[Archive] 2400 my first ever CD list

greatcrusade08:

DRAZHOATH THE ASHEN

INFERNAL GUARD WITH FIREGLAIVES x 10

INFERNAL GUARD WITH FIREGLAIVES x 10

INFERNAL GUARD x 19

-hand weapons, full command (pistol on champ)

-razor standard

HERO

-shield and pistol

-magic items *sword granting ASF *stone grants +1T -1I

BULL CENTAUR RENDERS x 3

-extra hand weapons, shields

BULL CENTAUR RENDERS x 3

-extra hand weapons, shields

DEATH SHRIEKER ROCKET

DEATH SHRIEKER ROCKET

MAGMA CANNON

MAGMA CANNON

DREADQUAKE MORTAR

-ogre loader

general plan is for the centaurs to sit on the flanks and take on skirmishers, light cav and redirectors like sabretusks, eagles etc, fireglaives flank the block and can charge into multiple combats if needed… sheer firepower destroys all and the big nasty and his bull flame all with a S5 template.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I’ve honestly never seen a list like this get played. I honestly think you’ll get stomped by anything that has speed (or Lizardmen with their usual loads of Skinks) but let us know how it goes! I love being wrong after all =)

rpitts2004:

Drazhoath isn’t worth the points compared to a regular Prophet,

The Destroyer is a must bring =/

Samanos:

yep drazoah is no good.

the other thing… you have 5 machines (1 of them blows up at 1-3) … but no demonsmiths…thats bad.

and a castellan that is not a bsb as well.

fireglaives are bad, use hobbos with bows instead. Quality > Quantity (always!)

greatcrusade08:

thanks for the comments guys, as i said its my first list and im really new to modern CD.

quick Q, why is drazhoath no good? i was under the impression he was good value, with the S5 breath weapon, extra wound and what have you?

plus monsters are cool.

i was toying with the idea of replacing the castellan with a demonsmith for extra magic (lore of metal perhaps?).

do i need to attach a demonsmith to the war machines then??

also im not sold on the gobbos being better than fireglaives for shooting, its not just about damage output, the chaos dwarves are alot better in combat and can support the main block better… plus have a 3+ vs shooting at T4

Da Crusha:

Drazhoath is great! don’t be dissuaded. I did a point by point breakdown to show his value at his Deamonsmith handbook page check it out. as far as the rest of the list. Destroyer is a must and if you are going to run many warmachines, deamonsmiths are a must. if you have big expensive blocks, bsb is a must.

greatcrusade08:

thanks da crusha thats pretty helpful.

i did infact look at the handbook, which was the reason i included him :stuck_out_tongue:

im probably going to do some wholesale changes, in part due to the expense of the bull centaurs… im probably going to do a mixed CD and k’daii list, with 2 units of fireborn and one big destroyer

ill probably whittle the number of warmachines down to 2 rockets and a magma cannon

with Drazhoaoth aswell ive only the troops to sort.

probably stick with the idea of 2 x 10 fireglaives and a block of infantry with a demonsmith for alternate magic lores (metal or fire?)

im still confused as to why youd need a demonsmith with the warmachines, isnt he just a mage? what benefits does he bring? and do i need to attach him to the war machines?

thanks again

Da Crusha:

as long as a deamonsmith is within 3" of a warmachine, once per turn, he can allow one to reroll an artillery or scatter die.

greatcrusade08:

ah ok, i missed that in his rules, makes more sense now.

Thanks again, youve been a big help

greatcrusade08:

ok so slight change to the list, whilst i do want to get a destroyer, the lack of model is putting me off until ive at least got a full army on the table.

drazhoath the ashen 570

Castellan 147
-BSB
-great weapon
-pistol
-enchanted shield (+2 save)

20 infernal guard 274
-full command w/pistol

20 infernal guard 274
-full command w/pistol

19 infernal guard 307
-great weapons
-musician/standard

Bull centaur Taur’ruk 215
-blackshard armour
-shield
-sword of strife (+2 attacks)
5 bull centaur renders 265
-great weapons
-musician/standard

deathshrieker cannon 100
deathshrieker cannon 100
magma cannon 145

RiTides:

Now THAT is a cool, hard-as-nails list!

3 units of chaos dwarfs is interesting, I have rarely seen that. 20 has them right on the line of being able to handle themselves, though. It’d be tempting to me to drop one for a hellbound iron daemon, to give you a true anvil for your sweet hammer (the bull centaurs with Taur’ruk).

The problem is, even if you did something like that, the others are still right on the line of being big enough (imo). You could drop one unit and put some of the points into upping the numbers on the other two, with a decent amount of points left over. I’m not sure what I’d get- some chaff units, perhaps, or another warmachine. Or, most likely, a daemonsmith to help out your warmachines!

So, I Really like your latest version, but think you might want to consider a different configuration than 3 x 20 units of chaos dwarfs (if nothing else more creative comes to mind, you could just make it 2 x 30 units instead ;). But I think 2 x 25 and a daemonsmith might be better).