[Archive] 2500 Army List - LoA - League

javi:

Hi there.

Our group is organising a 3-4 months league, in which I will be facing all imaginable armies, in their hardest versions. List must remain the same for all the league (not even lores may vary), with normal BRB limits. Of course I will bring my CD, and here is the list I am thinking of taking, thanks for your comments in advance:

2500 Pts - Chaos Dwarfs Roster

1 Sorcerer-Prophet, 420 pts Lvl 4+Enchanted Shield+Chalice of Blood and Darkness+Talisman of Preservation+Blood of Hashut

1 Daemonsmith Sorcerer, 125 pts Charmed Shield+Dispel Scroll

1 Infernal Castellan, 170 pts TMotF

1 Hobgoblin Khan, 60 pts Spear+LA+Shield+Wolf

28 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, 388 pts Full command + Lichebone pen.+Naphta bomb

50 Hobgoblins Cutthroats, 237 pts Mus+BSB+Shield

1 K’daai Destroyer, 325 pts

3 Bull Centaurs Renders, 155 pts  Mus+ GW

6 K’daai Fireborn, 330 pts

1 Chaos Dwarf Magma Cannon, 145 pts

Total Roster Cost: 2500

The Naphta bomb on IG Champ is to get to min 625 Core. Well, I think I better have the bigger infantery blocks possible for such a long tourney, deploying Hobbos in 5x10 to remain steadfast as long as possible and IG in 10x3 stubborn in order to avoid templates. These 2 blocks should be able to hold until my hitty units do the job, as well as MC’s.
What has changed since the last few games? Well, I just fell in love with the Chalice, its just awesome and provides me something I really needed: the opportunity to have more weight in the magic phases. Problem is if I get the Chalice I cannot get CoC, which would leave me with 1 block of not stubborn CD, who as you know struggle so much to generate combat res. Instead I decided to put all in one stubborn block, and kept the Chalice. And why 1x50 hobbos instead of 2x20? these is the part I am most hesitant of all, as I have never tested it, but  I think these guys will be able to hold for ages before giving up, and having Destroyer, BCs (which btw I plan to use as WM and skirmishers/fast cav. hunters, more than a CC unit, thus the lack of Std.) and Kdaais to do the damage, thats what I need them to do.<br>As you can see I do not have room for Deathshrieker, it is a pity, but if I have to choose between 2xMCs and one of each, mate, give me the double MC “almost” any day of the week!
Lores are Hashut + Fire.

Main question being, do you think is it worth going with 2x20 hobbos mainly to have a 6th unit in deployment (plus WM), which has proven to be one of our weakest points? I am not sure it would make that much of a difference, usually my opponents has 3-5 units more than I do anyway…

I plan on doing some battle reports of this league, so your advice is very welcome, you know you prefer batreps where the CD’s win, don’t you? Hehehe.

Thanks!

Javi

EDIT: I deleted Blood of Hashut on Prophet by mistake! Now added.

javi:

Hi there.

Our group is organising a 3-4 months league, in which I will be facing all imaginable armies, in their hardest versions. List must remain the same for all the league (not even lores may vary), with normal BRB limits. Of course I will bring my CD, and here is the list I am thinking of taking, thanks for your comments in advance:

2500 Pts - Chaos Dwarfs Roster

1 Sorcerer-Prophet, 420 pts Lvl 4+Enchanted Shield+Chalice of Blood and Darkness+Talisman of Preservation+Blood of Hashut

1 Daemonsmith Sorcerer, 125 pts Charmed Shield+Dispel Scroll

1 Infernal Castellan, 170 pts TMotF

1 Hobgoblin Khan, 60 pts Spear+LA+Shield+Wolf

28 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, 388 pts Full command + Lichebone pen.+Naphta bomb

