[Archive] 2000 Point All-Comers List

Nemo:

Well I’ve finally got all the models to complete my 2000pts of Chaos Dwarfs and allow me to battle with them…:cheers

…but I have to paint them:~

Anyway. I am planning to take my CDs along to my local GW store soon as the other CD player (only just started with them) is giving us a bad name as a cheesy army. Because of this I have tried to make a balanced list with not too much shooting.

Here goes:

Chaos Dwarf Lord:*

Armour of Gazrakh, Great Weapon

156pts

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer**

Level 2, Dispel Scroll

125pts

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer***

Level 2, Dispel Scroll

125pts

17 Chaos Dwarf Warriors*

Great Axes, Full Command

217pts

19 Warriors**

Full Command

201pts

19 Warriors***

Full Command

201pts

15 Chaos Dwarf Warriors

Blunderbusses

180pts

15 Chaos Dwarf Warriors

Blunderbusses

180pts

28 Hobgoblins

56pts

28 Hobgoblins

56pts

Death Rocket

80pts

Death Rocket

80pts

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers

60pts

5 Bull Centaurs

Full Command, Heavy Armour, Warbanner

175pts

Earthshaker

110pts

2002pts.

The tactics for this list are to advance under a hail of fire from the ES, DRs and BTs to get into a tactical position. The Hobgob mobs will advance to soak up shooting and get charged. They will then flee through the Dwarfs, who will counter charge the stranded units. Meanwhile the BCs will run round the back causing havoc mage/war machine hunting then return for some juicy rear charge action.

The Death Rockets are in there (despite being worse and more expensive than BTs) beacause they add to the fun factor of the game and are (IMO) good against horde armies.

Thoughts?

:cheers

Nemo

metro_gnome:

your lord is easily avoided… consider a faster lord (taurus or BC)… or a S lord instead…

im not sure there is enough green in this list for the banner of slavery…

your BB units should be bigger… 15 at least… 18 is better…

too many rockets…

Uzkul Werit:

Although your Lord can be avoided, it’s no big thing. Seeing as you’re trying to make a fairer list than your mates, the recultance to take a flying monster is understandable. Out of interest what is this other CD army like?

First off, I’d drop both the Banner of Slavery and the Lords Gauntlets to up both Mages to Lv2. The Gauntlets aren’t bad but you always run the risk of hurting your own men. Death Rockets are fun. Kudos on taking them. I’d drop one however and buy six more Blunderbussmen and add three to each unit.

Nemo:

Out of interest what is this other CD army like?

Uzkul Werit
Well the army I saw yesterday was only small but he had 3 units of 10 Blunderbussers (why not 2 units of 15?!?!?!?), an earthshaker, a death rocket and a large group of warriors with a hero. The Chaos Army he was facing were decimated by the blunderbussers, it didn't look a very fun game.
First off, I'd drop both the Banner of Slavery and the Lords Gauntlets to up both Mages to Lv2. The Gauntlets aren't bad but you always run the risk of hurting your own men. Death Rockets are fun. Kudos on taking them. I'd drop one however and buy six more Blunderbussmen and add three to each unit.

Uzkul Werit
I forgot to put that both the Sorcs were Level 2, thats changed. I also dropped the Banner of Slavery and Gauntlets to get in 6 more BBs.

Also the other reason I don't have a Lord of GT is that the model may take a while to put together (my own conversion from a Minotaur) and it's not high on my priorities yet.

Cheers for all the advice, I have edited the list and this is now my current list.

Nemo[/quote]

Uzkul Werit:

Three units of ten won’t do nothing to nobody. Unless he was fighting elves, of course.

torn:

well you get the same amount of hits from 10 men units as you do 15. suppose 15 gives you more of an advantage against tougher opponents.

i can see small 10 man groups being good against horde armies with low toughness like goblins.

Nemo:

It seemed pretty effective, especially when he blasted the crazily outnumbered Chaos Warriors with multiple units.

Any more comments on the updated list?

Nemo