[Archive] 2000pt LoA - How to include fireborn effectively

Grimbold Blackhammer:

My analysis does not take the leadership into account.  My own personal experience is that Stubborn leadership 9 with my BSB re-roll (he’s geared for survival!) versus Stubborn leadership 10 with a re-roll is acceptable.  Others may feel differently.

I should say the only reason I do take a Sorcerer-Prophet is when I also take my Taur’ruk. I run out of Hero points when I do so am forced to bring a Lord =(

Baggronor:

Without a battle lord, we have no way of obtaining leadership 10 without taking a SP.
Unless you take Hobgoblins, Ld is barely even a consideration in this army. Both types of K'Daai, the ID and the Hellcannon all don't care about Ld (as long as the BSB is near the Hellcannon to re-roll failed Rampage rolls, you're good). The only exception is restraining the Destroyer's frenzy but he often won't be in BSB/General range anyway. Everyone else is Ld9 which is good enough.

If you really want Ld10, use the Banner of Discipline on an IG unit and put a Daemonsmith or Castellan general in there.

TheFNG:

My problem with LD9 is the fact that most units I run (3x BCR, any warmachine, and wolf riders) won’t be steadfast will almost always roll a modified break test when necessary. +1 leadership is a big bump to the chances of success in those instances. Anyways, my local meta is packed with horde armies like Skaven, VC, Dark Elves, and the like so maybe it’s just a personal issue of mine.