[Archive] 2400 no lord

giantsquig :

I’m toying with this list let me know what ya think.

2400 Pts - Chaos Dwarfs Roster

Hobgoblin Khan, Wolf, Spear, Shield Light Armor

Hobgoblin Khan, Wolf, Spear, Shield , Light armor

Daemonsmith Sorcerer L2

1 Dispel Scroll

1 The Lore of Fire

Infernal Castellan, BSB Mask, Blighting Blade.

29 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, St, Mus, HWS

29 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, St, Mus, HWS

Bull Centaurs Renders 3 Mus HWS

Bull Centaurs Renders 3 Mus HWS

Chaos Dwarf Magma Cannon

Deathshrieker Death Rocket

Deathshrieker Death Rocket

Hellcannon

K’daai Destroyer

Geist:

You will get raped in the magic phase. That simple, a lvl2 and a scroll is no defense.

Other wise it looks solid. Since your not really stocking up on warmachines I would suggest trading the rockets and magma out for a dreadquake. If you can afford it take 2 magmas and a dread quake. If you do that you have to have another engineer. Give the other engineer the chalice of darkness. That will make your warmachines last longer and make it so that your magic defense is better.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Nonsense! I’ve played plenty of games with no wizards and done fine. I think your list will get steamrolled but it still looks like a fun list to play!

Grimbold Blackhammer

giantsquig :

If you have played lists with no wizards and done fine and think this list will get steamrolled then what did you use?

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I don’t think three centaurs will be enough to do anything and I think non-stubborn dwarves without great weapons will get beaten down. He may lose to magic but I see other flaws in the list that I think are more worrisome.

Grimbold Blackhammer

Mike Newman:

I have some ideas for a no lord list, I really think it can work - let’s you get in as many other toys as possible!

Geist:

For me no real magic defense means, he will pay a reapers toll in the magic phase. IE local DE player loves to toss about metal, finally trans is just wrong when you can pump 8 to 12 dice into it and either get a stupid high number or box cars. You dont want to be hit by that spell.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

For me no real magic defense means, he will pay a reapers toll in the magic phase.  IE local DE player loves to toss about metal, finally trans is just wrong when you can pump 8 to 12 dice into it and either get a stupid high number or box cars.  You dont want to be hit by that spell.

Geist
Having a Sorcerer-Prophet with you isn't going to do much to protect you from that scenario.

Grimbold Blackhammer

Geist:

At least you have a lvl4 to dispel with instead of a lvl1 or 2. Those extra pips of dispel have saved me so many times that a lvl 4 is a must take.