[Archive] 2500 Points (LoA)

Hellforged:

Greetings,

As some of you may have garnered from my post in the introduction thread I am in the middle of start a (very) slow grow army for Chaos Dwarfs and I am partaking in a ‘Tale of x gamers’ type article where we have a set amount each month to spend and then paint our forces by a strict deadline.

Here is what I am thinking of as my midpoint (2500) list

Sorceror Prophet - 300

Level 4, Lore of Metal, Enchanted Shield

Infernal Castellan - 205

BSB, Shield, Mask of the Furnace, Luckstone, Ironcurse Icon

Daemonsmith - 125

Level 1, Lore of Fire, Dispel Scroll, Charmed Shield

Hobgoblin Khan - 66

Shield, LA, Dragonhelm, Giant Wolf

Hobgoblin Khan - 61

Shield, LA, Dragonbane Gem, Giant Wolf

29 Infernal Guard - 425

Full Command, Razor Standard

40 Hobgoblin Cutthroats - 202

FC, Shields

40 Hobgoblin Cutthroats - 202

FC, Shields

10 Infernal Guard - 180

Mus, Fireglaives

10 Infernal Guard - 180

Mus, Fireglaives

Deathshrieker Rocket - 100

Iron Daemon - 340

Hellbound, Skullcracker

2486 Points

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Hellforged:

Ok have updated the list with magic item points as well as the roster cost (2000-2500)

I am aware I have too mnay Talismans on my BSB I’m trying to decide between them (I have an OCD with list building)

MLP:

A few quick points I would consider:

Your prophet seem vunerable with only a 2+, a ward save would be nice, maybe earthing rod.

You probably don’t need two fire ward hobgobs, unless you face a lot of fire?

You seem to have gone overkill on Core troops, I feel like you need something else hard hitting in there like Bull Centaurs, Hellcannon, k’daii.

Skullcracker can often be hard to get the most out of and you’re relying on it in this list. A Plain Iron Daemon mmight be better.

I think with this list you willl be often outmatched in combat as the enemy will likely be choosing the combats.

In summary for your list I would:

Drop a Khan, Hellbound & Skullcracker Upgrade and either the two Fireglaive units or two Hobgoblin units or one of each.

Add a Ward save to your Prophet

Add a Monsterous unit of Bull Centaurs or K’daii

Try to fit in a Hellcannon or Magma Cannon if you don’t take a Destroyer.

Hope this helps

Hellforged:

Hi, firstly cheers for taking the time to leave me some feedback.

I do face a lot of Flaming attacks (Brets, Bloodthirsters, Flaming SOBU’s ect) so figured that two cheap heroes could effectively tie up that one regiment or regiments in the case of the Brets.

Yes I do tend to go heavy on the Core, its the Bretonnian in me

I’ll have a look at the list and try again, maybe something like

Maybe something like

Sorceror Prophet - 350

Level 4, Lore of Metal, Enchanted Shield, 4++

Infernal Castellan - 195

BSB, Shield, Mask of the Furnace

Infernal Castellan - 150 pts

Dragonhelm, Talisman of Endurance

Daemonsmith - 125

Level 1, Dispel Scroll, Charmed Shield

29 Infernal Guard - 380

Full Command

29 Infernal Guard - 380

Full Command

Magma Cannon - 170

Hellbound

Magma Cannon - 170

Hellbound

Dreadquake Mortar - 215

Ogre (6 wounds oh yes)

5 Hobgoblin Wolfraiders - 65

Spears

5 Hobgoblin Wolfraiders - 65

Spears

2465 points

Better?

Hellforged:

ok have dropped the hobgoblin core and added a few more warmachines, what do you think?

nilbog:

I’d drop the dreadquake and use a hellcannon instead, it’s better value for its points. You can always use whatever model your using for the dreadquake as a hellcannon if you don’t have the model itself.

You don’t really need another castellen. If you’ve got him in there to make both blocks of IG stubborn, put the crown of command on your level 4 instead.

You could then drop one magma cannon and add either a unit of bull centaurs, a unit of fireborn or a destroyer to help out in the close combat phase.

Hellforged:

Hmmmm thats not a bad idea, I actually do not own any of these models (except wolf riders) so am fairly open to possible purchases, I got a Vessal game tonight against a friend so will see how the list does