[Archive] [22/03/11] Perturabo's Army Blog (WIP Blunderers)

Perturabo:

Ok, here’s most of what I have so far. I want this blog to be my motivation to get this army properly under way.

I’m far from the best painter/converter in the world, so any constructive criticism you creative types feel you can offer will be much appreciated.

I know I haven’t posted much (or possibly any) of my stuff before, but there have been some major upheavals and other things I’ve had to deal with lately, which have got in the way. Having said that, I now have much more time to work on stuff, as well as a new camera that’s actually worth owning. So, on to the models themselves.

I finally got round to slapping some paint on my Warriors with Great Weapons, and then decided I didn’t like the masks they had. I’m in the process of replacing them with these:

And the whole unit so far:

And also some Blunderbuss CDs:

These are some shots of my Hero, Gharbuz Flayskin. He still needs some tidying up, and I’m not happy with the cloak, but then I did make it quite a while ago.

The beginings of 25 Hobgoblins inspired by (read: stolen from) Tjub. Hope you don’t mind. These guys are made from Common Goblins, with some old Night Goblin and Dwarf bits:

And finally, the first Hobgoblinized member of my bolt thrower crew:

Cheers to Xander for the BfSP conversion vids which inspired me, and for the site itself.

I’m hoping to have some updates done soon. I’m currently stripping the paint from my first HW/SH Warriors in order to bring them in line with the GW guys, who will probably get their beards and gloves re-highlighted (they’re so vain).

Apologies for some of the pics.

Edit: Replaced links with pics.

Willmark:

Sorry I was going to add image tags for but I got to run; I’ll try later tonight.

jolpis:

nice, hate using the maurader skeletal shoulderpad but the rest looks great, ur good at greenstuffing!

the fur on the hero is masterclass

and is that ichigo on your avatar?

Perturabo:

My avatar is Gene Starwind, from Outlaw Star.

The Marauder shoulderpad was a pain to trim down, but I think it works quite well for a character mask.

Do you mean the random patches on his shield? That’s supposed to be ragged bits of skin, but it came out too thick. I could add more, and paint those bits as fur though…

Kera foehunter:

great green stuff ~~ i love the hobgoblins and you have some great beards on your guys !!

i see you share the non painted army like me lol

Perturabo:

great green stuff ~~  i love the hobgoblins and you have some great beards on your guys !!
i see you share the non painted army like me lol

Kera foehunter
Heh, yeah painting isn't exactly my strong suit.

I've got quite a bit of random unfinished stuff I could post pics of once I dig it out. Blorcs and things.

Skink:

Like very much the Hobbos. Very Hobbos:). That crewman looks sad alone, is it going to have a brother anywhere soon?

Perturabo:

He’s got some mates, but they’re naked at the minute. Actually, seeing as I have some time right now, I might as well work on one. :slight_smile:

Edit: Done!

With this guy I tried adding some folds to the skirt of his tunic, as an attempt to blend it into his existing loincloth.

I’ll have to try and get some less blury pics at some point. :frowning:

tjub:

The beginings of 25 Hobgoblins inspired by (read: stolen from) Tjub. Hope you don't mind.

Perturabo
Not in any way, this is the best feedback one can ever get! To be honest Im not that satisfied with mine and IMO yours looks much better. The plan was for mine to have scale mail, but it looked more like padded armour so thats how I painted it. Went with the theme anyway... :)
But yours looks so good it makes me want to redo mine!

As Willmark said, use the tags for pics.

Kera foehunter:

i like your two bolt thower hobos they neat !!

you did well on there skirts

Perturabo:

Not in any way, this is the best feedback one can ever get! To be honest Im not that satisfied with mine and IMO yours looks much better. The plan was for mine to have scale mail, but it looked more like padded armour so thats how I painted it. Went with the theme anyway... :)
But yours looks so good it makes me want to redo mine!

As Willmark said, use the tags for pics.

tjub
Cheers mate. I have trouble with the hats, and I didn't think they looked very good. Maybe we're all our own harshest critic. :hat off

I'll fix that now.

@kera: Thanks! :cheers

Dino:

Very neat work man. I really like how the chaos dwarfs look really great. Keep it up.

Perturabo:

Here’s a couple of WIP shots of my first test-hobbo:

As I said, painting is something I struggle massively with, so don’t expect miracles in this department. Other than the obvious lack of neatness, anything I could do to improve it?

Hmm. Camera seems to be focusing on the background. I’'l try to get some pics in front of a white background at some point.

Kera foehunter:

wow !! great choice in brownish so are you going with a red hood ??

kefas:

Perturabo your gs work is really good especialy on hobgoblins… your conversiors are good too!

tjub:

Looks good, but I think that you should do something with the belts thou.

Perturabo:

Yeah, I’m not sure what to do with the belts. Maybe a darker brown.

I was thinking blue hoods to match the dwarves.

Perturabo:

I’m having some computer trouble, so unless I can steal my brothers laptop there might not be any more pictures for a while.

wallacer:

I think my favourite is the blunderbusses. Those huge muzzles just have “hurt” written all over them.

Loki:

Great looking hobgoblins Perturabo great use of gs on them and the masks of the cd keep it coming :slight_smile: