23 Hobgoblins @ 46 Pts

24 Hobgoblins @ 48 Pts

1 Death Rocket @ 80 Pts

20 Black Orcs @ 293 Pts

Armed to the Teeth; Command

7 Bull Centaurs @ 185 Pts

Great Weapon; Light Armour; Shield;Command

1 Earthshaker @ 110 Pts

So, I’m not sure about a couple things. First, I don’t know if I want two units of hobgob meatshields (I’m a Skaven player, big fan of non-panic-causing, cheap units), or if I want to take some archers as well.

Second, is 18 a good number for BBs? I figure 6x3 gives me a wide fire zone along with S5. Is my logic faulty at all?

Third, would it be cool to take a unit of DoW ogres as opposed to BCs? Would they be as effective? I’d prolly take 4 ogres with GW and drop the BC hero in favor of another sorc.

Thanks!

qwe50:

Renember that compaired with skaven chaos dwarf is very slow moving e.g you general is very easy avoided - you should e.g take a BC lord or a sorcerer lord.

No BSB ? and no bolts - hobgob bolts are some of the best in our list. Also a unit hobgob wolfs is very good to have.

Xander:

6x3 is great for BBs.

I’d drop the death rocket and take some Bolt Throwers, or at least find room for some BTs! :stuck_out_tongue: Where are your characters sitting? I like to take two units of 17 BBs with a Sorcerer in each one, one unit of Warriors with a Hero as General, and maybe a Lord on a Taurus.

Gauntlets of Bazhrakk the Cruel are painful is he is within a unit. It works much better on the BC Hero, giving him chariot busting Strength 7 with his great weapon, so long as he is not in your BC unit.

the_rat:

Hmm, whenever my O&G friend plays his BTs they never do much, but I guess I could take two with some points left over as opposed to a rocket.

Hobgob wolfs disappoint me. No spears? Eww.

Now that I’ve thought about it those gauntlets do sound like they could cause me some pain. The lord would go in a unit of CDWs, as would the hero. I’d probably place the sorc in with some BBs. BC goes w/BCs. I definitely see how a fighty CD lord would be easily avoided, I usually do the same to my friend’s Dwarfs with my VC and Skaven (too bad he can’t avoid my Vamp). I don’t want to take a sorc lord, I’m coming off of a long time playing VC (no shooting, lots of magic).

Okay, here’s what I think I’ll change after re-thinking it:

Drop lord in favor of hero general w/Sword of Might and Armour of Gazrakh

Add another sorc, make him Lvl 2, give him Power Stone and Dispel Scroll (taking a scroll from the other, so 2 for the army)

Make BC hero naked w/GW

Add 2 BTs

123pts left. I’ve already cleared it with my friends to be able to use Sneaky Gits as skirmishers with minimum size 5+, would they be a good addition? 2x poisoned attacks sound swell.