[Archive] 2500 RH cheese allcomers list

Spikes:

Hey guys,

Big tournament coming up in June. It lasts two days over the weekend, but it doesn’t accept the new Indy GT list. So I got my head around the concept of playing the old RH chaos dwarves, even if it means that my nice looking siege tower, chariots and golems will be left at home.

The fast cav is not considered as expendable as it could if it was O&G wolfriders x5. Since they’re at minimal size 10, I went ahead and gave them a musician (when they have to rally from a bait & flee) and some bows (since they’re fast cav). I’ll be using these guys as an “anything goes” unit that is very opportunist. I’ll try to flee in the direction of my general in order to benefit from his leadership.

The list has a lot of scrap/chaff 20pt units just to mess with the opponent. 10+ slave units FTW! I will try to move 'em ahead and angle them for obvious charge redirection.

I totally don’t know how to play magic heavy CD but I’ve heard it’s the best bet for allcomers lists. Any insight on how to run the wizards?

CHARACTERS

Sorcerer Lord - dispel scroll, Level 4, Power Stone, Black Gem of Gnar,

Total unit cost 310pts (I can withstand one round of a challenge against a bloodthirster with this setup!)

Bull Centaur Hero - Black Hammer of Hashut, Armour of the Furnace, shield, Battle Standard, Banner of Slavery,

Total unit cost 267pts

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - dispel scroll, Level 2, Power Stone,

Total unit cost 150pts

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - dispel scroll, Level 2, Power Stone,

Total unit cost 150pts

CORE

Chaos Dwarf Warriors x25 - Heavy armour, shield, full cmd, War Banner,

9 pts/model, Total unit cost 280pts

Chaos Dwarf Warriors x21 - Heavy armour, shield, full cmd,

9 pts/model, Total unit cost 219pts

Blunderbussers x16 - Heavy armour, Musician,

12 pts/model, Total unit cost 202pts

Blunderbussers x16 - Heavy armour, Musician,

12 pts/model, Total unit cost 202pts

Hobgoblins x10 -

2 pts/model, Total unit cost 20pts

Hobgoblins x10 -

Hobgoblins x10 -

Hobgoblins x20 - Musician,

2 pts/model, Total unit cost 50pts

Hobgoblins x10 - bow,

Hobgoblins x10 - bow,

Hobgoblin Wolfriders x10 - bow, light armour, shield, Musician,

11 pts/model, Total unit cost 170pts

SPECIAL

Bolt Thrower x2 - Two Hobgoblin crew,

30 pts/model, Total unit cost 60pts

Bolt Thrower x2 - Two Hobgoblin crew,

30 pts/model, Total unit cost 60pts

RARE

Earthshaker - Three Chaos Dwarf crew with heavy armour,

Total unit cost 110pts

Earthshaker - Three Chaos Dwarf crew with heavy armour,

Total unit cost 110pts

Any suggestions on how ti improve the list or how to play the magic phase correctly?

Thanks!

Da Crusha:

I dont think it is a cheese list at all, in fact thats one of the most common cd lists. one problem though BSB cant carry magic items and magic banner, and you gave the bsb too many points worth of magic items. might as well give the banner of slavery to the other CD warrior unit. cheese lists ussually have 6 or 8 Bolthrowers.

Time of Madness:

First off your list is a bit confusing I think because you listed the individual model cost. Maybe you can clean it up a bit.

I don’t think magic heavy is always the most effective way to go when building a list. When playing 2500pts I find a lord on taurus is a good buy just so you have something that causes terror and can take on some heavy hitters.

I really dislike the bull centaur bsb. Comes in at way to many points when a simple hero does a better job at holding up the standard.

This is my favourite character build, keeping in mind you won’t have that much magic :frowning:

Chaos Dwarf Lord

- Taurus

- Armour of Furnace

- Black Hammer of Hashut

- Shield

= 443pts

Chaos Dwarf Hero (General)

- Heavy Armour/Enchanted Shield

- Black Gem

= 109pts

Chaos Dwarf Hero (Bsb)

- Sword of Might

- Armour of Gazrakh

= 135pts

Chaos Dwarf Sorceror

- 2 Dispel Scrolls

= 115pts

As far as the rest of the list goes I think it is pretty standard. I’ve never been a big fan of the wolfriders in unit of 10 though. That’s a pretty expensive unit for what you have planned for it.

Time of Madness

Bolg:

Drop the bows of the wolfboys and give those bows to one of the spoiler gobbos, they are great at shooting light caf etc.

Spikes:

About the 10 wolfboys units, it’s simply that I’m not allowed to take two units of 5. The minimum is 10, just like the chaos dwarf hero has an Ld of 10. It’s stuff that you have to accept.

Spikes:

Thanks for pointing out the BSB, I’ll “reduce” him to no magic banner. I keep him as a bull centaur because of better statline.

New List (with TimeOfMadness’s suggested character loadout):

Chaos Dwarf army - Total: 2498pts

Chaos Dwarf Lord - Black Hammer of Hashut, Armour of the Furnace, shield, Great Taurus

Bull Centaur Hero - Sword of Might, heavy armour, Enchanted Shield, Battle Standard

Chaos Dwarf Hero - heavy armour, Enchanted Shield

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - Level 1, 2 Dispel Scrolls

Chaos Dwarf Warriors x25 - Heavy armour, shield, full cmd, War Banner, Total unit cost 280pts

Chaos Dwarf Warriors x21 - Heavy armour, shield, full cmd, Banner of Slavery, Total unit cost 269pts

Blunderbussers x17 - Heavy armour, Musician

Blunderbussers x17 - Heavy armour, Musician

Hobgoblins x10 -

Hobgoblins x10 -

Hobgoblins x20 - Musician

Hobgoblins x10 - bow

Hobgoblins x10 - bow

Hobgoblin Wolfriders x10 - light armour, shield, Musician

Bolt Thrower x2 - Two Hobgoblin crew

Earthshaker - Three Chaos Dwarf crew with heavy armour

Earthshaker - Three Chaos Dwarf crew with heavy armour

My question then becomes: how would you run the Great Taurus Lord? How would you dispel stuff against vampire counts and magic heavy lizardmen?

Da Crusha:

chaos dwarf BSBs arent allowed to carry a shield. why dont you just have your bsb wear the armour of ghazrak and carry the sword of might instead? you can take the extra points out of hobgobbos.

as far as the great Taurus goes, I would have the CD hero be the general to lend his leadership around and then just have the great Taurus go and cause havoc wherever it is necessary hopefully getting behind the enemy’s ranks until they get into combat with your infantry blocks and then have it rear charge.