[Archive] 1st CD army, converting my old dwarfs

Shizzle_McHigh_Nizzle:

Hi! im new to the forum but from what ive seen so far theres some real talent on show here.

as the title says im using my old dwarf army to base my new chaos dwarf army. Having only really played 40k as space wolves (lurrrrve the fluff and a awesome melee army) my friend suggested i play dwarfs because of similar fluff, after playin a few games as dwarfs i was enjoying it but felt my models had little character (except slayer) and then i saw the chaos dwarf rules AND this forum.

So my old dwarf army was some BFSK models aswell as a few boxes of other things.

step 1. im converting my old quarrelers into blunderbusses using some of the ideas i saw on this forum.

step 2. already made some standard bearers from just playin around with chaos and dwarf sprues.

step 3. (need youre help with rly :sad ) colour sceme. i thought dark purples trim and dark metal for the chain ect. but that sceme could clash with the golden rule of my army. ALL GINGERS!!! like my wolves, anyone know a sceme that matches GINGER BEARDS?

xbullzx:

sounds cool. but i have no idear on what your colour sceme could be , why not just test out some colours on a figure and see what looks best.

Canix:

I think they would look good see page 3 of Bas2312 thread for ginger beards that look cool:hat

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/7509

Shizzle_McHigh_Nizzle:

cool ginger beard in that link, sadly im rubbish with green stuff when it comes to stuff like beards :sad i only really use green stuff for patching things up

Shizzle_McHigh_Nizzle:

well guys, ive decided on a colour sceme that i feel works with ginger beards :smiley: ill try get a picture up but my camera sucks it never focuses on the actual dwarf.

Also i used some of my friends models and some of my unconverted dwarfs this weekend in a 1k battle that matches the list in put in the army list in this forum, i was against high elves.

my hobbos held out awesome against the swordmasters which i was impressed with my CD hero was pretty close so the ld10 won me the game, they were able to hold the swordmasters in place till my dwarfs came in with the GWs, admitidly i had around 30 hobbos at the start of the combat and ended with 3 but they sure are great meat shields :slight_smile:

ill try get some pics up soon of my progress and the sceme ive chosen

Kera foehunter:

so there all related .or is a chaos ginger beard cult??

Shizzle_McHigh_Nizzle:

lol inbred chaos dwarfs xD

nah there just all ginger because of…errr…a chaos mutation that makes there beards ginger instead of curly :~

2 birds with 1 stone :hat off

Willmark:

Blogs without pictures are like hot dogs without mustard, or for the Brits: Fish without chips. In other words get some pictures in this thing.

Shizzle_McHigh_Nizzle:

Blogs without pictures are like hot dogs without mustard, or for the Brits: Fish without chips. In other words get some pictures in this thing.

Willmark
lol i hate battered fish, spam ftw.

anyway i'd love to put come pictures on here but my digi cam just CANT focus on the dwarfs :mad

these are the closest thing i can offer you until the weekend when ill have access to a better camera, i had to take these pics using my phone camera :~ which still had trouble focusing.

encase the pic is really that bad, its ginger beard, red gloves and half red trim, half black trim, grey toned flesh, rusted metal wep and chain. (i used the miner just for testing scemes)

Shizzle_McHigh_Nizzle:

ive attempted to take pics of my commands for my cd squads (with my mobile again :mad ) and the models i had undercoated before i dicided to go chaos just look like blobs of black.

sorry if you think the pics are a little zoomed out but i was trying to get the cam to pick up some more quality

1st command squad. ill probably trim down the wedge that supports the second part of the standard or just green stuff it so its more of a cone.

played around a little making this champ, think he looks fun :slight_smile:

old musician, new blunderbuss

still lacks a champion and the beard could be better on the standard bearer, and suggestions welcome on what to do to my musician.

annoyingly enouph the models in the background have better quality :~

but this is what my blunderbusses are gunna look like, he dosent actually hav the shield on his back its from my previous army.

all comments and criticizes welcome, just get em in fast before i start painted em :sick

Kera foehunter:

sweet they even have a car to get to battle faster!!

cool blunderbuss

furrie:

from what I can see it looks good

asheira:

here’s a tip.

take the pictures of the modles a little farther away i can see the back modles better than the close up ones

turquois dwarf:

sadly im rubbish with green stuff when it comes to stuff like beards :sad i only really use green stuff for patching things up

Shizzle_McHigh_Nizzle
what?!!!!! that beard in one of your pictures looks realy good