[Archive] 2500 Points First attempt

Chaosftw:

Hello Everyone!

This is what I have put together for a 2500 list. Please any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Lord

Chaos Dwarf Lord

H. Armour/Shield/G.Taurus/Armour of Gazrakh/ Hammer of Hashut

Heroes

Chaos Dwarf Sorc x3

All have 2 dispel scrolls

Core

Chaos Dwarf Warriors x25

Full Command/ Banner of Slavery

Chaos Dwarf Warriors x25

Full COmmand/ Warbanner

Chaos Dwarf Warriors X15

Full Command/ Blunderbusses

Chaos Dwarf Warriors X15

Full Command/ Blunderbusses

Hobgoblins x20

L. Armour & Shield

Full Command

Hobgoblins x20

L. Armour & Shield

Full Command

Special

Bolt Thrower x2

Bolt Thrower x2

Rare

Earthshaker

Earthshaker

Cheers,

Chaosftw

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Well, for one thing, this is a list for 7th, and we’re in 8th now. I’d see if the new RH Erratta (Posted on this site) will help in some ways.

You will find that having artillery is to your benifit. I’ve wiped out a lot of larger troop units with the Blunderbuss units, as well as tied up enemy warriors using the Earth Shaker.

Can’t wait to see your models as you build them!

nitroglysarine:

The top two threads here:- http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11

Might give you some visual ideas for how to go.

Chaosftw:

Damn I just finished readin that 7th ed one… lol well I guess ill read this new one get up to date and go from there. Thanks.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

The list (Above) looks good…but might I suggest a few things?

First off, what level are your sorceres, and what lores? Is there any special reason why you need three?

Also, keep in mind that you can choose magic items, magic banners, etc from the 8th rule book as well. Since Chaos Dwarfs have a low movement rate, I suggest using the Banner of Swiftness from the rule book. Place this on a BB unit. It allows you to move and shoot 16" instead of 15".

If you can, cut back on the units of 25 CD Warriors…maybe to 15 and use the points cost to field Hobgoblin Wolf Riders with Arrows. You can move in, shoot and in the next turn. move out and shoot. They also make great “Interfeerance” for tying up enemy units. In fact, in one of my games where CD’s VS Night Goblins, my wolf riders charged in, killed a unit of Night Goblins…the remaining NG’s fled right into another unit of NG, which caused 3 other units of NG’s to flee. I pretty much caused 1/2 of the NG army to flee on turn 2.

Also, a Hobgoblin Hero on wolfback is good too! He’s like a missle of destruction! Run in fast, hack and slash, and get out quick.

If you can, throw in a Death Rocket. In a game I was playing against Ogre Kingdoms using 7th edition rules, I managed to drop a Death Rocket right on the head of the Ogre Tyrant! That killed him dead!

Also, try a unit of Sneaky Gits. Double attacks with posion. Kills on 6 and has “Double Shread”. Field as 20 and keep out the full command on this unit. They don’t have armor, so no need in having their banner captured.

Da Crusha:

so is this the Ravening Hordes PDF list? I vaguely remember this army list was based on a fan made army book…

well for 8th edition as it stands you list isn’t legal. you are now limited to just one dispel scroll. and the banner of slavery isn’t worth it my opinion anymore since a battle standard bearer can grant the same bonus to all of your troops within 12" rather than just greenskins, for half the cost. I would drop the Light armour and shield on the hobgoblin units and then combine them. this will make a nice tarpit that can hold up tough enemies for several turns. I then would try to get a Horde of chaos dwarfs with great weapons, these are really nasty in 8th edition.