[Archive] 2250 Tourny Army

Backstabber:

This is my first try making a Chaos Dwarf list, I think it may be a bit bland, but repetiveness is good right?  Tournaments I play in are pretty hardcore .  Here’s the list:

SORCEROR LORD:  Lvl. 4, Dispel Scroll, Power Stone:  275

HERO:  Bsb, Sword of Might, Armor of Gazrakh:  135

SORCEROR:  Lvl. 2, Dispel Scroll, Power Stone:  150

SORCEROR:  Lvl. 2, Dispel Scroll, Power Stone:  150

24 WARRIORS:  Full Command, Warbanner:  271  

24 WARRIORS:  Full Command:  246

17 BLUNDERBUSS:  204

17 BLUNDERBUSS:  204

10 WOLF RIDERS:  Light Armor, Shield:  130

10 HOBGOBLINS:  20

2 BOLT THROWERS:  60

EARTHSHAKER CANNON:  110

EARTHSHAKER CANNON:  110

= 2245

The plan is to spam magic and artillery and counterattack with blocks on whatever is left, hobgoblins are there for screen/redirecters, wolf riders are to guard artillery or hunt other peoples artillery.

Time of Madness:

Ewww ugly magic/shooting list.

This is the style I hate the most, sitting back and spamming missle attacks.

To me the wolf riders seem really out of place for the style of play you are going for.

For the sorceror lord you should look at taking the black gem in case you get into combat.

6 bolters and 2 earthshakers is no fun to play against :frowning:

Time of Madness

Swissdictator:

This list will pack some punch, and the Blunderbuss can do the mass killing needed.

The magic will shut down VC’s attempts to heal/move quite a bit. It will also add the hitting power of shooting making closing with you VERY important. Plus access to metal lore will deal with knights (especially those triple damned chaos knights) and fire lore will allow you to deal with Nurgle Demons and those (no curse vial enough) Wood Elves.

The Earth shakers will buy time allowing the gunline to be even deadlier.

Plus the warrior blocks are just the right size, etc to keep generating soft res when they make it to you.

Having said that, I’d only take this to truly hardcore tournaments, almost 'Ard Boyz level. This list really pushes it to the limit.

Still, dropping the wolf riders would let you upgrade the Hobgobs to archers, add even more sheer volume of fire. Plus 40 arrows can hurt a big monster through numbers, with the Blunderbuss can’t do. Against infantry, 40 arrows can hurt. A lot.

However if they have a somewhat fighty army, once they close you’re going to be hurting pretty badly. You really are banking a lot on killing a ton of them before they close. We have the right tools, yes… but it’s still a big gamble. The plus side is our warrior blocks are hard to break, especially if you whittled their numbers so you have strong soft res bonuses. However, when they do close they’ll get a lot of easy points.

I’m personally not a fan of two shakers, and that much shooting. I prefer a medium amount, but if it works go for it. I think this army could be very deadly, but do not expect to make friends with this list. As I said, if it’s in a really hard core environment go for it, but only in that kind of setting.

tetnis:

Two earthshakers will lose you friends, and even after you swapped the one out running a list with 6 bolt throwers is a tad beardy. If this is a friendly tournament, or one with composition score, I would tone this down a bit. Otherwise, go to town :slight_smile:

Ubertechie:

It’s a good list for the style of play you want however can I suggest a few tweaks
1 swap out 2 bolt throwers for a death rocket I have tried everything from 2 through to 8 in very competitve environments and in terms of points returned 4 always comes out as the optimum number. A deathrocket also improves your anti-horde ability significantly
2 I would loose 3 blunderbusses per unit and place the level 2 wizards in them to get you to 3 full ranks. The extra width 6 wide gives you is again hard to justify the extra points and I would add a standard to give them static resolution of 3
3 if you can squeeze in a unit of 6 black orcs for 72 points they are fantastic flankers and will generate the combat kills that the rest of your army will struggle to get

Hope that is of use
Cheers
Ubertechie

Swissdictator:

Ubertechie has a good point. Never underestimate the power of a death rocket. When a rocket lands right, it can be more devestating on stuff with high armor. Especially against knight units as it could get more then one kill.

I tend to prefer Orcs or Orc Big Uns over Black Orcs. Cheaper, they can still hit hard (though not as hard) enough to be deadly. Plus they’re cheap. Eitherway, green skins of the bigger variety still don’t cause panic in the Dawi Zharr!

Again I hope this list is for the beardy environment.

Backstabber:

Thank you everyone for your input, yeah I know it’s pretty beardy as chaos dwarfs go, but people around here have no respect for the old school.  They just jump on the new shiny book GW waves in front of them.  So got to teach them a lesson:).  I think this is the list I’ll go with after everyone’s suggestions:

SORCEROR LORD: Lvl. 4, Black Gem of Gnar, Dispel Scroll, Power Stone: 310

HERO: Bsb, Sword of Might, Armor of Gazrakh: 135

SORCEROR: Lvl. 2, Dispel Scroll, Power Stone: 150

SORCEROR: Lvl. 2, Dispel Scroll, Power Stone: 150

24 WARRIORS: Full Command, Warbanner: 271

24 WARRIORS: Full Command: 246

15 BLUNDERBUSS: 180

15 BLUNDERBUSS: 180

10 HOBGOBLINS: 20