[Archive] 2400 modified ETC - no Prophet gunline

Mahvo:

I am trying to create something competitive for an upcoming tournament. We are using “fixed” ETC-comp here.

In a nutshell CD are:

"Hellcannon 0-1. Max 4 of: Flame Cannons, Hellcannon, Chalice of Blood and Darkness, Dispel Scroll, K�?TDaai Destroyer (counts as 2 choises!). Lore of Hashut can be cast with max 4 PD."

What do you think of this:

Daemonsmith-sorcerer, lore of metal, level 2 (35), Charmed Shield (5), Staff of Sorcery (35) = 170

Daemonsmith-sorcerer, general, lore of death, level 2 (35), Enchanted Shield (5) = 140

Infernal Castellan, BSB (25), great weapon (5), Ironcurse Icon (5), Talisman of Preservation (45) = 185

Hobgoblin Khan, shield (2), light armour (2), spear (4), giant wolf (12), Dragonbane Gem (5), Potion of Foolhardiness (5) = 70

22 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, Hailshot Blunderbusses (6), Full Command (32), Standard of Discipline (15), pistol on Deathmask (2) = 445

36 Hobgoblin Cutthroats, Musician (4), Standard (8), bows (1), shields (0.5) = 210

Iron Daemon War Engine, Hellbound = 310

2 x Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher = 100

Magma Cannon = 145

K’daai Destroyer = 325

Hellcannon = 205

TOTAL 2400 pts

I’m having Ld10, 3+ on dispel, really lethal shooting phase and modest magic phase.

At least general and bsb go to 2 x 11 formation blunderbusses. Shriekers and magma cannon deployed behind them near the table edge. Hell Cannon closes either flank.

Iron Daemon takes on (high AS) multiwound stuff and can shoot ethereals with hellbound. It serves another purpose as a roadblock for any enemy that threatens my blunderbusses. Should be able to tarpit any deathstar for a while.

7 rank deep hobgoblins shoot volleys with their bows against closing enemy. Steadfast RR Ld10 should work for some time.

The Khan is herding K’daai on right direction, hunting warmachines or trying to keep another K’daai still in a mirror match (or pin enemy K’daai first with my destroyer and then try to take flank or rear with wolf boy). It is quite reliable with the potion.

Groznit Goregut:

The comp sounds horrible, but you play in what games you can…

I think overall it’s a pretty good list. I think I would want to change out the Blunderbuss for just hand weapon and shield. That would let you take more Chaos Dwarfs for the unit point cap, right? I dunno as I haven’t used Blunderbuss before. I’d think that if someone does manage to get through all your shooting, they can smash you in combat. I’d go for one good anvil and let the rest of the army shoot. It’s kind of the more balanced approach. That’s my play style, though.

Can you get a magic weapon on the Khan? I just hate the idea of one ethereal unit having to be a target for the Iron Daemon. If it’s just a little Spirit Host, the Khan could take it, right?

Sounds good to my theory hammer, though!

Mahvo:

I think overall it's a pretty good list.  I think I would want to change out the Blunderbuss for just hand weapon and shield.  That would let you take more Chaos Dwarfs for the unit point cap, right?

Groznit Goregut
Yeah, it might make the list more competitive. I just fell in love with blunderbusses in previous games - stand and shoot from those little fellows is absolutely devastating. 22 - 66 shots with RR to wound - they totally wiped out a 21 strong witch elf unit that charged them.

So long the Castellan is alive it doesn't matter how many dwarves I have there, they are stubborn on RR Ld10. But I'll consider changing those into GW dwarves (26 & FC) or vanilla ones (33 & FC).
Can you get a magic weapon on the Khan?  I just hate the idea of one ethereal unit having to be a target for the Iron Daemon.  If it's just a little Spirit Host, the Khan could take it, right? 

Groznit Goregut
I was thinking about it. Cheap magic weapon is 5 pts, spear is 4 pts, so no difference really. Spear gives S5 on a charge, though, and it is huge difference between S4 and S5. Maybe I'll give him Warrior Bane, but have to think about it carefully.

I was also thinking about giving Castellan a Dragon Helm - AS4+ and AS3+ are quite the same, but if I happen to get Glittering Robe from Metal he'd suddenly have 1+4++ when that is on. Or should I go all the way to Mask of the Furnace and make unit immune to Fear?

Samanos:

out of curiosity what does ‘‘fixed’’ mean here?

that the rulespack has been modified?

the list looks fairly solid, although i would use a lvl 4

Mahvo:

out of curiosity what does ''fixed'' mean here?
that the rulespack has been modified?

Samanos
Yes, the pack has been modified. For example "only 45 models with 20+" range shooting per army" has been lifted.

Some kind of experimental stuff.