[Archive] 2000pts Indy list(1)

klemanius:

Lords
Lv 4 High Priest, Hell Armour, Dispell scroll, hexacon of hashut (shadow)

Hobgoblin chieftain-Daemon eyes, light armour, enchanted shield, amulet of hashut, shrieking blade (in rabble unit)

Heroes
Slavemaster-BSB, shield, Banner of Zharr Naggrund (in obsidian guard)

Core
18x Annihilators, shields+FC
17x Annihilators, shields+FC
45xRabble+Taskmaster

Special
20xobsidian guard, GW +FC, Warbanner
2x Spear chukkas
Deathrochet
Deathrocket

Rare
Earthshaker

1998pts

Thoughts?

Micge:

Obsidian guard? My Hashut! Where have they gone?!!!

Otherwise good, but the annihilators arent very good in 8th edition IMO. Maybe a second earthshaker? More warriors? I dont have much experience with the indy list.

furrie:

The range of the annihilators are to short, you can probably shoot only ones and where you’re lucky twice in a game. I would use normal warriors and more spear chukkas. As for another eartshaker, I’m not sure. I’ve tried one eartshaker a couple of weeks ago and it didn’t impress me.

klemanius:

Obsidian guard are in now, oops!

Yeah I have thought about swapping the annihilators out for GW warriors.

Having the shield option helps Annihilators out a lot, and I have gotten lucky with getting mindrazzor off on them lately.

I might swap them out latter when I have the models though.

saurus:

Rabble cannot have any characters join them. So you need to find another role for that Hobgoblin Chiefton.

klemanius:

“Additionally, characters with the Slave Lords special rule may not join a unit of rabble”

Nope still legal to field a hobgob character in a rabble unit, unless you were referring to another rule or an errata.

On another note, I played the army yesterday and won!

It was a slow grinding affair against some lizardmen but I eventually broke through his flank, salamanders are scary.

richard barby:

stick with your guard and the 2 blunderbuss units in 8th there brilliant in 8th units are bigger bigger the unit bigger the mess when you shoot at them work in with it dropping there T so your wound rolls are 2+ (shadow spell). big units knights orges chariots bolt throwers and earthshakers can thin them down

stick the hogboglin iside the guard ( not really a fluff thing to do ) but you can hide the mage from combat 5 wide bsb 3 full command and hobgoblin and you can still cast useing the true line of sight rule