[Archive] 2400pts Non-Chaos Dwarf list

Neil:

2400 pts All-comers Dwarf list. It’s intended to be a decent list, but not boring to play against or with.

Dwarf Lord - Shield bearers, Rune of Stone, Rune of Resistance, Rune of Preservation, Rune of the Furnace, Great Weapon (in Ironbreakers)

Runelord - 2x Rune of Iron, Rune of Stone, Master Rune of Balance, Rune of Spellbreaking, Shield (in Longbeards)

Thane - BSB, Master Rune of Gromril (In Longbeards)

Thane - Rune of Brotherhood, Master Rune of Challenge, Rune of Stone, Great Weapon (in Rangers)

24x Rangers, Full Command, Great Weapons

18x Warriors, Full Command, Great Weapons

23x Longbeards, Full Command, H/W Shields, Rune of Determination

23x Ironbreakers, Full Command, Rune of Determination, Rune of Battle

10x Miners, Musician

1x Cannon, Rune of Forging, Rune of Burning

1x Grudgethrower, Rune of Accuracy, Rune of Penetrating

1x Organ Gun

All comments appreciated :cheers

Bolg:

No hordes?? why not?

lose the miners upgrade your rangers to longbeards (with great weapons) bring 40 and take an extra 38 hammerers and we’ll talk again d:

Baggronor:

Similar to my list :cheers

Not enough troopers imo. At 2k I have 24 Warriors, 24 Rangers, 2x18 Hammerers plus 4 war machines and 3 Heroes, and I still feel like I don’t have enough Dwarfs.

I don’t think the Dwarf Lord is anywhere near worth it in 8th. Same for Miners without an anvil, and even then mine never show up until turn 3 (down the pub again :~) or they show up immediately on turn 2, when its a bad idea.

The Thane with Master Rune of Challenge is real fun. He can also do a dirty trick by using it on an enemy who is at max charge range, so they fail and waddle D6", buying you extra shooting time.

Rune of Striking on the BSB is very nice; WS7 means a lot of people start needing 5s to hit him and most enemy characters need a 4+. Helps a lot.

lose the miners upgrade your rangers to longbeards (with great weapons) bring 40 and take an extra 38 hammerers and we’ll talk again d:
Lol I see Bolg doesn’t mess around :slight_smile:

I would definitely take a horde unit at 2.4k, its more efficient when kicking butt.

I usually take double Runes of Penetrating and Rune of Accuracy on my Grudge Thrower (its a Hellcannon you see). But then again, I routinely play dirty Skaven so its simply justice.

Neil:

Rune of Striking on the BSB is very nice; WS7 means a lot of people start needing 5s to hit him and most enemy characters need a 4+.

Baggronor
That's something I would never had thought of, thanks. I agree it looks a bit small when you get it all out, I just can't seem to bring myself to drop anything.

Are hordes really where it's all at? Everywhere I look, the internet wisdom seems to be saying Hordes are the thing to take (Except for here which is an interesting read if you have time, maybe not so relevant for Chaos Dwarfs though).

However the only horde that I have seen that has really impressed me was a Flagellant horde, and even that was a 'one use only' sort of thing, before it had to re-from in a non-horde manner. Are you all finding that normal blocks of troops just don't cut the mustard any more? :~

Maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet and drop the Lord. :o

Baggronor:

However the only horde that I have seen that has really impressed me was a Flagellant horde
Not seen a Grave Guard horde yet? Banner of the Barrows (+1 to hit) and Helm of Commandment (the unit uses the Vampire Lord's WS of 7) means 30 attacks with strength 6 Killing Blow hitting on 2s. Its absurd.