Steve D:

Lvl4, fire, Ench Sh, Talisman of Preservation, scroll, Bale Taurus

Bull Centaur Hero, Blackshard armour, Dragon Helm, GW, Crown of Command

20 IG, FC, Fireglaves, pistol, Flaming banner

12 IG, Fireglaves, Champ, Mu, Pistol

7 Renders, FC, GW, Shields, Banner of Swiftness

2 Rockets

Destroyer

Plan is that the lvl4, renders and destroyer run at the enemy while everything else pounds the lines. The rockets are there to hopefully take down warmachines and/or big monsters or to start removing ranks.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

With only five deployments and no sacrificial units, you definitely won’t be picking your fights.  I’m also not sure what 12 Infernal Guard are supposed to accomplish.  I don’t see how you can protect your rockets.  And honestly I don’t know what 8 Bull Centaurs can accomplish that 6 can’t.

I’d trim the Bull Centaurs down and use those points to beef up the little unit of Infernal Guard.  Or I’d turn those 12 Infernal Guard into some Steadfast blocks of Hobbos.  Against a defensive-type of army, this list may do fairly well but against an offensive one, I think it’s all over but the cry’n.  

Grimbold Blackhammer

zhatan87:

12 IG, Champ, Mu, Pistol
Why the pistol?
You lose the 3+ save.

And why don't you take the item 5 pts which makes reroll one armour save on the BC hero?

Very surprising and strange list. I find the bale taurus very nice for the LD10 bubble, but I don't see any hobgoblins to benefit from it.
Sure you have the means to save points. Go go go!

Baggronor:

I say drop the Renders and the Taur’uk and get 2 Skullcrackers in there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Just bulldoze people wholesale!

Steve D:

Whoops, I forgot to put that the 12 IG unit had fireglaves too…hence the pistol!

Good call on the luckstone on the BC hero though. I’ll check the points to see if I can get it in.

Just worked it out - I can get two units of 20 hob gob bowmen for the 12 fireglave unit - a better option?

ChungEssence:

"Just worked it out - I can get two units of 20 hob gob bowmen for the 12 fireglave unit - a better option? "

Better for deployment drops. I’d take the 12 fireglaives though, they should be able to shoot off fast cav/hold vs small units etc.

I’m a sucker for actual chaos dwarfs though and would almost always take em over the treacherous gobbo’s.

"And honestly I don’t know what 8 Bull Centaurs can accomplish that 6 can’t."

With 8 there is a much larger chance of actually having 6 reach the enemy.

Steve D:

"Just worked it out - I can get two units of 20 hob gob bowmen for the 12 fireglave unit - a better option? "

Better for deployment drops. I'd take the 12 fireglaives though, they should be able to shoot off fast cav/hold vs small units etc.

I'm a sucker for actual chaos dwarfs though and would almost always take em over the treacherous gobbo's.

"And honestly I don't know what 8 Bull Centaurs can accomplish that 6 can't."

With 8 there is a much larger chance of actually having 6 reach the enemy.

ChungEssence
Pretty much sums up my thoughts when I was writing the list...:)