[Archive] 2000 pts for no comp tourny

Nurion:

So, i’m going to this large tournament in Norway next month and i’m wondering which list to bring.

There is allmost no comp. Only comp is rare choices that cost 170 points or more is 0-1.

At the moment i’m currently considering two completly different lists. One beeing a warmachine liste with k’daai punch. It can deal a huge amount of dmg, but I fear it will be blown to pieces by fast armies like deamons and ogres.

The other army is designed not to die, and still give alot of punch. Main threat will be lore of metal and lore of shadow (I tests is a big threat no matter what with CD). Comments and tips on improvements would be greatly appriciated! Thanks!

List 1:

Sorcerer-Prophet, lvl4, Enchanted Shield, Earthing Rod, Crown of Command, Dawnstone, Lore of Death - 390 Pts.

Daemonsmith Sorcerer, lvl2, Charmed Shield, Scroll, Lore of Metall - 160 Pts.

Hobgoblin Khan, shield, LA, Giant Wolf, Ruby Ring - 81 pts

Hobgoblin Khan, shield, LA, Giant Wolf, Dragon Helm, Warrior Bane - 71 Pts.

Hobgoblin Khan, shield, LA, Tormentor Sword, Dragonbane Gem, Giant Wolf - 66 Pts.

25 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, mus, st. bearer, gleaming pennat - 325 Pts.

20 Hobgoblin Cutthroates, add. hw - 90 Pts.

20 Hobgoblin Cutthroates, Bow - 100 Pts.

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher - 100 Pts.

Magma Cannon - 145 Pts.

Magma Cannon - 145 Pts.

K’daii Destroyer - 325 Pts.

Total: 1998 pts

List 2:

Prophet, lvl 4, lore of metal, enchanted shield, talisman of preservation, dispel scroll - 375 pts

Taur’ruk, black shard armour, great weapon, dawnstone, dragonhelm, the other trickster’s shard - 235 pts

Castellan, BSB, great weapon, mask of the furnace - 200 pts

32 Infernal guard, Great weapon, musician, st. bearer, banner of swiftness - 515 pts

3x Bull centaur, great weapon, full cmd - 175 pts

3x Bull centaur, great weapon, full cmd - 175 pts

K’daai Destroyer - 325 pts

Total: 2000 pts.

Nurion:

So, i tested list to today vs. Dark Elf.

In the end i won 13-7 only loosing one BC unit, using ETC scoring.

Thoughts after the battle:

My taur’ruk didn’t do much, and my BC didn’t last long vs withering + r.crossbows :stuck_out_tongue:
Lore of Metal was great! Searing doom killed 10 cold one knights after 3 magic rounds, enchanted blades and transmutation can make my IG hit on 2+, wound on 2+ giving -4 on AS.
All my units cause fear or terror which is great.
This list is realy hard to get points from since you have to kill the whole unit to get any VP’s from it in the tournament.
Most enemies don’t want to face any of my units, unless they have acess to lore of shadow.
My IG horde killed 17 dark elfs in one round of combat with the help of transmutation.

I’m considering theese changes:
Prophet, lvl 4, lore of metal, enchanted shield, talisman of preservation, dispel scroll - 375 pts

Castellan, BSB, great weapon, mask of the furnace - 200 pts

31x Infernal guard, Great weapon, musician, st. bearer, banner of swiftness - 500 pts

4x Bull centaur, great weapon, full cmd, war banner - 260 pts
Skullcracker, hellbound - 340 pts

The BC would act as a “body guard” to the skullcracker just to make sure it gets into combat where it can make use of it’s thunderstomp. Still not sure if i should take the hellbound upgrade for the skullcracker. If i don’t take it I would add one BC, luckstone on BSB and ironcurse icon on prophet and dropp two IG + warbanner. Hellbound would make the Skullcracker able to take 3 canonballs, but without it it will only be able to take 2 (on average). I’m allso liking the lore of metal! Glittering Scale would make my IG have 1+ save, final transmutation is great in the tournament since we don’t use ETC restrictions for spells and searing doom tears appart knight busses (which i’m guessing there will be alot of with the new WoC units tempting players to play WoC).

Groznit Goregut:

Thanks for writing how it went! I’m trying to come up with a 2000 pt list, too, but haven’t had much of a chance to play too many games. I’d give advice, but it’s not worth too much. :smiley:

Why take the Great Weapon on the BSB? Aren’t you worried for his protection?

Interesting to think of Lore of Metal. I’m not used to anything than the Waaagh lores, so they are all new to me. I thought people on here said always take Lore of Hashut? You like Metal, though?

Nurion:

2000 pts lists is not easy to make with Chaos Dwarf. All units are pricy, so you have to make sacrefices.

I took GW on him simply to make him “fit” with the fluff of the army :stuck_out_tongue: He got 3+ 4++ and 2++ vs flaming the way he is with GW. With lore of metal i allso have access to glittering scale which gives them scaly skin 5+. And that will make all my IG and BSB have 1+ save :slight_smile: Allso, he usualy strikes last with I3, so why not make it a S6 hit instead of a S4 hit? :stuck_out_tongue:

Not many people use lore of metal. Atleast not where i live. Most players use lore of shadow, death or life unless they have access to some other army specific lore that’s better. Lore of Hashut is good, but in my army i dont think that i would be able to fully benefit from it. I mean Ash storm is great no matter what, so is the signature spell with the horde of GW dwarfs, but the other spells isn’t that usefull in this list. I allso think that people will bring alot of heavy armoured units to the tournament, which makes searing doom realy usefull!

Nurion:

This ended up beeing my list for the tournament. Currently there are 72 people attending and it’s going to be the largest Warhammer Fantasy tournament in Norway since GT in 2004! :slight_smile: The tournament is beeing held 19-20th January and I will probably post some results after the event.

Castellan, BSB, great weapon, mask of the furnace, luckstone, ironcurse icon - 210 pts

31x Infernal guard, Great weapon, musician, st. bearer, banner of swiftness - 500 pts

4x Bull centaur, great weapon, shield, full cmd, gleaming pennat - 250 pts

Skullcracker, hellbound - 340 pts

I tested this list vs high elf a few days ago and it went rather good. I had him tabled by the end of my 5th round. His list wasn’t particulary strong though, since he didn’t have any redirectors and allso lacked a BSB. I pointed this out to him before the battle and offered him to atleast change his noble into a BSB, but he wanted to try the list he brought with him. He had something like this:

Lvl 4 with shadow, with the item that ends magic fase and dispels all remains in play spells

Lvl 2 with high magic, with the item that works like a dispel scroll but will destroy the spell that was cast on 4+

Noble with 2+ AS and great weapon

14 archers

36 spearmen, full cmd

18 white lions, full cmd

34 phoenix guard, full cmd

This is something my list realy loves to meet, especialy when he didn’t roll mindrazor on his lvl 4. Since this was a practice game, and i could see the outcome of the game in round 2 when my BC charged his archers with both mages in and ran them off the board, i decided to test the strenght of my 31 IG horde and sent them in vs. the phoenix guard. He ended up rolling very poor on his ward saves, and despite the fact that he killed 7 IG he lost first round of combat and failed his steadfast roll. Normaly i wouldn’t have sent in all those IG with the phoenix guard at full strenght, but i had the skullcracker set up to flankcharge them next round and i was pretty sure that he wouldn’t kill my BSB :slight_smile: His white lions never managed to do a single wound with the bull centaurs dancing around them so he never got to charge. The skullcracker finished them off with a glorious 16 inch charge. K’daai made short work of his spearmen.