[Archive] 2000pt Chaos Dwarfs help

Gilzam:

I have played with this army many times but I have a horrible track record ha, I will win some day! So before I turn my proxy models into the real greenstuff things Id like some advice on changing it etc…

Heros

Fizzgraper the Torch 310pts

Sorcerer Lord - Level 4 (Fire)

Black Gem of Gnar

Chalice of Darkness

Gilzam the Terrible 111pts

Chaos Dwarf Hero

H.W, Shield, HA, Black Hammer of Hashut

Bargutz the Daemonic Engineer 150pts

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Level 2 (Metal)

2x Dispell Scrolls

Angar the Daemonic manipulator 125pts

Chaos Dwarf Sorcecer - Level 2 (Shadow)

1x Dispell Scroll

Core

25x CD Warriors (HW,HA,Shield)Full Command,Banner Of Slavery 305pts

14x CD Blunderbuss (BB,HA) Full Command 198pts

15x CD Blunderbuss (BB,HA) Full Command 210pts

10x CD Warriors (GW,HA) Full Command, War Banner 165pts

Special

30x Goblin Slaves (Spears) Champ, Musician 110pts

1x Death Rocket 80pts

2x B.Throwers 60pts

Rare

10x Duellists(Nipponese Ninjas)(AHW,Throwing Stars)Champion(Ninja Dwarf!) 100pts

10 Power Dice

6 Dispell Dice

Thats 1924pts

Any idea what I could use to get that little bit extra to 2000 and anything you would perhaps change? Cheers!

Edit - Put Fizzgrapers points on twice!

Uzkul Werit:

Right. Drop the Chalice and use your extra points for one Earthshaker. The Chalice is handy but you have enough scrolls and dispel dice to ignore most magic anyway. You’ll have about 15 points left here. Give the War Banner to the larger Chaos Dwarf unit and ditch the Banner of Slavery. You don’t have enough Greenskins to make it worth taking. Use the combination of the Banner of Slavery’s points and the points from the small Warrior unit (which won’t be doing too much in such a small unit) for ten Wolfboyz with Light Armour, Shield, Champion and Muscian. This should leave you with 30 points roughly. Spend this on some naked Hobgoblins to act as a meatshield for that large Warrior unit.

The Goblin Slaves seem a little pointless but they could come in handy.

cornixt:

Armour of Gazrahk on your hero, drop both magic banners and increase the CD unit with great weapons. The goblin unit is pretty overpriced in our army, I’m assuming you already have the models. I’d split it into two of 15 and call them naked HGs. Given your shooty nature, an Earthshaker is a must.

wallacer:

You might want to stick fire on the level 2 and Shadow on the level 4.

Unseen lurker is a great spell (and it will be easier for him to get it) and the low level fire spells are alright, so you may as well just let the level 2 wizard bang them off instead of big boy.

And for the love of Hashut, take an Earthshaker, man:exclamation:

Uzkul Werit:

He could put the Armour of Gazrakh on the Hero but he’d end up going overpoints.

As for which magic lores to take, I’d say let the game decide. If Skaven take Fire etc. But I’d only ever use Lore of Shadow every now and then. They have some good spells yes but why have just Pit of Shades and Unseen Lurker as the two only useful spells when Death, Fire and Metal are much more handy.

cornixt:

He could put the Armour of Gazrakh on the Hero but he'd end up going overpoints.

Uzkul Werit
Ah yes, drop the black hammer for a great weapon so you can take the armour. (needless to say, but I will anyway) drop the shield and HA.

Gilzam:

Ok, Thanks for the feedback, heres my revised armylist taking some pointers, but i like the set up for my lores of magic but for a side help Ill tell you my usual opponents armies and see if you can tell me things I can add and remove to help against them.

Wood Elf (Based around flyers and Skaw the falconer, great eagles and warhawks)

Skaven (Eshin and Pestilins)

Dwarfs (Bit of everything)

Vampire Counts (Blood Dragon on Zombie Dragon and Necro caddy dude)

Heros

Fizzgraper the Torch 260pts

Sorcerer Lord - Level 4 (Fire)

Black Gem of Gnar

Gilzam the Terrible 94pts

Chaos Dwarf Hero

H.W, G.W, Armour of Gazrakh

Bargutz the Daemonic Engineer 150pts

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Level 2 (Metal)

2x Dispell Scrolls

Angar the Daemonic manipulator 125pts

Chaos Dwarf Sorcecer - Level 2 (Shadow)

1x Dispell Scroll

Core

25x CD Warriors (HW,HA,Shield)Full Command,War Banner 280pts

14x CD Blunderbuss (BB,HA) Full Command 198pts

15x CD Blunderbuss (BB,HA) Full Command 210pts

10x Hobbo Wolfriders (HW,LA,Shield) Musician 140pts

15x Hobgoblins (HW) 30pts

10x Hobgoblins (HW) 20pts

Special

30x Goblin Slaves (Spears) Champ, Musician 110pts (unhealthy love for pinstriped uniforms and the pick on someone smaller theory)

1x Death Rocket 80pts

2x B.Throwers 60pts

10x Sneaky Gits (AHW) 50pts

Rare

10x Duellists(Nipponese Ninjas)(AHW,Throwing Stars)Champion(Ninja Dwarf!) 100pts

1x Earthshaker Cannon (is it ok to use the Hellcannon model for this?) 110pts

10 Power Dice

6 Dispell Dice

Thats 2007pts need to lose 7 pts from somewhere I was thinking the hobbo musician but is that a wise choice if I am baiting and fleeing with them?

minty:

i’d say drop the goblins, there far to expencive for what they can do, and use the points to bump up those blunderbusses to units of 18

hal:

It’s okay to use the Hellcannon to represent the earthshaker.

I just have a quick question, why is it that everybody seems to be choosing their lore as part of their army list? Surely you can just choose whichever lore you want on the day.

Gilzam:

Because Ive modeled my sorcs in those lores. Ill post some images asap. I dont know if I can post greens of them all but im telling you now that my CD sorcerer lord is gobsmackingly good.

Cheers about info about hellcannon, thats the earthshaker done :slight_smile:

RedJetbikesGoFaster:

It's okay to use the Hellcannon to represent the earthshaker.

I just have a quick question, why is it that everybody seems to be choosing their lore as part of their army list? Surely you can just choose whichever lore you want on the day.

hal
@hal

As far as lores being mentioned in the army lists, I always make my list with the idea that Im going in knowing nothing about my opponent except that he probably wont be playing space marines. I try to bring a list that can take on all comers so I tend to stick with a certain lore for the individual model. Plus as our army tends to have lots of nice conversions anyway alot of people take the time to tool-up their Sorcerers and make em look extra cool.