[Archive] 2500 GT list

Cobra7:

I have yet to play with CD, but I just brought the majority of the army from Tao Bao for very cheap, so I was pondering bringing them. I will be doing some proxy battles to tweak the list, but any advice will advance me along.

I have been playing Fantasy since the start of 6th ed and am familiar with the 8th ed tournament scene.

This list will be for the Bugeater GT in Omaha NE (Bugeater site w/ rules). From general army comp: An army cannot include more than two warmachines of the same type, and no more than five warmachines in an army.

One last thing before I start the army list. The two things I am worried about is other war machines and the WoC Chosen deathstar with a 3+ ward. With the list I have, the only option I really have is to hold back as much as I can and divert as much fire to it as I can. Any other idea’s would be helpful, along with other weaknesses this list may have.

Lord:

Sorcerer Profit: lvl 4 Hashut, Earthing rod, Dragon Helm, Talisman of Protection, Other tricksters shard, Blood of Hashut.

Hero:

Daemon prince sorcerer: lvl 2 Hashut, Dispel scroll, Charmed Shield, Dragonbane gem

Infernal Castellan: BSB, Black Hammer of Hashut, Enchanted Shield, Crown of Command.

Core:

Infernal Guard x24: FC, GW (General goes here)

Infernal Guard x20: FC, Flammig banner (BSB goes here)

Special:

Magma Cannon

Magma Cannon

Deathshreaker Rocket

Deathshreaker Rocket

Bull Centaurs x5: Extra hand weapon

Rare: Destroyer

Strategy: I plan to deploy CD’s guarding war machines and match up either the GW or flamming on the far side, depending on who I’m playing. The destroyer and centaurs are to cause havoc on a flank that I don’t think needs the war machines attention.

Combo’s: Ash storm with Hammer of Hashut to insta kill multi-wound models, flamming banner to help. General with Other tricksters shard in GW’s as they don’t get a parry save anyway. Lvl 2 Hashut to help my lvl 4 get the spells he needs.

Please be very critical of this list. I will reply with my thoughts on why I did something, but that does not mean I am arguing, I just want to know other people to know my view and possibly counter it logically.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Da Crusha:

the crown of command is completely useless. infernal castellans are already stubborn. also, the low level wizard cannot use the lore of hashut.

besides those problems the list is pretty standard.

Cobra7:

Very glad you saw those flaws. Next choice will be metal for the level 2.

Is it worth it for me to get stubborn on both units?

Current changes to characters magic items:
Lord: Talisman of protection, Crown of Command, Power Stone
Castellan: Black Hammer, Dawnstone, Tricksters other shrd
Sorcerer: Dispel Scroll, Dragonbane gem

Thoughts?

metro_gnome:

its customary to use magical shields on the Prophet and Smith…

Enchanted shield gives the prophet a 2+ save…

Charmed gives the Smith a 3+ and 2++ vs the first cannonball to the face…

costs you a tenner… oh and keep the Blood…

I also worry that your blocks are too small…

I’d drop GWs and maybe a rocket to get more dwarves…

Cobra7:

I have yet to play with CD, but I just brought the majority of the army from Tao Bao for very cheap, so I was pondering bringing them. I will be doing some proxy battles to tweak the list, but any advice will advance me along.

I have been playing Fantasy since the start of 6th ed and am familiar with the 8th ed tournament scene.

This list will be for the Bugeater GT in Omaha NE (Bugeater site w/ rules). From general army comp: An army cannot include more than two warmachines of the same type, and no more than five warmachines in an army.

One last thing before I start the army list. The two things I am worried about is other war machines and the WoC Chosen deathstar with a 3+ ward. With the list I have, the only option I really have is to hold back as much as I can and divert as much fire to it as I can. Any other idea’s would be helpful, along with other weaknesses this list may have.

Lord:

Sorcerer Profit: lvl 4 Hashut, Earthing rod, Dragon Helm, Talisman of Protection, Other tricksters shard, Blood of Hashut.

Hero:

Daemon prince sorcerer: lvl 2 Hashut, Dispel scroll, Charmed Shield, Dragonbane gem

Infernal Castellan: BSB, Black Hammer of Hashut, Enchanted Shield, Crown of Command.

Core:

Infernal Guard x24: FC, GW (General goes here)

Infernal Guard x20: FC, Flammig banner (BSB goes here)

Special:

Magma Cannon

Magma Cannon

Deathshreaker Rocket

Deathshreaker Rocket

Bull Centaurs x5: Extra hand weapon

Rare: Destroyer

Strategy: I plan to deploy CD’s guarding war machines and match up either the GW or flamming on the far side, depending on who I’m playing. The destroyer and centaurs are to cause havoc on a flank that I don’t think needs the war machines attention.

Combo’s: Ash storm with Hammer of Hashut to insta kill multi-wound models, flamming banner to help. General with Other tricksters shard in GW’s as they don’t get a parry save anyway. Lvl 2 Hashut to help my lvl 4 get the spells he needs.

Please be very critical of this list. I will reply with my thoughts on why I did something, but that does not mean I am arguing, I just want to know other people to know my view and possibly counter it logically.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Da Crusha:

the crown of command is completely useless. infernal castellans are already stubborn. also, the low level wizard cannot use the lore of hashut.

besides those problems the list is pretty standard.

Cobra7:

Very glad you saw those flaws. Next choice will be metal for the level 2.

Is it worth it for me to get stubborn on both units?

Current changes to characters magic items:
Lord: Talisman of protection, Crown of Command, Power Stone
Castellan: Black Hammer, Dawnstone, Tricksters other shrd
Sorcerer: Dispel Scroll, Dragonbane gem

Thoughts?

metro_gnome:

its customary to use magical shields on the Prophet and Smith…

Enchanted shield gives the prophet a 2+ save…

Charmed gives the Smith a 3+ and 2++ vs the first cannonball to the face…

costs you a tenner… oh and keep the Blood…

I also worry that your blocks are too small…

I’d drop GWs and maybe a rocket to get more dwarves…