10x Infernal Guard - 170

Fireglaives

24x Infernal Guard - 320

FC

6x K’daai Fireborn - 340

Manburner

Magma Cannon - 145

Deathshriek Rocket Launcher - 100

This is based largely upon those that I have seen already posted and upon the fact that these are the figures readily available.

This is my first list and so imagine I will be hitting a large learning curve with the army as CD are nothing like my other armies. (Beastmen and O&G)

MLP:

As you’re using only readily available models I’ll keep suggestions in that vein. So no “get a destroyer!” Comment!

You’ve got 24 Infernal guard in a unit so I’m asuming you’ll place your BSB in there and have your prophet on his own somewhere (unit of 26 would annoy me!) If this is what you’re doing I would suggest keeping your prophet in the unit as he’s pretty survivable and not too shoddy in combat. Also some lore of ashut spells are better up close.

If you are set on using fireglaives I would combine the two 10 man units and put your BSB here. Have a long frontage for shooting and still be good in combat with another big block of troops. As you’re Stubborn it doesn’t matter if you lose the first round of combat then just reforem how you like.

Khans are alright but I don’t think you need two in this list, just one should be enough.

I’d try and find points to get a hell cannon, it’ll be a solid anchor on a flank of even in the centre if you’re defending. Maybe lose a Khan and the deathshrieker for one as they are awesome!

Hope this has helped and welcome to CDO.

MatNotBarlow:

Thanks for the reply.

I was expecting the K’daai to be slated first off as I’ve not seen them in anyones list., it’s always the centaurs.

I’m not against the idea of dropping another guard to even up the the unit to 25 (with prophet and bsb). The reason I had the fireglaive unit in 2 seperate units was for more of a ‘meta’ reason. There are an increasing amount of MSU armies floating about (same for the khan to be honest). As for the Hellcannon I’ll see what I can do.

I’ve currently just got the characters and k’daai on order.

As I said in the intro’s thread for a while I’ll mostly be using proxies and playing on UniversalBattle.

MLP:

Thanks for the reply.
I was expecting the K'daai to be slated first off as I've not seen them in anyones list., it's always the centaurs.
I'm not against the idea of dropping another guard to even up the the unit to 25 (with prophet and bsb). The reason I had the fireglaive unit in 2 seperate units was for more of a 'meta' reason. There are an increasing amount of MSU armies floating about (same for the khan to be honest). As for the Hellcannon I'll see what I can do.
I've currently just got the characters and k'daai on order.
As I said in the intro's thread for a while I'll mostly be using proxies and playing on UniversalBattle.

MatNotBarlow
Sounds fair enough, just be careful with 10 man units I don't find they work too well in a chaos dwarf army.

I think the main reason many people use bull centaurs at the moment is because the models are available or owned already by the oldies. The Kdaii would have to be proxies or conversions.

In game fireborn and bull centaurs fill a similar role just that bulls are tougher and Kdaii are better at killing stuff.

nilbog:

Fireborn are excellent at killing stuff, whereas bull centaurs are excellent at not dying.

I expect we’ll see a few more lists with fireborn in now the models are out.

MatNotBarlow:

So I’ve listened to all of your advice thus far and altered the list as such:

Sorcerer Prophet - 365

HASHUT

Lv4

Mask of the Furnace

Daemonsmith - 95

METAL

Lv1

Castellan - 180

BSB

Enchanted Shield

Talisman of Preservation

Hobgoblin Khan - 56

LA, Shield, Wolf

18x Infernals - 316

Fireglaives

Musician

23x Infernals - 276

Musician

Overseer

6x K’daai Fireborn - 340

Manburner

Magman Cannon - 145

Hellcannon - 205

MLP:

I like the look of this list better. One thing I would say is to keep an eye on your Fireborn, It’ll be easy to let them get ahead of your battle line and they’ll be stranded. Make wise use of them and use you’re Khan to block units to get them in the right place.

It might be worth reconsidering the command options in your Infernals. Musicians are okay but Standard bearers would be better, it could be worth dropping a guy for more command.

There’s not much give in your list points-wise for any changes. It might be worth trimming down your magic items, give the Prophet the Talisman of Preservation and keep the Castellan with just an enchanted shield, or give him the 5+ ward.

You’ll want both your Infernal units in combat to make the most of them so it could be worth getting crown of command on the prophet for two stubborn blocks.

A better looking list but there’s lots to consider!