge investment in points and they will draw a huge amount of fire-power / magic - I only ever use them as a flanking unit of 6 with shields and nothing else.

Ubertechie
Agreed. I will take them in units of 13 with a bullcentaur BSB, but that is pretty rare.
I think you would be happier with with 25 chaos dwarves with full command. That will save you something like 130 points (enough for wolfriders).
With the points saved if you went to naked hobgoblin warriors as well you could get in another unit of dwarf warriors. Also i would add standards to the blunderbusses - it makes them a lot moreresilient in combat and means that your opponent will need to deal with them with a fully ranked or heavy cavalry unit as anything else will bounce off of them

Ubertechie
I usually musicians with the blunderbusses and large blocks of hobgoblins. You might take the armor and shield off one unit of hobgoblins saving 50 points. Take that 50 points and bump the unit to 30 models (I have always liked that size 6x5) for 10 points. Grab a 10 man naked hobgoblin unit to claim a corner and force your opponent to go deal with it for 20 points, then gut yourself some musicians for you blunderbusses for 20 points.

If I am playing one here and no BSB I usually go armor of Gaz at 30 points and a great weapon. The hero comes in at 94 points. If you can come up with he full 140 points you can take those wolf riders with shields, light armor, and a musician.

Border Reiver:

Looking at the list, I wouldn’t give a small unit of BOs a banner, and especially not a magical banner. Give the magical banner to one of your blunderbuss units and keep it close to the BOs instead.

I find that small units with a banner attract the enemy heavy cavalry seeking easy VPs. I would take out the banner accordingly.

TLTG:

Are you playing specific rules for banners outside of the Warhammer rules? In a standard game you get 100 for each banner, and I’d be surprised if someone changed that. I would definitely drop the banners on the hobgoblin units. That’s just handing your opponent free victory points unless the rules have been edited by your tournament organizer.

Also, black orcs can’t take magical banners. I wouldn’t take a magical banner there anyway, as they’re no more survivable than chaos dwarf warriors and have low enough static combat resolution that running after a combat isn’t unlikely.

BilboBaggins:

Annoy everyone and not take any banners.

grupax:

apparantly there’s a rule for the tournament that gives 100 points for most table quarters,and 100 points for most banners captured instead of for each one seperatly.

Alan the evil:

even if warhammer format with this kind of rules about standard could exist, i should not put standard in a unit with few ranks (like a unit of 10 BO I.E.): if I want a solid unit who can stand on HtH combat I like to field it with full ranks and command group.

And I don’t like mainly in animose units because of the possibilty that they can fail test when they must to change front to protect other units remaining at the mercy of the enemy loosing ranks and making quite useless the standard…

even in this hypothetical format, if you have a lots of standards you can esily loose it’s quite like playing with the idea to give 100 free points to the opponent…

Also, at the same cost, I prefear 2 units of naked hobbos then one with armour and shields even because I want to be sure that a single failed animosity test doesn’t waste my plans: 2 failed animosity test it’s more unlikely than one!!

BilboBaggins:

Also, at the same cost, I prefear 2 units of naked hobbos then one with armour and shields even because I want to be sure that a single failed animosity test doesn't waste my plans: 2 failed animosity test it's more unlikely than one!!

Alan the evil
Obviously you never seen me rolling for animosity. :o

Lately they's been breaking the line by running forward D6 when I want them to stay put.

The worse I ever say was in a tournament, my game was over so I was watching the O&G player. He had 4 units lined up and all failed their animosity rolls 2 could have slammed the flank of his opponent.