[Archive] 2500 Not-For-Prophet

metro_gnome:

Magic phase be damned! I don’t think we are any good at it…

This list has a steady warmachine/Infernal guard base…

and piles of BCs to run out and do the dirty work…

Daemonsmith: Fire, Level 2, Chalice (General)

Castellan: BSB, Preservation, Enchanted shield

Taur’ruk: Great Weapon, Dragonhelm, Dawnstone

Khan: Wolf, Light Armor, Shield, Spear

23 Infernal Guard: Command, Blunderbuss

30 Infernal Guard: Command, Pistol

5 Bull Centaurs: Command, Great Weapons

4 Bull Centaurs: Command, Shields, Gleaming Penant

1 Magma Cannon

1 Deathshrieker

1 Deathshrieker

1 Hellcannon

BSB with BBs… Taur’ruk with the GW-taurs… Smith with the machines… khan loose…

refused flank and hook strat… Shield-taurs will lead and screen the GW-taurs…

Taur’ruk can run off solo once he gets close to something meaty… or not…

Dwarves guard the machines… and machines rain death… and Khan gets in the the way…

might consider dropping the level and the dawnstone for another khan…

Anywho…

khedyarl:

I’m actually a big fan of this list. It’s varied enough to keep things interesting, lots of speed where you need it, and enough War engines to keep big things/opposing warmachines off of your back.

Do you think it’s possible to swap out the unit of four Centaurs for a unit of six Kdaii? If you’re able to find the points, I’ve found that there is virtually no T3 infantry in the game that will be able to stand toe to toe with them over the duration of a combat.

metro_gnome:

I dunno…

for that kinda pointage I could bring a destroyer instead… and save a nickel…

I’d have to drop a rocket and the dawnstone… or the wizard level…

Not sure if its worth it… I’ve never been super impressed by the fireborne…

the BCs are a pretty serious unit with the same wounds and a 2+ save… for 120 points cheaper…

But in reality it will probably come down to models…

I have this many Big Hatted BCs… and no fireborne…

and as sexy as they are… I’m not sure they will gel with my big hatz…

khedyarl:

No, that’s a fair enough point (though, I only suggested them over the Destroyer because given that you don’t already have one, I assumed you were trying a Destroyerless list. heh)

Lava Lord:

:hat off  hi Metro,  Nice list. I remember you from 4 or 5 yrs ago.  Have ya been on a hiatus also?  Nice to see ya back.  I’m trying to get myself up and going also.

Your has some interesting differences in the army, that many BC’s, they work good for ya?  Do they flank set up, protect, or go up the center?

The Hellcannon is a good choice,  but you also probably have an earthshaker from before.  Most armies I’ve been seeing here don’t use them now.  Has their ability deminished that much?  Just wondering of your take on it…  

take care,  :cheers

metro_gnome:

the dreadquake doesn’t seem to be very popular… It’s really expensive…

I mean after you buy the obligatory ogre… you’re a dime more than a hellcannon…

and you are not nearly as effective… and the hellcannon is not even the popular rare choice…

So if you are not taking a destroyer it’s because you are taking a hellcannon… Quaker doesn’t rate…

I will use my Earthshaker model as a magma cannon…

As for BCs being effective… I’m not sure as I have done no playtesting with this many…

But i do know the Shield-Taurs are not popular… but the GW-Taurs is a standard build for Taur’ruk entourage…

I see it working like a hook with refused flank anchored by the HC for the main block…

and I will have a cross T screen of Shield-Taurs… up the centre or flank depening on the situation…

SHIELD SHIELD SHIELD SHIELD

…G.WEP G.WEP Taur’uk

…G.WEP G.WEP G.WEP

Or I may go 2 wide with the great weapons until I get close… if there are many shooting angles…

SHIELD SHIELD SHIELD SHIELD

…G.WEP…Taur’uk

…G.WEP… G.WEP

…G.WEP… G.WEP