[Archive] 2250 CD List - knocking off the rust

warweasel:

I am in the process of cleaning up some older models to take on an outing to a GT in late July. I haven’t played my Dawi Zharr in years, so I thought I would run an early draft by you folks for some C&C.

Heros
Chaos Dwarf Lord on Great Taurus (443 pts) - Shield, Armour of the Furnace, Black Hammer of Hashut
Chaos Dwarf Hero (94 Pts) - Great Weapon, Armour of Gazrakh (used as the general)
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer (150 Pts) - Magic Level 2, Staff of Sorcery
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer (150 Pts) - Magic Level 2, 2 Dispell Scrolls

Core
20 Chaos Dwarf Warriors (275 Pts) -Great Weapons, Full Cmd, War Banner
(I know great weapons are not the best choice, but I can’t bring myself to cut up my Big Hats. :()
18 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses (216 Pts)
18 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses (216 Pts)
25 Hobgoblins (110 Pts) - Light Armour, Shield, Musician

Speical
20 Orc Boyz (125 Pts) - Light Armour, Shield, Musician
2 Bolt Throwers (60pts)
Death Rocket (80pts)
Death Rocket (80pts)

Rare
6 Bull Centaurs (126 Pts) - Heavy Armour, Standard
1 Earthshaker (110 Pts)

As of right now, the only thing I will need to pick up will be the Orc Boyz.

Let me know what you think, oh Stone-Footed elders! :hat off

Beastybeastbeats:

I don’t see much fodder. Best thing about us is ability to screen and through away entire units.

My personal alteration would be-

Drop the orcs and grab some naked hobos! units of ten and through them around like trash. OR get real fancy and turn them into hobo’s with bows!

Ancre:

I agree with that. A naked hobgob is 2 points, 20 are 40 points, so with the points of your orcs you can have 3 units of them, which makes enough meat-shield / screen / baiters / sacrificial units / table quarter holders for your needs.

Or you can have 3 units of 10 for the same purpose and try to see if you can scratch enough points for one more rank in your dwarf unit.

Or you can scrap points somewhere else and field two units of ten with your orc unit. I like the idea of having an orc unit, I don’t see many of them around, and it makes you three close combat blocks. But you want the hobgobs too.