Hand Weapon, Light Armour, Giant Wolf, Daemon Eyes, Musician
Death Rocket: 90pts
13 Obsidian Guard: 242pts
(Overlord and Slavemaster go in here)
Hand Weapon, Chaos Armour, Shield, Full Command, Banner of Daemonic Tides
Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower: 35pts
Earthshaker Cannon: 100pts

Uzkul Werit
I like it! My standard answer to any list is: Can you take a Hellcannon? If so, take one. I suspect that 2 daemonsmiths may not be worth it, as medium magic goes, and the Earthshaker is not as good as it is in RH. So between those 2, that would get you the points.

Time of Madness:

Actually the 2 daemonsmiths are worth it in my opinion. They add a fair amount of magic defense to the list (5 dispel dice and 2 scrolls).

I like this list, lots of balance.

I think you will find it hard to get the obsidian guard into combat. Most people will try to avoid that unit. The 5+ ward save banner is a nice touch, however I don’t think you will ever get the daemonic tides bound spell off (with limited magic). You’d be better off dropping that banner and taking the hexacon for the champ. This will help you out just a little bit more in the magic defense department when you need to really dispel a spell (gateway etC).

You may struggle a bit on the flanks I think. As the only 2 flanking units you have are the wolf riders. I’d be tempted to drop one of the 14 chaos dwarf warrior units and take another unit of 18 annihilators. I’d then put the daemonsmiths in each annihilator unit (make them 17 strong + the daemonsmith). Some people might have second thoughts trying to charge them with the stand and shoot they’d have to take.

Another thing worth considering is dropping the wolf riders and the bolt thrower all together. This would give you enough points to pick up 2 units of 5 bull centaurs, which I think are a bit better on the flanks then the wolf riders.

Hope this helps.

Time of Madness

Time of Madness:

Further to my above post I took a look at your list a bit more and came up with this. I think it work a bit better then your current list.

Chaos Dwarf Overlord: 223pts

Hand Weapon, shield Hammer of Hashut, Scale Mail of Gazrakh

Chaos Dwarf Slavemaster: 167pts

Hand Weapon, Chaos Armour, Shield, BSB, Black Standard of Zharr Naggrund

Daemonsmith: 162pts

Hand Weapon, Daemon Weapon, Chaos Armour, Shield, 2 Dispel Scrolls

Daemonsmith: 142pts

Hand Weapon, Daemon Weapon, Chaos Armour, Shield, Helm of Azgorh

15 Chaos Dwarf Warriors: 185pts

Full Command, Shields, warbanner

17 Annihilators: 204pts

(Daemonsmith goes in here)

17 Annihilators: 204pts

(Daemonsmith goes in here)

13 Obsidian Guard: 232pts

(Overlord and Slavemaster go in here)

Hand Weapon, Chaos Armour, Shield, Full Command, Hexacon

Death Rocket: 90pts

5 Bull Centaurs: 95pts

Shields

5 Bull Centaurs: 95pts

Shields

2 Earthshakers: 200pts

1999pts
The biggest difference is the lack of eruption guns and chaos armour on the warriors. With T4 and shields they shouldn’t really need the chaos armour anyways.

Time of Madness

Uzkul Werit:

I have played a few games with the list now and I think Iagree on the Eruption Guns. As nice as they are, I have had issues with them. Namely once they’re deployed, they are quite vunerable. They’re easy to charge or shoot and just allow people a chance to get other nearby units. Pity really since I have model done up and everything.

As for the Daemonsmiths, I’ve found them really good at nullifying magic.The extra dispel dice is worth it. The Wolfboyz do their job. Run around, annoy junk. Thats about it. I find they struggle making it to war machines because they’re not hard enough. That last 18 inches is a hard one. I could see the Bull Centaurs being more versital.

As for the Hellcannon, it all comes down to models. I have an Earthshaker rocking and ready to go!

Hmmm. Must try this list on Thrusday. Don’t you think the lose of Chaos Armour on the one Dwarf unit might be a downside? I guess the points for Earthshaker Number 2 have to come from some place.

Bazil:

I think the second list with the single unit of Warriors and 2 units of Annhilators is a bit better have the Warriors flanked by the Annihilators and blast everything away just make things go Boom and your Warriors still have a 3+ save in Close Combat.

I am worried about your Obsidian Guard unit, if you are facing a large magic army like Tzeentch Daemons that unit will be gone in 2 turns. Which will be devestating with your Lord being in that unit as well. Your list looks amazingly balanced which I love to see which I love to see, but unfortunately thats never the type of lists I face haha

Uzkul Werit:

I could do eight Bolt Throwers and two Earthshakers but that’d be no good!

Slacker:

Obsidian Guard have a problem getting into combat without the banner…the problem is, however, that is in a magic light list, you’re never going to get the banner off. I think they work better either in a magic-heavy list or at 3K+, when it’s easier to slip a bound through.

Uzkul Werit:

As nobody takes big infantry blocks in my area, I was thinking about dropping the Death Rocket for five more Immortals and Great Weapons on the Bull Centaurs.

Thoughts?