[Archive] 2150pt CD's - no greenskins, will it work?

Time of Madness:

Short intro - New to the site, but not new to chaos dwarves. Haven’t had a chance to check this place out much, but from what I have seen so far I am digging it.

THE GOAL - Create a balance Chaos Dwarf list using no greenskins that will be fun to play and tough as nails.

The general idea here was to include as many T4 models as possible and still pack a little bit of punch (centaurs/war machines).

Anyways here’s the list,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHARACTERS

Chaos Dwarf Hero

- General

- Armour of Furnace (4+save 5+ward)

- Shield and Great Weapon

= 111pts

Chaos Dwarf Hero

- BSB

- Armour of Gazrakh (+1save)

- Sword of Might (+1S)

= 135pts

Bull centaur Hero

- Great Weapon

- Heavy Armour/shield

- Black Gem

= 145pts

Chaos Dwarf Sorceror

- 2 Dispel Scrolls

= 115pts

CORE

24 Chaos Dwarf Warriors

- Hand weapon/shields

- Full command

General here

= 246pts

24 Chaos Dwarf Warriors

- Hand weapon/shields

- Full command

BSB here

= 246pts

24 Chaos Dwarf Warriors

- Full command

- Hand weapon/shields

= 246pts

15 Chaos Dwarf Warriors

- Blunderbuss

= 180pts

15 Chaos Dwarf Warriors

- Blunderbuss

= 180pts

SPECIAL

Death Rocket

= 80pts

Death Rocket

= 80pts

Death Rocket

= 80pts

RARE

Earthshaker

= 110pts

6 Bull Centaurs

- Full command

- Warbanner

- Heavy Armour

Bull centaur hero here

= 196pts

TOTAL POINTS = 2150pts

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The basic idea is to have use the 3 main blocks together towards the middle of the battlefield. They will be supported by the war machines and blundrbuss. I’m hoping my warrior units can act as an anvil for my hard hitting centaur unit. Not sure it will work to great, but it sure is a lot of T4 high armour save models.

Anyone have any suggestions? I thought about taking a lord on taurus just for another hard hitter to go along with the centuars. If I did that though I would have to remove a block of 24 warriors. Suggestions?

Time of Madness

wallacer:

It should work, but against a lot of opponents you’ll be forced to play a denied flank or castle tactic just to stop them outmanoeuvring you.

In other words you’ll be forced to play in a similar way to how a regular Dwarf army is played.

The Death Rockets should help keep you amused though :wink:

(although I suspect you’d be better off with at least some bolt throwers).

Uzkul Werit:

The Black Gem seems out of place on the Bull Centaur Hero. He doesn’t need an idea to protect him combat as he’s pretty hard anyway.

Tallhat:

I love that army. Especially the fact that you have 3 DR and no BT. Its great.

- Tallhat

Dark Haven:

Its got solid troops, but in essence its just a normal Dawi army without relentlesss or gunner’s pride. Cd have a unique advantage with using greeenskins in their army. It actually allows you to go on the offensive and not sit there and shoot people.

Plus, it drastically increases the size of your army and gives you a solid wall of bodies to protect you from the enemy.

Still, 3 DR will make quite a spalsh…

Tallhat:

I just found out that my army has more models in it than my mates who plays orcs :slight_smile: Made me laugh a bit.

- Tallhat