50 Hobgoblins Cutthroats, 237 pts Mus+BSB+Shield

1 K’daai Destroyer, 325 pts

3 Bull Centaurs Renders, 155 pts  Mus+ GW

6 K’daai Fireborn, 330 pts

Total Roster Cost: 2500

The Naphta bomb on IG Champ is to get to min 625 Core. Well, I think I better have the bigger infantery blocks possible for such a long tourney, deploying Hobbos in 5x10 to remain steadfast as long as possible and IG in 10x3 stubborn in order to avoid templates. These 2 blocks should be able to hold until my hitty units do the job, as well as MC’s.
What has changed since the last few games? Well, I just fell in love with the Chalice, its just awesome and provides me something I really needed: the opportunity to have more weight in the magic phases. Problem is if I get the Chalice I cannot get CoC, which would leave me with 1 block of not stubborn CD, who as you know struggle so much to generate combat res. Instead I decided to put all in one stubborn block, and kept the Chalice. And why 1x50 hobbos instead of 2x20? these is the part I am most hesitant of all, as I have never tested it, but  I think these guys will be able to hold for ages before giving up, and having Destroyer, BCs (which btw I plan to use as WM and skirmishers/fast cav. hunters, more than a CC unit, thus the lack of Std.) and Kdaais to do the damage, thats what I need them to do.<br>As you can see I do not have room for Deathshrieker, it is a pity, but if I have to choose between 2xMCs and one of each, mate, give me the double MC “almost” any day of the week!
Lores are Hashut + Fire.

Main question being, do you think is it worth going with 2x20 hobbos mainly to have a 6th unit in deployment (plus WM), which has proven to be one of our weakest points? I am not sure it would make that much of a difference, usually my opponents has 3-5 units more than I do anyway…

I plan on doing some battle reports of this league, so your advice is very welcome, you know you prefer batreps where the CD’s win, don’t you? Hehehe.

Thanks!

Javi

EDIT: I deleted Blood of Hashut on Prophet by mistake! Now added.

Baggronor:

Main question being, do you think is it worth going with 2x20 hobbos mainly to have a 6th unit in deployment (plus WM), which has proven to be one of our weakest points? I am not sure it would make that much of a difference, usually my opponents has 3-5 units more than I do anyway....
No, you would still only have 8 drops which is not enough to warrant changing something in the list. Armies like OnG or VCs will bring 10+ easily, so I doubt it's worth it. It's not like LoA is a subtle army, you plonk the blocks in the middle, the machines behind them and the hitters on the flanks. The only real question is do you pick a corner or risk a central deployment, and that will be decided by your opponent's army.

I would get a high strength war machine in there, you have nothing to pound targets like STanks and Sphinxes at range. Hellcannon is the way forward imo.

I would also take Metal on the Daemonsmith and squeeze in the Ruby Ring. Searing Doom will deal with those Mournfangs/Demigryphs nicely. I'd try to make him a lv2 as well if possible.

javi:

Hi and thanks for the reply Baggronor.

Regarding the Ruby Ring, I cannot fit it within the magic items allowance for Daemonsmith without giving up scroll or shield, both of them really important. Even giving the Daemonsmith lvl 2, odds are I have to use 3 dice to guarantee succesful spell cast of Searing Doom, which is why I dislike Metal on my lvl 1 or 2. So my other option is giving metal to SP, which I have tried and not liked that much.

And for the high strength attack, would you give up 2nd MC for a Deathshrieker (however it is spelled…)? Because HC is definetely not fitting in, too many points I am afraid. I know I should take a 3rd warmachine but I do not know what to take out of the list.

MLP:

I agree with Baggronor with the Metal lore and Ruby ring. Remember Metal spell count as flaming so it still works well with ash cloud. Also give the ring to the Khan for a nasty suprise to the enemy(as long as he survives but I find he gets ignored if you’re clever)!

I also agree with the Warmachine point, two Magma Cannons are awesome in many situations, but you can’t go wrong with the versatility of the death rocket. You’ll be thankfull for that high strength hit I can garuntee you. And the extra 45 points can be used for Ruby Ring or even Hellbound(good for ethereal targets if you’re facing many armies you’ll have a few!).

Hobgoblins are Goblins at the end of the day, so treat them as such. Small blocks will run, go steadfast to start and if the combat dictates it reform into horde for maximum attacks.

10x3 horde of Infernals is a good tactic that I like. Infernals don’t win through combat resolution they win by not dying, so the extra rank of attacks will be good for you. Just hope they don’t land a 5 incher in the middle of your unit!

javi:

Mmh, interestring idea about the Khan, I am not so sure about turning him into an almost 100 its init though, but it indeed may be a surprise for our enemies! About Lore of Metal…still unsure, I really think signature spell has to high difficulty for a lvl 1 or 2 (don’t have the book here, but isn’t it 10?).

Thanks for your replies!

Javi.

MLP:

Yeah it’s expesive but he can get a fireball just where the enemy don’t expect, perfect with ashstorm.

Whatever the difficuty of the metal spell it’s only +3 maximum difference between a level 4 and level 1. The thing with Metal is that it can assassinate high armour targets for a very small investment, this is something you don’t have much of in your army. The lore of fire is a lot more low strength based, especially on a low level who’ll probably just have fireball.