[Archive] 2250 CD List (ALL ADVICE WELCOME)

ross_lionheart:

Hi,

This is my new 2250 CD army list that I intend to use from now on. As you can see I have decided to avoid using a lord and have opted to use a hero instead to lead the army due to his Ld 10. I’ve equiped him with armour of gazrakh to give him a plus one save and GREAT WEAPON to increase his strength to 6.

However my main concern is my magic as you can see I’m only using 2 level one sorcerers with 2 dispell scrolls each. This should hopefully allow me to shut down most of the dangerous magic whilst my units charge up the battlefield into combat.

Characters:

Chaos Dwarf Hero (General) 94 Pts :hat

Great Weapon

Armour of Gazrakh

Sorcerer @ 115

2 x Dispel magic scrolls

Sorcerer @ 115

2 x Dispel magic scrolls

Hobgoblin Hero 86 Points

- Heavy Armour, Enchanted Shield, Wolf & Sword Of Might

Core:

24 Chaos Dwarf Warriors 246 pts

- hand weapon, shield, heavy armour

- full command

- War Banner. (Plus 1 combat res) + 25 Points

24 Chaos Dwarf Warriors 246 pts

- hand weapon, shield, heavy armour

- full command

15 CD Blunderbuss 180

- Blunderbusses & Heavy armour

25 Hobgoblins 50 pts

- hand weapons

25 Hobgoblins 50 pts

- hand weapons

10 Hobgoblin Wolfboyz 140

Wolves, Light Armor, Shields, Musician

Special:

20 Orc Big Un’s: 246 pts

Choppas; Shields; Light Armour; Full Command.

Bolt Thrower x2 = 60pts

Bolt Thrower x2 = 60pts

Rare:

1 Earthshaker @ 110 Pts

- 3 Crew with Heavy Armour

9 Bull Centaurs: 240 pts

Great Weapons; Shields; Heavy Armour; Champ & Standard;

Bassman:

Nice list! I like it.

Ups: 25 hobgoblins units, I like the number 25. I think it’s perfect!

Big blocks of warriors, good anvils.

Cheap lord. 94 points for a general with ld10 is a bargain.

4 bolt throwers, optimal number.

20 orcs, I use exactly the same setting.

Downs:

Bsb anyone? Have you considered a bull centaur bsb? He is a mobile Bsb that could help you to keep the line where you need the most and a decent hammer.

9 bulls, that’s a fire magnet, everybody will shoot/magick to death those tiny t4 As 4+ bull centaurs.

I’d reduce the unit to get points for a death rocket and/or an hobgoblin bowmen unit. You need more firepower…

Alan the evil:

I like this list…

But, like bassman said, a BSB BC could help you very much!!

Hobbos start with number, ranks and they can use Ld 10 of the general… if they could reroll any combat test thy are pretty undefeatbe! (that’s why I use to equipp them with l/a and shield: 4+ AS in HtH combat…)

I don’t like too much orc because of animosity… I usually prefear a small unit of blak orks: they are effective, cheaper and no animosity for them!!

I don’t know how can perform a big BC unit… I always use them in 5 models unit… I hope you will post how do you feel with them…

I want to suggest you to field some archers: they are good against fast cavalry, the biggest menace to your war machine.

And don’t understimate death rocket!! You can find points for that dropping orcs with BO…

ross_lionheart:

9 bulls, that's a fire magnet, everybody will shoot/magick to death those tiny t4 As 4+ bull centaurs.
I'd reduce the unit to get points for a death rocket and/or an hobgoblin bowmen unit. You need more firepower.....

Bassman
You might be right! I think that the unit of 10 Bull's acts as a fire magnet x.x and with their low armour save they will start to drop like flys. I have a painted death rocket so I might invest in using it instead and drop down the BC unit size to 6 or 7...

Alot of people are against the Death Rockets do you think they are worth the points?

Bassman:

Alot of people are against the Death Rockets do you think they are worth the points?

ross_lionheart
Well, (wish Swissdictator not reading ;) ) the death rocket is a little bit overpriced and spend most of the time not getting its points back BUT I start to field it because:
1) it's funny, I love guess range weapons and scatter weapons.
2) land it on a unit of dwarfs and have fun! It is not a WMD but against armored foes it is useful
3) tactic advantage. It is a good 80 points bait. People tend to not like warmachines and if you place it in a far corner of the battle field you get two result: 1) the enemy ignores it and you're ok. 2) enemy send a fast unit to get, and you got time, those pesty fliers/dark riders/marauders loose two/three turns to get rid of a death rocket and get 80 points instead of flanking your warriors or killing stuff here and there.....

Alan the evil:

I like death rocket because:

1- Ld 9 and it stands more easily for panic and terror test
2- AC 4, T4 and 5+ AS make its handlers more resistent than a BT
3- They don’t panic for hobbos
4- It’s a very reliable stone thrower - better than an ordinary one (beacuse of the hit&misfire rule)
5- In last two games it killed a VC and destroyed a popemobile!!