[Archive] 2400 indy list feedback welcome

richard barby:

i generally run a mage lord on a lammasu and a big block of spear hobgoblins i wanted to drop these and try a different style of army in light of the errata

keeping a strong core around lord/s and bsb and have a few faster units redirecting and targetting smaller units/ war machines

mage lord lever 4 shadow scroll hexigon opal amulit

warrior lord 1+ save +2 strenght strike first axe

bsb slaver helm and hellfire gun

20warriors full command shileds flaming banner

15 blunderbusses choas armour banner

10 archers

5 wolf riders bows

5 wolf riders bows

5 bull centurs additional hand wepions muso

bolt thrower

bolt thrower

death rocket

death rocket

earth shaker

6 goloums face and breath attack upgrade

Loki:

Looks like a good list but i am a little worried that you only have one good sized unit of warriors in there , i would maybe try and get one more unit of the same size in there but thats just me , as i always say you wont know how any army will play untill you use it :slight_smile:

saurus:

Hi mate, I think both of us have commented on the Indy GT lists of ther other a few times, so no reason to stop now ey. Just a few things-

mage lord lever 4 shadow scroll hexigon opal amulit

why not give him the hailfire gun and a dispel scroll

warrior lord 1+ save +2 strenght strike first axe

Yeah that ASF +2 str axe got a lot better, but seriously consider the amulet of hashut, 5+ ward and frenzy, if used properly, makes unit ITP and gives a minimum of +5 attacks!

bsb slaver helm and hellfire gun

Not sure what your trying to do with this guy, am I missing something?

20warriors full command shileds flaming banner

Any reason for not giving these bad boys great weapons?

Give these fellas definately a musician and even a champ, to stop those single uber characters from smashing the unit apart. Furthermore, shields are worth it, SaS reaction then 3+ 6+ sv, gold!

5 wolf riders bows

5 wolf riders bows

I would drop the bows, give them spears. Bows are not worth the cost per model, for a unit hitting on 6s all the time and only str 3, also no musician for fast cav? wtf?

Big concession here for your opponent. IMO Bull Centaurs really took one in the shorts in 8th, but what role do these lads play that the wolfies dont do? They are likely just free VP for your opponent

6 goloums face and breath attack upgrade

Man, I used this exact setup for my past few, holy hell are these guys good. Can take on almost anything in hth. Lot of points but can definately make their cost back

Good luck with it, hope this helps.

saurus

richard barby:

i have a scroll in the mage already :slight_smile:

the slaver has the highest bs for the hellfire gun so its great for shooting a regen unit before i hit it with everything else to take there save away

im going for whats on the models for the wolf riders they have bows not spears . what am i missing about the muso on fast cav they can turn all they like anyway. but the +1 to rally they miss out on for sure

with the bull centurs they are counted as cavalry now after the 8th errata was done so they have 4up save so you can give them 3 attacks and muso for just 106 points if there not for from the mage mindrazor strenght 8 or 10 strikeing at I3 at the same time or before most units humans dwarfs saurus greenskins

one of the things i really want to do and i may give the opal amulit to the bsb is hide the mage in the middle of the warriors 5 wide. lord muso champ banner bsb mage cant get hit in combat till one of them goes down but can still cast spells with the true line of sight

saurus:

i have a scroll in the mage already :)
the slaver has the highest bs for the hellfire gun so its great for shooting a regen unit before i hit it with everything else to take there save away

richard barby
Yeah I missed that about the mage, my bad. Well since the Hailfire gun is a missile weapon, arm your bsb with a great weapon, cause I am pretty sure he can have both, so he can shoot and then fight in hth.
im going for whats on the models for the wolf riders they have bows not spears . what am i missing about the muso on fast cav they can turn all they like anyway. but the +1 to rally they miss out on for sure

richard barby
Ya, just because they have low Ld and they will usually be outside that LD bubble, so +1 is useful. Ok if you are after WYSIWYG then fair nuff.
with the bull centurs they are counted as cavalry now after the 8th errata was done so they have 4up save so you can give them 3 attacks and muso for just 106 points if there not for from the mage mindrazor strenght 8 or 10 strikeing at I3 at the same time or before most units humans dwarfs saurus greenskins

richard barby
Well some humans are I3, other I4, if your playing anything army whose basic initiative is 4 or above they are goners. Also you are relying on getting that big spell off, if it fails (or you don't even get it in that game) and they are locked in combat then they are goners again. unfortunately fragile for 8th ed. me thinks, (I own 15 and they are expensive to buy, damn 8th ed!) so right now I personally do not rate them.
one of the things i really want to do and i may give the opal amulit to the bsb is hide the mage in the middle of the warriors 5 wide. lord muso champ banner bsb mage cant get hit in combat till one of them goes down but can still cast spells with the true line of sight

richard barby
Yeah so all your characters are in that warriors unit then. That is a massive eggs in one basket scenario. If you lose that unit, its game over. I don't rate that strategy as just by taking a bit of care with the mage (and giving him a 4+ ward) you can spare the him in 9/10 games. Furthermore if your mage gets a bad miscast, then that unit along with the characters are really going to cop it, str 10 template will on that unit will ruin your day. Also just be watchful of for template warmachines and spells like purple sun, pit of shades, lurkers bellow, 25 skaven spell and infernal gateway. Also your opponent can feed that unit cheap units while they take out the rest of your army.

Good luck with it, let us know how it goes.
saurus

richard barby:

with the higher initives there is always the miasma spell to help out with it

i sometimes thing its the best spell in the lore it can be such a big help for combats

Glimpse the Void:

i sometimes thing its the best spell in the lore it can be such a big help for combats

richard barby
This spell makes dreams come true!   I love this spell personally.

This list looks like fun, and meaty.  I see a few things I am curious about.  Would you be able to pump up those Annihlators units by a few models to make sure you can shoot them at str 5?  

Also, I agree that your centaurs seem like a liability the way they are.  It seems to me that you would have to run them in a unit of about 10 (maybe combine the two), and give them chaos armor.  I know we are talking about a lot of points now, but it seems to me that this is just protecting what you have already invested.

Also, the I don't know how effective 10 archers at BS 3 are going to be.  

That unit of infernal golems looks frightening.  There's not much in my current WOC army that I would want to put up against that.  I imagine if your opponent tried to feed it a block of something to keep it out of the game, they would just blow through it and head into the next unit.