[Archive] 1951 Chevy model kit - for a change of topic!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Hi everyone!

This is what I’ve been up to lately. We are going to introduce slot car racing to our store and I’ve been converting old junk model kits into slot cars.

Have you ever wondered what to do with those old model car projects that you don’t want to throw away, but they are damaged through time, full of broken or missing pieces, or otherwise just plain garbage?

Maybe these models were ones you built as a kid, obtained from a friend, or something rare that you saved from the dump?

Whatever the case may be, here’s a great way to turn a wreck into an award winning Slot Car Champion!

In the first part of our series, we will concentrate on some basic model car body work techniques and show you how to turn a junk box klunker into a 1960’s era Gasser.

Enjoy the show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GksTrWnfSqg

G.2:

There is a guy at work who really loves his slot cars, but I have never heard him mentioning that he builds his own. I was always under the impression that you had to use dedicated slot cars. I look forward to watching your YouTube clip.

Good luck with the slot car set-up.

Bolg:

Lol! Its like pimp my ride but with toy cars.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Thanx guys! @ G.2.- There’s a lot of engineering and thinking in converting something that wasn’t suppose to be built this way. The body work is easy - just make sure that you’re not hitting the wheel wells with the tires. The hard part was installing the electric engine and pick-up pads on a frame that wasn’t intended for it. (That’s for another video though).