[Archive] 2000 points Tamurkhan List

thrawn:

wanna start chaos dwarves, they are so expensive wanna discuss 2000 points before i start buying forge-gold.

LVL 2 Deamonsmith

LVL 2 Deamonsmith

Castellan BSB

Khan

on wolf

Khan

on wolf

50 Hobgoblins

std. ms. sheilds

28 Oathsworn

std. mus. flaming banner

Magma Cannon

Death Shrieker

Death Shrieker

K’Dai Destroyer

Idea is pretty basic. Hammer with artillery, use khans as warmachine killer and re-directors. try to get him stuck in with my oathsworn and gobbos, then flank with destroyer.

ideas? suggestions?

Thommy H:

Yeah, I suggest you put this in the Tactics forum :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

thrawn:

Yeah, I suggest you put this in the Tactics forum ;P

Thommy H
Ooops! sorry, your right!

thrawn:

2000 points Tamurkhan List

wanna start chaos dwarves, they are so expensive wanna discuss 2000 points before i start buying forge-gold.

LVL 2 Deamonsmith

LVL 2 Deamonsmith

Castellan BSB

Khan

on wolf

Khan

on wolf

50 Hobgoblins

std. ms. sheilds

28 Oathsworn

std. mus. flaming banner

Magma Cannon

Death Shrieker

Death Shrieker

K’Dai Destroyer

Idea is pretty basic. Hammer with artillery, use khans as warmachine killer and re-directors. try to get him stuck in with my oathsworn and gobbos, then flank with destroyer.

ideas? suggestions?

maded12:

In my oppinion if you really want to go the artillery route GO the artillery route. You only have 3 cannons to do your shooting… Also giving your hobgoblins bows can give you a bit more reach.

What I’m going to say next may sound weird but get rid of the destroyer if you want to bombard. Your goal is to sit back and shoot the crap out of the enemy. The destroyer only really shines if he goes forward. If you drop it get 2 more cannons and an extra smith you’ll have a lot more shooting power. Or get 1 more cannon and 1 extra battalion of solid infantery.

Nicodemus:

Thread moved… and changed the title to reflect the points cost. You can’t do much of anything with a 200pt LoA list :wink:

Nicodemus:

And now merged too…

thrawn:

@ Nicodemus, Thanks!

@ maded, don’t want to go all shooting, doesn’t create for a very fun game. rather have something balanced, know what i mean?

i can go all shooting, but if i want to do that i’d rather go empire, i think point for point they are the better shooting army. especially because i think chaos dwarfs will struggle with destroying other artillery. we have no cannons, so how will you get your opponents cannons?

ChungEssence:

The rockets with their strength 8 are for taking out warmachines/monsters. Not ideal I know.

For Oathsworn? Are you talking about the Ironsworn or just the standard Infernal guard? Looking at your list i’d say it has to be plain IG or I can’t see how you’d meet your core requirements?

Eitherway I think it’s worth putting the champ upgrade in there so you can minimise the impact of hero’s they have and potentially protect your Castellan better.

If they only have HW/Shields (IG, not Ironsworn) I don’t really think the flaming banner is worth it unless you plan on using it for a theme/modelling. The reason for this is they only have 1 strength 4 attack each and you already have the Destroyer for regen negating. This also means that is something (say dragon princes) that is resistant to fire comes along they can pretty much laugh at your 2 fighty killy things (big block and destroyer)

What items are you considering giving your guys?

thrawn:

so as maded suggested i’m thinking of another list, tell me if there’s any glaring weaknesses

LVL 3

Dispell Scroll, Potion of Healing, Magic helm (forgot name 10 opints)

