[Archive] 2250 New Chaos Dwarf Player

Death:

Hey guys, just started converting my CD army. I made a list as a starting point to give me some direction in what i need to convert. Ideally id love to make this a tourny army and hopefully get a good “compostition” score, as i think CD’s are one of the softer armies compared to DLs, VCs and the new Elves. Anyhow here is the list what do you think?

1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer Lord @ 310 Pts

(chalice -d3 opponent dispel dice)

1 Bull Centaur Hero @ 134 Pts

(1+ armor save)

1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

15 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss @ 180 Pts

Blunderbuss; Heavy Armour

15 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss @ 180 Pts

Blunderbuss; Heavy Armour

10 Hobgoblins @ 20 Pts

10 Hobgoblins @ 20 Pts

10 Hobgoblins @ 20 Pts

10 Hobgoblins @ 20 Pts

10 Hobgoblins @ 20 Pts

1 Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower @ 30 Pts

1 Earthshaker @ 110 Pts

4 * Bull Centaurs @ 120 Pts

1 Champion @ [15] Pts

1 Death Rocket @ 80 Pts

19 Chaos Dwarf Warriors @ 210 Pts

Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

1 Champion @ [10] Pts

19 Chaos Dwarf Warriors @ 210 Pts

Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

1 Champion @ [10] Pts

20 Black Orcs @ 298 pts

Full Cmd

I think the army is pretty well rounded. I took alot of things with modelling first in mind. Gaming wise the Warmachines and Magic are my main offensive weapons, with 4 units as cleanup crews. 5 bare hobogolin units to capture table quarters and act as screeners. Personally i dont think the Blunderbuss are that great (fluff and modelling wise i love em!). Expensive and and not very effective against multi wound models (ogres, minotaurs, kroxs). My Magic at 10 dice is good but modest…but combined with a -d3 dispel dice it can be quite nasty. Granted i never played this list. I actually will be giving it a go later tonite.

What do you guys think? Is this a more or less standard build? Also i was thinking of taking bows on the hobgoblins…24" bs3 seems worth it, but then they become 5 pts a pop.

Uzkul Werit:

Are the two Hero Level Sorcerer’s naked? As in no level upgrades etc? The list looks solid enough but you make want to switch the Chalic for 2 Dispel Scrolls. No matter how many dispel dice you have, scrolls always come in handy.

Death:

Are the two Hero Level Sorcerer's naked? As in no level upgrades etc? The list looks solid enough but you make want to switch the Chalic for 2 Dispel Scrolls. No matter how many dispel dice you have, scrolls always come in handy.

Uzkul Werit
Yeah the sorcerers are all upgraded 1 lvl4, 2 lvl 2's. I think i may even have 1 dispel scroll in there. 10 pd, 6 dispel dice. Oh yeah i and i also take that black gem, this way when the lord is in a unit and is challenged/attack ill pull out that sucker, and hopefully win on combat rez.

zagor66:

Good solid army list , great job.

metro_gnome:

well first off your Chalice grabs dice from both dice pools…

so its rarley effective unless you max magic below 2k…

other than that it looks pretty good…

i’d field your hobbies in 2 groups of 25… less likely to panic might even get outnumber…

blorcs will seldom make thier points back… id use them as big uns and use the points saved for another BT…

Canix:

The gnomes not wrong