BSB

Enchanted Sheild, Dawn Stone, 4+ Ward Talisman

Castellan

65 Magic armour in CD list (forgot name), Cheap 5 point magic weapon, Sheild

Khan on Wolf

LA, Spear, Sheild of Ptolos

60 Hobgoblins

Std, Mus. Hand weapons and Sheilds

15 Infernal Guard

FC, Flaming Standard

3 K’Dai

1x Death Shrieker

2x Dreadquake

Ogre upgrade

The idea here is to hammer my opponent with Shrieker and 2 Dreadquakes. Once he gets in, the Castellans will charge out and along with horde of goblins tie him up. whilst he stuck there, i’ll attempt to flank him with infernal guard and k’dai.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I expect you’ll find 15 models in your Infernal Guard unit will disappear far to quickly to be useful. And I think 60 Hobgoblins are going to give up so much combat resolution that you’ll lose any encounter with the enemy. One failed Toughness test and you’re K’daai Fireborn will also be severely crippled. In short, I don’t think your list will work. Sorry =(

Grimbold Blackhammer

thrawn:

should i swap my fireborn for more infernal gaurd?

i want a good competitive list, but still fun to play. like i said, forge-gold models are really expensive so i wanna make sure i get my list right before i start buying.

should i go heavy shooting? is two dreadquakes good? or sould i go fighty and take a destroyer?

nilbog:

At 2000 points, you can have a nice balanced list with some shooting, some close combat and some magic. Starting point is this:

Sorcerer-prophet, level 4 using either lore of death or hashut

Infernal castellan to carry the battle standard

Equip them as you want, but both can have a 2+ armour save and 4+ ward save. You can also add a daemonsmith (level 1 with either lore of metal or fire) to help the reliability of your warmachines. There’s no point in having any other characters, especially castellens, they won’t add much.

Next up is core choices. With chaos dwarfs, you want to spend the minimum you can on core, as it is not cost effective; our special and rare choices are generally much better. I recommend:

28 infernal guard, full command, lichebone pennant (or other magic banner)

20 hobgoblins, full command, bows

A nice reasonable sized block if infernals; mine have never given up any victory points. With MR1 from the banner, you also get a 4+ ward save against spells from the lore of metal. Both the sorcerer prophet and the infernal castellan go in this unit. 20 hobbos is a small unit, but at least it can shoot stuff or get in the way; who cares if they all die anyway?

Special choices next; this is where it starts to get interesting. The most warmachine common set-up is:

Deathshrieker

Deathshrieker

Magma cannon

This gives you a big S3 template and a S8 shot (or two of either) plus the gift from Hashut that is the magma cannon. Just take one, they’re ace.

Leaving special choices and going to rare choices, I’ll just say one thing:

K’daai Destroyer

These are brilliant. Plus it’s an excellent opportunity to make you’re own model, or convert. Mine’s made from a toy bull. If you find it overpowered, you can drop it later.

You’ll probably still have some points left over after this, so look next at bull centaurs or k’daai fireburners. Bull centaurs can be used from 3 models upwards, whereas you need at least 6 fireborn to absorb losses from toughness tests. Avoid wolf riders, they’re too random. I wouldn’t take a dreadquake as it is too unreliable, plus the model is very expensive. If you want more shooting, get a hellcannon (but wait for the finecast one).

dromar:

What are you talking about “oathsworn”? Infernal guards?

What is the lore of your demonsmith?

No hell cannon? Seems it’s gonna be finecast, it would be nice!

WF isn’t the only way to build a chaos dwarf army, chek it up!

http://lesgueulards.easyforum.fr/t3742-proxy-nains-du-chaos

My own army is made at 98% with proxys…

nilbog:

You can certainly proxy, but if you want forgeworld models, here is a shopping list:

Daemonsmiths

Infernal guard command

3 infernal guard sets with hand weapon and shield

2 deathshriekers

Magma cannon

Arcane frogs (this is to make the total to £252 then you get free shipping)

Add some night goblins for hobgoblins and a suitable model for the destroyer (I used this: toy bull) and your set.

thrawn:

ya that sounds good, that’s what i’m starting to lean towards as well.

i’m thinking of using the 40K soul grinder as my k’dai destroyer. with the exception of the art, showing it as a bull, the written gives no reference to it looking like a bull. instead it’s a daemon bound to a metal machine, the epitome of chaos dwarf workmanship/magic. what better to represent that then a daemon trapped in a giant robotic body?!? i think it’s great, plus because it’s a GW model you can still use it at GW tournaments!

thrawn:

thanks for the link dromar, i am going to seriously consider those.